2,689 results
All reviews hilton shanghai the executive lounge atrium cafe typical hilton hilton property jing'an temple the penthouse diamond member french concession top floor an upgrade fitness center business trip breakfast buffet metro station corner room location is excellent
Reviewed 31 July 2014

A lovely hotel and nicely decorated. Room was spacious and clean. Air conditioning was a bit weak for my taste since I like my room very cool. For others, it might not be a concern. They did lend me a fan. About a five minute walk to the metro station. Tried the lunch buffet at the hotel. Ok selection but quite pricey. Paid equivalent of $45-$50. Yikes! Area is quite nice and lively. Wi-fi is free in the lobby but quite spotty. It is a paid service if you want it in the room.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at The Kunlun Jing An, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your most recent stays with us!

We truly value the comments and feedback we receive from our guests, who are familiar with our values and service commitment. In particular, I am grateful to know that you enjoyed most during your stay in regards to our hotel location, room facilities and others of your staying experience.

My team and I look forward to see you return to the Hilton Shanghai in the future! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly with any additional questions, comments or concerns you may have, as I would be happy to hear from you.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

It's amazing stay in Hilton Shanghai, Great service, comfortable environment and convenience location, will choose to stay in the future. Hilton hotel will never let you down. It's a such great experience during my stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Wei W
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at The Kunlun Jing An, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review of your most recent stay with us. We are very grateful for any feedback we receive, as we continue to gain a better understanding of what our guests value most. This is especially the case for guests such as yourself, who are loyal Hilton guests and understand our commitment to service.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our property location, upgraded room facilities and service part. I will be sure to share your positive comments among our Management and service team, so they may be recognized for their hospitality.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any additional details about your stay directly. Otherwise, my team and I look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Location: perfect. It is a five-minute walk from the Jing'an Temple metro station. Next to the station is a large shopping mall with many restaurant choices at excellent prices. A diagonal block from the hotel is the Jing'an Park, where you can find more restaurants and also a quiet place to walk around. By the way, you can actually get here from the Pudong Airport directly using the metro (line number two). Because of the amount of luggage we carried, we took the taxi instead, costing about Y180. Nanjing Road East is only three metro stops away, from which you can stroll through the vibrant pedestrian walking street, or be at the Bund, the famous Shanghai river bank, in five minutes. We can't ask for a better location.

Checking-in
The check-in process was efficient. We were in the room within 10 minutes.

Room and service
As one might expect from the Hilton brand, the room was comfortable and well appointed. All hotel staff members (check-in, restaurant, and concierge) were very helpful and communicated well in English. We were planning a trip to Hangzhou by train and worried about the potential long wait at the train station. The concierge helped us book the tickets by phone and had them deliver to the hotel within an hour. We gladly paid the delivery charge (Y35 per ticket) - it's well worth it!

Considering its convenient location, high-quality room and service, we paid a very reasonable price for our stay. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AviatorYW

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to write review on Tripadvisor by submitting your impression of our property.

To be honestly, it's always so glad to hear from you such detail comments to make a compliment on our property location and our staff service which you indeed enjoyed it, I appreciate. As said, the encouragement comments is always so excited to be recieved and would be shared in our whole team, that could motivate us to continue carrying on guest satisfaction at any time at all.

Please feel free to contact me directly for any future reservation or other assistance, and I do look forward to seeing you in many future visits.

With warm regards,

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We had a great stay at this hotel our room was comfortable and had a great view over to a temple which was all lit up at night. The executive lounge was impressive one of the best I've visited also as it was Christmas we were able to take our children for a quiet drink in the evening the down stairs restaurant could have been so much better as we were a little disappointed with the food. The location of the hotel was great as there was a short walk to the subway station which allowed us to explore the city.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
HiltonShanghaiHotel, General Manager at The Kunlun Jing An, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from the Hilton Shanghai—I hope this message finds you well!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your impressions of your most recent stay with us. We truly appreciate any and all of our guests’ feedback as an important tool in our improvement and understanding what our guests value most.

I'm also very pleased to know about your great comments especially for hotel location as well as Executive lounge service in particular. It will be surely shared in our team and encourage us to maintain good service continually.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our property soon. Should you have any additional comments or questions, do not hesitate to contact me directly, as I would be eager to assist!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

This is my second stay at the Hilton Shanghai, and I selected it because my wife joined me for her first trip to Asia. The location near the French Concession is really quite good, and you have easy access to some of the best tourist areas in the city. A short walk to Line 2 at Jing'an Station gives you the ability to travel by underground throughout the heart of the city or all the way west to the Hongqiao Hub (rail and domestic air). Walking through the French Concession or along Nanjing Road gives a first time or frequent Shanghai visitor a prime experience. The hotel's location allowed me to work during the day while my wife safely enjoyed a holiday in Shanghai.

The Hilton Shanghai is a tall tower. High rooms have sensational views of the city. The standard rooms are standard hotel size, and executive rooms area also standard size with the only notable distinction being the higher level views. We had some difficulty with matching our room to the reservations promised us when we checked in, but thanks to Kenny and management, we were provided very nice accommodations. The Executive Lounge is near the top floor, and it has breathtaking views of the city in all directions. This might be the most appealing aspect of this property. The lounge is well staffed, and the service is quite good. Special thanks to Peter for helping make our stay so nice.

My plan worked: my wife loves Shanghai, and yet she appears to understand how challenging my business travel can be. :-)

Room Tip: The tower is very tall, and high rooms have great views. The rooms are not particularly large, and two or more travelers with lots of luggage will find them crowded. Upgrades to Panorama Rooms or a suite will give you more space.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking your valuable time to write a review on Tripadvisor by submitting your impression of our property.

On behalf of my management team, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your great comments on our location. In particular, your constructive comments on our new Executive lounge including service experience is definitely well noted and will be shared in our concerned team. Your mentioned team member's name will be awarded as "Catch Me at the Best" which a tool to encourage service team to continue delivering result of great service with recognition by management.

Please feel free to contact me directly for any future reservation or other assistance, and I am looking forward to seeing you in many future visits.

With warm regards,