2,684 results
All reviews hilton shanghai the executive lounge atrium cafe typical hilton hilton property jing'an temple the penthouse diamond member french concession top floor an upgrade fitness center business trip breakfast buffet metro station corner room location is excellent
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Location: perfect. It is a five-minute walk from the Jing'an Temple metro station. Next to the station is a large shopping mall with many restaurant choices at excellent prices. A diagonal block from the hotel is the Jing'an Park, where you can find more restaurants and also a quiet place to walk around. By the way, you can actually get here from the Pudong Airport directly using the metro (line number two). Because of the amount of luggage we carried, we took the taxi instead, costing about Y180. Nanjing Road East is only three metro stops away, from which you can stroll through the vibrant pedestrian walking street, or be at the Bund, the famous Shanghai river bank, in five minutes. We can't ask for a better location.

Checking-in
The check-in process was efficient. We were in the room within 10 minutes.

Room and service
As one might expect from the Hilton brand, the room was comfortable and well appointed. All hotel staff members (check-in, restaurant, and concierge) were very helpful and communicated well in English. We were planning a trip to Hangzhou by train and worried about the potential long wait at the train station. The concierge helped us book the tickets by phone and had them deliver to the hotel within an hour. We gladly paid the delivery charge (Y35 per ticket) - it's well worth it!

Considering its convenient location, high-quality room and service, we paid a very reasonable price for our stay. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AviatorYW
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at The Kunlun Jing An, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to write review on Tripadvisor by submitting your impression of our property.

To be honestly, it's always so glad to hear from you such detail comments to make a compliment on our property location and our staff service which you indeed enjoyed it, I appreciate. As said, the encouragement comments is always so excited to be recieved and would be shared in our whole team, that could motivate us to continue carrying on guest satisfaction at any time at all.

Please feel free to contact me directly for any future reservation or other assistance, and I do look forward to seeing you in many future visits.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We had a great stay at this hotel our room was comfortable and had a great view over to a temple which was all lit up at night. The executive lounge was impressive one of the best I've visited also as it was Christmas we were able to take our children for a quiet drink in the evening the down stairs restaurant could have been so much better as we were a little disappointed with the food. The location of the hotel was great as there was a short walk to the subway station which allowed us to explore the city.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at The Kunlun Jing An, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from the Hilton Shanghai—I hope this message finds you well!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your impressions of your most recent stay with us. We truly appreciate any and all of our guests’ feedback as an important tool in our improvement and understanding what our guests value most.

I'm also very pleased to know about your great comments especially for hotel location as well as Executive lounge service in particular. It will be surely shared in our team and encourage us to maintain good service continually.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our property soon. Should you have any additional comments or questions, do not hesitate to contact me directly, as I would be eager to assist!

With kind regards,

Reviewed 25 July 2014

This is my second stay at the Hilton Shanghai, and I selected it because my wife joined me for her first trip to Asia. The location near the French Concession is really quite good, and you have easy access to some of the best tourist areas in the city. A short walk to Line 2 at Jing'an Station gives you the ability to travel by underground throughout the heart of the city or all the way west to the Hongqiao Hub (rail and domestic air). Walking through the French Concession or along Nanjing Road gives a first time or frequent Shanghai visitor a prime experience. The hotel's location allowed me to work during the day while my wife safely enjoyed a holiday in Shanghai.

The Hilton Shanghai is a tall tower. High rooms have sensational views of the city. The standard rooms are standard hotel size, and executive rooms area also standard size with the only notable distinction being the higher level views. We had some difficulty with matching our room to the reservations promised us when we checked in, but thanks to Kenny and management, we were provided very nice accommodations. The Executive Lounge is near the top floor, and it has breathtaking views of the city in all directions. This might be the most appealing aspect of this property. The lounge is well staffed, and the service is quite good. Special thanks to Peter for helping make our stay so nice.

