“Good Stay, Nice View, Nothing Really a WOW”
Review of The Kunlun Jing An

The Kunlun Jing An
Ranked #59 of 5,222 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Spent weekend visiting Shanghai and stayed 2 nights with my wife. A few positives... (1) Location to MRT/Subway is quite convient, less than 500m, (2) The view from our room was very nice of Pudong skyline far off in the distance, (3) The breakfast buffet is good. There are some critical drawbacks, (1) Our room was quite dated, in critical need of renovation, (2) The bars around the hotel, but are quite seedy. I was expecting more being in Shanghai.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MPCLDC
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at The Kunlun Jing An, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from the Hilton Shanghai—I hope this message finds you well on your journey onwards!

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your most recent stay with us. We use guest feedback as an important tool for training and improvement, so we truly appreciate your detailed comments. In particular, I am happy to know that you enjoyed your view and breakfast. Still, I am disappointed that we did not impress you with the condition of our rooms. I am pleased to inform you, however, that we will be completing major renovations in the summer and hope to impress you with our improvements upon your return!

Please do not hesitate to contact me further, as I would be pleased to assist!

fu.li@hilton.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,560)

Reviewed 26 May 2012

I stayed at this hotel using reward points so value wise it was worthy. Upon arrival, I was asked to check in at the executive lounge. The staff was prompt, warm and accommodating. The lounge was spacey where private working area could be easily found. The room itself was contemporary (see attached picture). Actually I found the hotel was better accommodated and updated than most Hiltons in US.

Food wise I did not get to eat in any of the hotel restaurants except had a full breakfast buffet in the executive lounge (free of charge even under a reward stay). There were affluent selections of western flavored and Chinese flavored food. I also appreciated the welcome fruit plate and 2 bottles of water awaiting in my room.

Probably like every major metropolitan area, the hotel's clientele is diverse. I enjoyed meeting some interesting people. The hotel is centrally located with easy access to central Shanghai as well as Pudong area.

I was somewhat surprised to see an earlier post complaining about some hotel staff's poor English. From my experience, sure they're not native English speakers, but I did not see any problem they had communicating with native English speakers.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at The Kunlun Jing An, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

I hope this message finds you well on your journey onwards from the Hilton Shanghai!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experiences during your stay with us. I am very pleased to know the details that made your stay so enjoyable, and appreciate your encouraging words! I will be sure to pass on your comments to my colleagues so they may be recognized for their service.

We look forward to welcoming your return soon! Please know that I would welcome any further comments you may want to share or questions regarding future reservations.

Reviewed 23 May 2012

Since you arrive at the hotel, you feel the excellent service. People really care about your needs and provide good information when requested. The room is good, comfortable and in the high floors (I stayed at 32nd) the view is amazing. The bathroom has above average amenities, the work area is comfortable, but the speed of the internet connection should improve. The surrounding area is nice, there are good restaurants near by (the French concession) and there is a subway station few blocks from the hotel. Meeting rooms are comfortable. Recommended!

Room Tip: High floor, view to the bund. You enjoy the great view
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
HiltonShanghaiHotel, Manager at The Kunlun Jing An, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share with us what you enjoyed most about your visit. We are very grateful for your encouraging feedback!

Your detailed great comments on hotel room accommodations and staff good service will certainly help us understand what we can do to show our guests our genuine hospitality and create a memorable experience during their stays. In addition, we have already upgraded our internet badwidth with 40M in house now. We look forward to welcoming you back often upon your future stay.

Until then, please fee free to contact us with any further questions, comments or concerns, as we would be pleased to hear more about your impression of your stay!

Reviewed 21 May 2012

Some of the rooms are being renovated in the hotel so if you are staying at the hotel ask for onle of these as they are much better than the dated rooms that have yet to be renovated. Customer service could be improved at the hotel, and despite being a US chain the standard of english in the hotel is quite poor, particularly so for the receptionists where you would expect good english. On the positive side the beds are very comfortable and the gym was quite good.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at The Kunlun Jing An, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

I hope that this message finds you well on your journey onwards from Shanghai!

Thank you for sharing your concerns regarding your past stays with us. We are always seeking opportunities to improve, so any and all feedback is much appreciated as a tool for our development. In response, I am pleased to inform you that we will continue to renovate a large portion of our rooms this summer to eliminate any dissatisfaction with our remaining, un-renovated rooms. I regret that our plans have negatively affected your stays in the past, but hope that you are impressed with the refurbishments upon your return.

In addition, I will share your comments regarding our Front Office colleagues’ English Skills with our Front Office Management as well as our English Teacher, so that we may inject a sense of urgency into our English Training.

We appreciate your encouraging words as well and hope to welcome you back soon. Please know that we would welcome any further comments you are willing to share!

Reviewed 20 May 2012

I arrived late on a Monday evening. Luckily, the Executive lounge was open and was able to conduct a business meeting. The staff was supremely helpful. The food was very good by global standards and the beverage choices were more than acceptable. The Executive Lounge breakfast was more than acceptable. Rooms were very comfortable, the spa/baths were very nice, almost as good as many spas in Las Vegas. Work out equipment was acceptable, but would have liked a Stairmaster instead of a elipitical. Reception staff were helpful and courteous. Common areas on the 1st floor were ok, a bit loud and sterile.

Room Tip: Good to be on the top floors only to be above the fray

Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from the Hilton Shanghai!

I would like to begin by thanking you for sharing your comments regarding your most recent stay with us. We are always eager to know what our guests enjoy most about our services, and I am pleased to know that you enjoyed many aspects of your experience with us! I will be sure to pass on your encouraging words to my colleagues in the Executive Floor, so they may be recognized appropriately.

In regards to the suggestions you have for our fitness equipment and the lobby ambiance, we appreciate your feedback . Your comments will be taken into further consideration with our Hotel Management.

Please know that any further details you would like to offer about your visit would be welcome. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 17 May 2012

After 3 visits to Shanghai still very happy to stay at this hotel.
Absolutely wonderful Executive Lounge, the staff there is really attentive and every time amazing how fast the remember one from 1 day to the next.
Great location, walking around French Concession, short trip to the Bund.

New rooms are great, especially the large corner ones with huge baths.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
HiltonShanghaiHotel, Manager at The Kunlun Jing An, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Your detailed comments on Executive lounge and service will certainly help us understand what we can do to show our guests our genuine hospitality and create a memorable experience during their stays. We look forward to welcoming you back often upon your future stay.

Reviewed 8 May 2012

Have stayed here a few times on work trips, the staff is exceedingly friendly and the rooms and public areas/restaurants are nice and appear to be relatively new. The executive lounge is very comfortable and has a terrific breakfast buffet. The Jing'an temple and park are just a block or so away, and there are several restaurants and shopping options in the area. It is a bit of a hike to Nanjing road, but if you're up for a walk it's a nice hour or so stroll all the way to the Bund right through the heart of Shanghai.

Room Tip: The standard rooms are already nice and spacious, but if you can get an upgrade to an Executive room...
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
HiltonShanghaiHotel, Manager at The Kunlun Jing An, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from the Hilton Shanghai: I hope that you have enjoyed a pleasant journey onwards from our property and that this message finds you well!

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us regarding what you enjoyed during your stay. I do appreciate for your compliment comments on our Executive lounge including staff service as well as hotel location.

We look forward to your return! Until then, please feel free to contact us with any further questions, comments or concerns!