“Great Hotel, Service, and Locaiton”
Review of The Kunlun Jing An

The Kunlun Jing An
Ranked #59 of 5,222 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I travel to Shanghai quite frequently on business and like to try out the many different hotels that Shanghai has to offer. This hotel was fabulous, offering many hotel options that you may not expect from a Hilton. No language barrier that I came across, which always helps when staying in a big city in Asia like Shanghai.
I stayed in an executive room on the 28th floor with great views of the temple, French Concession, and the Bund (if you look far enough). Offering many restaurants, I found myself at the top floor bar, which overlooks the entire city and a must see regardless of whether or not you stay here. The Spa, pool, and fitness facilities were outstanding, offering everything you could possibly ask for in a luxury hotel.
Anything in Shanghai is just a short cab ride away, including the downtown district in Pudong. The concierge was a big help, suggesting sports bars and clubs that were a lot of fun and very Western friendly. Safety was definitely a priority of the hotel, which was clearly obvious upon entering this facility.
In all, I would highly suggest an executive room on a high floor. The views and service will surely impress visitors and guests.

Room Tip: High floor executive room or suite.
1  Thank jpreston1
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at The Kunlun Jing An, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from the Hilton Shanghai—I hope this message finds you well!

Thank you very much for your review of your stay at our property. As you mention that you frequently travel to our city and try out different hotels, we are especially grateful for you positive assessment of our facilities and service in relation to your experience. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the rooms, restaurants, and spa facilities. However, I am most pleased that our Concierge and Executive Floor impressed you during your stay with their service! Rest assured that your comments have been shared with our Management to recognize our colleagues' commitment to service.

Still, we are always eager to hear how we may improve. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly with any additional comments, as I would be eager to respond. Otherwise, we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

olivia.ji@hilton.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,560)

Reviewed 6 October 2012

I often stay here when I'm on business in Shanghai and it's a reliable favorite. It's located near JingAn and close to the French Concession business area, a short stroll to bars and restaurants. It happens to be the closest to my office, but the reason I stay is because the rooms are good quality international standard and service is consistently good. It's not cheap but it does represent good value for what you get and it simply works very well for the business traveller. Staff are always helpful and friendly - keep up the good work!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at The Kunlun Jing An, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from the Hilton Shanghai—I hope this message finds you well on your journey onwards!

Thank you very much for sharing your impressions of your most recent stay with us. We are very grateful to know what you value most about your stays and appreciate your encouraging words. We look forward to having you back soon and serving you in the future!

Please know that I would welcome any additional comments or questions you may have. Feel free to contact me directly, as I would be eager to assist!

Reviewed 29 September 2012

This is a well located business hotel with most aspects up to Hilton's standards. Staying in the exec rooms at the upper levels means stunning views of the shanghai skyline and all the traffic below - get used to it day and night. Access to the exec lounge is good too with a better breakfast service than you get in the atrium cafe below.
exec rooms are clean and spacious and in good order with a large desk to work at. Wi fi is only free in the lobby and exec lounge, and not particularly cheap otherwise. TV choice is a bit limited in English - ESPN sports are great at repeats!
restaurants are patchy, the atrium cafe is OK for a basic range of food and leonardos the Italia, well give it a miss, expensive with rude and unhelpful staff who really didnt want the business of our group
Lobby staff great, particularly in managing taxis and other tasks along with really helpful folk in the exec lounge
Top floor bar has stunning nighttime views but is very noisy with the music - or maybe i'm getting old!

All in all a good place to stay in town

Room Tip: exec rooms with the facilities that come with it are worth it for the views and lounge access, parti...
1  Thank MartinAnne499484
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at The Kunlun Jing An, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for submitting your impressions of your most recent stay with us. We truly appreciate any and all feedback we receive as an important tool in our development and improvement.

From your comments, I am pleased to know that you enjoyed the location of our hotel as well as the views from your room and the condition of your room. In addition, I am grateful that you valued your Executive Lounge Access and my colleagues serving you here and in the lobby.

However, I am disappointed to know that you were not similarly impressed with our restaurant selection or service. Your comments for our internet policy have also been well-noted for further consideration: Rest assured that we are constantly working on improving our product and service offerings. I apologize for the shortcomings you experienced, but hope that you find a positive change upon your return!

Please do not hesitate to contact me further with any additional comments, as I would welcome your suggestions. Otherwise, I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 29 September 2012

The Shanghai hilton is well located, close to the main up-market shopping area and a short taxi ride to the Bund and river sights. The service was great - all staff that we encountered had no problems understanding us in English. Very good level of service. The bedrooms are dated and need refurbishment though, but were clean. For example the shower is one of those over a shallow bath, and without automatic temperature control.

