“Comfortable stay”
Review of Hilton Shanghai

Hilton Shanghai
Ranked #61 of 5,159 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed 28 June 2011

Stayed here for 5 nights in a basic King room. The room layout was good with a nice view of the city. Room was in good repair and it was nice having a large TV with a variety of channels. Great bed and pillows. The cleaning service was exceptional and every night turndown. The cleaning staff were very friendly and always asked if I needed extra this or that. I did not find the front desk staff to be very friendly. Never a smile. For some strange reason the toilet faces the bath with very little space between the two. Probably okay if you're under 4'6". Only complaint is that the wireless internet only works above certain floors. i was on the 19th floor and couldn't get service. They offered to move me but I discovered this after one day and I liked the room I was in. The fitness centre is excellent with lots of equipment and it was busy early every morning. Didn't eat in any restaurants as the prices were very steep for Shanghai. One tip is free wireless next door at the E Cafe. It's a coffee shop with pastries and light snacks. Turn left as you exit the hotel.
I would definitely stay here next time I'm in Shanghai.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank zingmaster
HiltonShanghai, Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2011

Dear Valued guest,

I do appreciate for your compliment comments on our hotel room facilities, staff of Housekeeping, and fitness centre. And I have taken notice that we need to improve our front desk staff service awareness including smiling face. We do have certain floors without wireless connection which those floors will be in a part of future renovation plan to be implemented. Please let me know for your next trip since I can locate you on the wireless function floor.

Nevertheless, we do value your constructive comments as any 100% guest satisfaction is our service goal indeed. Please liaise with me directly any time for any assistance, and I do expect to welcome you back very in the soon.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 26 June 2011

I am a frequent traveller and stay at the Hilton Shanghai regularly. I am treated exceptionally well every time I go. Everything I ask for is quickly resolved. The Sichuan restaurant on the top is excellent. Many of my collegues stay elsewhere, but I always stay here. Special thanks to Regina, Diana, April and Mita on the executive floor. Thanks to Wendy in the lobby lounge. They always remember me and make my stay much more welcome. The rooms are outstanding Peggy is a great housekeeper in my room.
it has become my second home!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
HiltonShanghai, Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2011

Dear Valued guest,

On behalf of hotel management, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your valuable comments on Tripadvisor.

I have seen that you are really a loyalty guest to Hilton Shanghai since you can raise up many staff's name even. As your mentioned to Sichuan court, Housekeeping, Executive floor and Lobby bar staff, they will be deserved a "Hilton Moment" as we call due to guest compliment comments.

Many times, it's only through the constructive comments from well-travelled guests, such as yourself, that help us to maintain the highest possible standard in our hotel. Our goal is the perfect 10 in all! Thanks again for filling up online survey, and please feel freely to contact me directly for any future reservation or assistance. We do look forward to seeing you again in the near futures at the Hilton Shanghai.

Reviewed 23 June 2011

Resevered a room via priceline for 90/nght. The hotel staff is very friendly. I think housekeeping cleaned/straighten up my room every time I left the hotel. The location is good, three blocks from the Subway, line 2 Jing An Temple station. I had rooms on the 12 & 8 floor. The rooms were very dated but the bed was comfortable. There was an old musty smell in the rooms, hallway.

They Atrium cafe was expensive and not very good. The Grab & Go cafe was good for coffee and pastry. Business center very expensive, I believe internet was 30/hour. Over all the hotel was an okay deal but I think if Im in Shanghai again, I will stay at one of the newer hotels.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
HiltonShanghai, Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2011

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to complete our Tripadvisor Survey. I have taken notice that you are statisfied with hotel location and our housekeeping daily service. However, regarding Atrium cafe and Business centre value, you feel not good at all. The comments has been passed to the related department and shared in concerned team. Our goal is the perfect 10 in all! Thanks again for filling up our online survey, and please feel free to contact me directly for any future reservation or assistance. We do look forward to seeing you in the near futures at the Hilton Shanghai.

