“Continuous efficient service”

Ranked #55 of 4,998 Hotels in Shanghai
Warsaw, Poland
“Continuous efficient service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2012

I had some doubts when arriving here due to comments referring to technical state of the facility. It turns out that about 50% of ca 700 rooms have been refurbished during the pastbtwo years. The rooms at Executive Floor are all refurbished. Some wallpapre is already peeling off, but.... What can you do.

Staff at the reception was OK. We were quickly shown to the Executive Lounge, given the keys. The room was good. Fairly large, comfy bed. Only aircon was not too efficient - it was getting warm at night.

Great breakfast and dinning facilities. Especially Leonardo's offers sophisticated and good menu. Hudge collection of wines throuout the hotel dining places.

Good gym too. Spacious, a lot of equipment. Nice swimming pool.

Room Tip: Make sure to get one of the refurbished rooms. Corner rooms are very nice!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, 19 November 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from the Hilton Shanghai—I hope this message finds you well on your journey onwards!

Firstly, thank you very much for taking the time out of your schedule to submit your review online. We truly appreciate your feedback as a means for us to understand what our guests value most and how we may improve.

In response to your comments in particular, thank you for acknowledging our ongoing efforts to improve our facilities. We are aware of what we would like to refurbish and have made aggressive plans to complete our restorations. Furthermore, I am pleased to hear that your check-in and dining experiences were enjoyed, and that you made good use of our gym facilities.

Please know that I would welcome any additional comments from you and you may contact me directly at the contact information below. Otherwise, my colleagues and I look forward to welcoming you back soon, as we are eager to serve you even better then.

olivia.ji@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2012

For a Hilton hotel this was rather dissapointing. The last time I stayed here they were renovating one area and this time they were renovating another area. It needs it as well.
The check in staff are rather surley and not too helpful but that is made better by the group of conciege people. These guys are essential for getting around town.
The location for business is a bit out of the way and if a tourist even further out of the way.
The rooms are quite basic and the internet connection very slow.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, 17 November 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from the Hilton Shanghai—I hope this message finds you well on your journey onwards.

Thank you very much for submitting your impressions of your most recent stay with us. We use any and all of our guests’ feedback as an important tool for our training and improvement. With that said, I am very disappointed that you were not more impressed by our facilities and my colleagues. We are currently taking on a large project in renovating all of our guest rooms in phases as well as making serious considerations in renewing our internet services for the coming year. I hope you find an improvement in these areas upon future stays. In regards to my colleagues, I truly appreciate your positive comments for my Concierge Colleagues and hope that our Front Desk will offer you a similar experience upon your return. Your concern will certainly be used in our training.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly with any additional comments you may have Otherwise, my colleagues and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Mankato, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2012

We stayed here for threee nights as part of an Odessys Unlimited tour of China.
It was the best of the three hotels that we stayed in.
The staff was helpful and acceptably proficient in English.
And everything in the room worked, which appears to be unusual in China today.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive comments regarding your most recent stay with us. We are always trying to understand what our guests value most during their stays. I am grateful to know that you had an easy time communicating with my colleagues and that you enjoyed your time in your room.

Please know that I would welcome any additional comments you may have about your stay. Otherwise, my colleagues and I look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2012 via mobile

This was my first trip to Shanghai,and the hotel really serve me well. It is located within walking distance to Huai Hai road. About 10 min stroll to the nearest train station - Jing An Si.

If you intend to do most of your activities at the Bunk (Wai Tan), you probably want to consider other hotels.

Overall speaking, Hilton Shanghai is a great hotel, do opt for executive floor. Aside from breakfast and snacks, you'll get a great view there... A good spot to relax, free wifi is provided.

• Stayed September 2012
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, 14 November 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to submit your impression of your most recent stay with us. We rely on the feedback from our guests to understand what training and improvements are required at our property as well as what our guests value most during their stays. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed our location as well as the view and treats available at the Executive Lounge.

Please know that I would welcome any additional comments you may have about your stay. Otherwise, my colleagues and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Paris, Ile-de-France, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2012

This hotel is very conveniently located close to shopping and the old part of the city. If you are lucky enough to get a high floor the view is great. Staff are friendly and professional and speak English. The menu has a little bit of everything and room service is 24/7.
It is an easy lace to stay during business trips to Shanghai.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Melanie B
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, 13 November 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to begin by thanking you very much for submitting your impressions of your most recent stay with us. We truly appreciate your comments and consider them significantly in plans to improve.

From your comments and ranking of your stay, I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed our overall experience with. However, I am most pleased to hear your positive comments for my colleagues—we always try to show our genuine hospitality when interacting with our guests. Still, if you have any additional comments on your stay, I would be happy to hear from you further.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly with any questions, comments or concerns, as I would be eager to assist. Otherwise, my colleagues and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2012

This is a very busy hotel compared to other hotels we stayed at in Shanghai. Lots of meetings and conventions going on, I imagine. Due to this, the check-in and check-out was extremely slow, even at the executive lounge. There is only one agent at the executive check in and the queue was long. The lounge gets really packed too as we saw many people had to wait a while to get seated. Luckily, they offered breakfast on the first floor restaurant in addition to the lounge so we ate our breakfast at the restaurant where there were much more selection. Service was good and food was good. Location is great too, within walking distance to shops, metro, and malls. The rooms can be a hit or miss. Our first room was nice spacious and had a good view.our second room seemed older, smaller, and had a urine smell. We didn't bother changing rooms since it was only for one night. The Hilton in Hongqiao definitely had better rooms, and more luxurious.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from the Hilton Shanghai—I hope this message finds you and your family well on your journey onwards.

Thank you very much for providing such a detailed response to your most recent stay with us. We truly appreciate any and all feedback we receive from our guests as useful tools in our training and improvement. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our first floor Atrium Café breakfast offerings and service as well as the location of the hotel. However, I am disappointed to hear that you were inconvenienced by the waits upon check-in and check-out in the Executive Floor as well as with the second room you stayed in. Rest assured that your comments have been shared amongst our Management and wll be addressed further.

I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you better in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly with any additional comments or questions, as I would be eager to assist!

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

One can certainly enjoy a stay at the Hilton Shanghai. It is run by very friendly staff, has a good executive lounge, and is overall a nice experience. But it misses that final touch. When picked up from the airport, the limo is old - yet the price is sky high. The rooms have some age and the wifi is slow. There are just some details that if they crack those, this property would be one of the best properties in Shanghai. Close but not the top league yet.

Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, 6 November 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to offer your impressions of your most recent stay with us. Rest assured that your comments are very much appreciated, as we use feedback from our guests as an important tool in our training and improvement.

Having said this, I am very pleased to see that you have had a positive overall experience during your stay in relation to our service and product. However, there is always area to improve, as you mention. Specifically, we have just completed the first phase of our renovations and hope to continue the remainder of our improvements soon to address the comments you mention for our rooms. In addition, our internet plan will come under review in the coming year, and we will certainly take this opportunity to take your comments regarding our Wifi connection into further serious consideration.

Please know that any additional comments, questions or concerns you are willing to share with us would be welcome. I would be pleased to hear from you directly!