My plan worked: my wife loves Shanghai, and yet she appears to understand how challenging my business travel can be. :-)

Room Tip: The tower is very tall, and high rooms have great views. The rooms are not particularly large, and two or more travelers with lots of luggage will find them crowded. Upgrades to Panorama Rooms or a suite will give you more space.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking your valuable time to write a review on Tripadvisor by submitting your impression of our property.

On behalf of my management team, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your great comments on our location. In particular, your constructive comments on our new Executive lounge including service experience is definitely well noted and will be shared in our concerned team. Your mentioned team member's name will be awarded as "Catch Me at the Best" which a tool to encourage service team to continue delivering result of great service with recognition by management.

Please feel free to contact me directly for any future reservation or other assistance, and I am looking forward to seeing you in many future visits.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Outstanding Hotel, Service and location!
As soon as my taxi arrived I was nicely greeted by the outside staff. The guy offered to assist me with my bags.. I refused and carried them myself..

Once inside the lobby other staff/bellmen also greeted me and offered to assist me..(the lobby is very large and all marble/granite!) Then upon check-in it was fast and efficient. Once I arrived at the room it was very clean, the A/C was already on and it smelled good/fresh. (most hotel in China require the room key to be inserted inside the room for the power to go on, this room does not which allows the A/C another other things to already be on ! So nice)

The internet is fast and not blocked !!!! The TV is great with a good amount of USA and other channels for news and business..etc.. The TV also is large and has great speakers/sound quality ! Of course the bed is also very good Hilton quality !! The bathroom is very nice, clean and has a lot of nice marble and finishes.

Next day, the dinning area for the breakfast is in a large open atrium - very nice! Again a lot of staff on-hand and all had nice greetings ! The food selection and freshness of the food was all very good !

So many other good things I want to say and will save for another posting !

For now, I would just say you can't go wrong staying at this hotel. The location, service, room, bed, gym and all the staff all make this hotel a very nice place to stay !!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank T S

Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from the Hilton Shanghai and I hope this message finds you well. Thank you very much for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of your most recent stay with us. We are always eager to know the feedback of our guests, so we may better understand what they value during their stays and what may be improved.

From your scores, I am very pleased to know that our service was what impressed you most, typically on bell boy attention! We are most proud of our people as such! In addition as your mentioned, the Atrium cafe, internet experience and our property location are also satisfied with you. I will surely share it among our team.

I am likewise pleased to know that you enjoyed our location and service, and that you will be recommending our property to your friends. Should you have any questions or further comments, do not hesitate to contact me directly. Otherwise, I look forward to welcoming you and your friends soon!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

My god...who transformed the Executive Lounge into a cafeteria! Stayed here for 3 weeks in the Spring and am currently on my 5th week of 8 at this hotel. After a hard days work, I want my oasis of comfort and now with the tables and upright chairs......IT IS JUST WRONG AND LOOKS VERY TACKY!

P.S. Love Diana, Tess, Alain and the rest of the staff!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BBennett911
HiltonShanghaiHotel, Director Of Operations at The Kunlun Jing An, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear BBennett911,

Greetings from Hilton Shanghai.

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your staying experience with Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to hear that you were pleased with our services and you have enjoyed your stay with us. Rest assured your comments and compliments towards Diana, Tess, Alain and the rest have been shared with my team. We greatly appreciate your comments and we will continue to encourage feedback from all our guests as this is a very important tool for us which will not only help us to continuously improve our services and facilities but also aid us rectify areas we failed in.

I have taken note on your comments with regards to the setup of the Executive Lounge, please accept my sincere apology on the experience. Over the past months we have received several comments from our regular guests as yourself to increase the seating capacity of the Executive Lounge. Therefore the setup which you encountered it is just for a try run, we have ordered new furniture and they will be deliver soon. We always strive to provide the best facilities for our guest.

Mr.BBennett911, while I am genuinely apologetic, I thank you for bringing this to our attention as we believe that critique from our guests, especially a valuable guest as yourself only helps in improvement.

Let me assured you that Hilton's standards are high as ever at Hilton Shanghai and it is my hope that this unfortunate experience has not tainted your overall impression of the Hilton Hotels.

Yours Sincerely,