However even with our corporate deal, it is very expensive - £140/night at Sept 2012

1  Thank Usk-Traveller

Dear Valued Guest,

We are very grateful that you took the time to submit your impressions about your recent stay with us. We are very aware of the value that comments such as yours have in regards to how we may improve and train to a higher standard. In particular, I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed the overall location and service provided by my colleagues. Still, your comments for the condition of the room and pricing will be taken into further serious consideration. I am pleased to inform you that we are currently completing renovations for a large portion of our guest rooms, and hope we have the opportunity to impress you when you return.

Please do not hesitate to contact me further with any questions, comments or concerns, as I would be eager to assist you!

Reviewed 27 September 2012

Of the four hotels I stayed in China, this was my least favorite. While the hotel itself has the complete amentities you would expect in a Hilton (or major hotel chain) - clean, spacious rooms, excellent breakfast in the open-air Atrium cafe, spa, etc. - I did have issues. First, while I found the room staff very friendly and open to conversation, the front desk staff were less than friendly and more "efficient". Second, I found the free Wi-Fi policy rather ridiculous: available only within the first floor lobby area and restricted to 1 (one) hour (non-accumulative) of use per day. Third, be careful of "mini-bar" charges they will try to "stick you for". When I first check-out, I was told my bill was settled. Then one hour later, they called me back to the desk for a mini-bar charge of wine. It took awhile, but they did finally take this charge off. Finally, as some have mentioned, the hotel is going through renovations (which it needs). However, the work was being done at all hours of day and night...as early as 3 AM sometimes. Despite calling this to their attention at the front desk after the first night, it still continued unabated.

Aside, location is good if you need to get to the Hongqiao Airport (only a 20-minute drive), however, the Pudong International Airport is an optimistic 50-minute drive (in good traffic - fortunately we left on a Sunday, but other days, I would plan at least one hour.

Final suggestion: They do allow smoking in certain lounges and restaurants (and even rooms), so suggest a non-smoking room and avoid the smoking areas. Also, there is a park close by and many shops, but little area around the hotel to really stretch your legs.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank profkc
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at The Kunlun Jing An, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time from your schedule to submit a review of your most recent experience at our property—we truly appreciate your comments and constructive criticism as an important catalyst in our improvement and training needs.

Although I appreciate your kind and encouraging words in regards to the condition of the rooms, overall breakfast, and service from our room’s staff, I am very disappointed that these impressions did not extend to other experiences during your stay. In particular, I regret the negative encounters you experienced with the Front Desk and your mini bar charges as well as the disturbances you experienced from our construction. Rest assured that we will take more care to monitor our work. In addition, your notes about our internet service will be taken into further consideration upon the renewal of our internet plans.

I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back and serve you better in the near future. Until then, please do not hesitate to contact me directly with any additional comments, questions or concerns, as I would be eager to assist!

Reviewed 26 September 2012

Was staying at one the panoramic suites. Plenty of space with excellent views. The service was very good with in room checking-in. Good location with park and temple nearby. Very easy to get to all the attractions in Shanghai from the hotel. Good restaurants, bars and shopping centre are also close to the door step. Executive lounge was also very good. Overall, it is a good hotel if somewhat dated in certain aspects, however, they are starting to do renovations.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at The Kunlun Jing An, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your impressions of your most recent stay with us: we truly appreciate that you took the time to give us your feedback, as we are always seeking to understand what our guest’s value most during their visits.

In particular, I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room and view, and that you were well-received at the hotel upon your arrival. Also, I am happy to know that you had a good experience in our Executive Lounge. I look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel, especially after our renovations are complete!

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly with any additional comments or questions as I would be happy to help! Otherwise, we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 24 September 2012

Stayed there recently for a few nights in one of the renovated rooms. I would say that they are up to specs with other Hiltons that we have stayed in.

Used the gym and pool, which I thought were well maintained and looked very clean.

Breakfast buffet and executive lounge were good as well, however they do not allow kids on the executive lounge, which is understandable. Buffet had a very nice variety of both chinese and western dishes.

Pleasant stay and and no issues or complaints on our part.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to submit your impressions of your most recent stay with us. We are constantly seeking the feedback and suggestions of our guest’s as an important tool in recognizing what they value most during their visits. In particular, I am pleased to find that you enjoyed your renovated room as well as our spa facilities. Also, I will be certain to share your encouraging comments regarding the food and beverage offerings in the Executive Lounge with our Management.

Please know that I would be eager to hear from you directly if you have any additional comments or questions. Otherwise, I look forward to welcoming you back to our property!