Reviewed 23 June 2011

I am Hilton Honors member and this Hilton surpasses the other Hilton hotels and brands I've stayed. The entrance and lobby areas are spectacular. The restaurants were very good and offered a wide variety of food and prices. My room was very clean, contemporary/modern, and had toiletries in the room such as toothbrushes, comb, shower cap, etc. The only thing I did not like were the feather pillows because I don't find them very supportive for the neck. The Spa was also enjoyable and relaxing.

The staff was very courteous. My room service attendant noticed that I liked chocolate and provided me with a courtesy box of sample chocolates--very nice touch of customer service and attention to detail. My favorite spot was the Penthouse on 39, but no live band on Sundays. You can see the city skyline and it has an intimate setting. The Atrium was beautiful even on dreary rain days and there was ample space to move around without disturbing other tables. I would definitely stay at the hotel again.

It is near a subway/metro station and within walking distance to the Jing'an Temple. The hotel also has an ATM in the lobby, but HSBC is next door also along with a small cafe in case you wanted to eat outside the hotel. It is located in the French Concession and walking around the area was easy and nice little restaurants and shops.

The Hilton Shanghai website does not provide all transportation options to the hotel. If arriving from the Pudong International Airport, take the subway station (Line 2) to Jing'an Temple station and walk down to the Hilton. For a faster way and for fun, take the Maglev train to the subway station (Longyang) and get the subway to Jing'an Temple station. The Maglev train will cost you 40 yuan when you present your boarding pass. You can take a taxi which is almost 200 yuan. I don't recommend taking the private car because I found it to be way overpriced--380 yuan.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Kayshelle

Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of hotel management, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your valuable comments on Tripadvisor Survey. I have seen that you are completely satisfied with your precious stay with us. It's always so good to hear from you the great experience and positive comments on hotel rooms, restaurants, especially for service part. It will be definitely share in concerned department.

Our goal is the perfect 10 in all! Thanks again for filling up our Tripadvisor survey, and please feel freely to contact me directly for any future reservation or assistance. We do look forward to seeing you in the near futures at the Hilton Shanghai.

Reviewed 21 June 2011

When one is in China its a pleasure to stay at a hotel where staff speaks as well as understands English.
Staff is eager to help you with eating out places,taxis and all that you need to make your stay comfortable.
View of the Pearl tower from the rooms is awesome.
Interiors are great.......donot miss the beautiful flower arrangements in the flower shop and nice macroons in the bakery.........

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business

Dear Valued guest,

Warm greetings from Hilton Shanghai. First of all, thank you very much for taking your precious time to complete Tripadvisor Survey after your recent stay with us.

We learnt that you completely enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I do appreciate for your great comments on our staff service with so sure positive feed back. That will be definitely shared in our concerned department and encourage us to continue focusing on guest satisfaction at any time.

Reviewed 13 June 2011

An excellent hotel. I would rate it a 5-star. Very luxurious. Spent 3 nights with a tour group. Shanghai is huge and spread out. The hotel is probably a bit far for walking to Old Town or to the Bund, but the neighborhood is excellent (French concession area)--lots of restaurants, lots of shopping. It is an easy walk to the Jing'an Temple and to the theater where we saw a Chinese acrobatics show. The metro is only a couple of blocks away. Breakfast was also excellent and comprehensive.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
HiltonShanghai, Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2011

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you very much for taking valuable time to complete our Tripadvisor Survey. I have taken notice that generally satifsied with our hotel for your recent stay, and very much appreciated for your compliment to us. As your said, our hotel is located on the best location in Shanghai with very convenient Metro or bus nearby. It's good for both leisure & business customers indeed.

Please feel free to contact me directly for any further assistance and we do look forward to seeing you in many futures.

Best regards,

Melody Wang
Guest Relations Manager
melody.wang@hilton.com
8621-62480000 Ext.2222

Reviewed 13 June 2011

Second visit here on business . Staff are very friendly , excellent front desk , great staff at breakfast ..... Coffee , orange juice top up without even asking !!! Doorman recommends great places to eat , all in all a very pleasant place to stay

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
HiltonShanghai, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2011

Dear guest,

On behalf of hotel managerment, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your valuable comments on Tripadvisor.

We looking forward to seeing you back soon in Hilton Shanghai.

Regards