I expected a hotel called The Bund Center to be right along the waterfront near the old buildings, but as a tourist, I felt it was a bit misnamed. The walk to the centre of the Bund is longer than expected.
I actually stayed here twice in one month. The first time I was in the older Crown tower, and the second time the newer Grand Tower. Both rooms were upgraded as an SPG member. The Grand is more modern with light timbers and a free-standing bath, while the Crown is more traditional with dark timbers and granite bathroom. Both were very good.
- Desk: Yes
- TV: LCD
- Wifi: Yes.
- Bedside powerpoint: Yes - no need to unplug anything!
- Fridge: Yes
- Free bottled water: Yes
- Balcony: No
- View: First room just overlooked the second tower. The second room had views towards Nanjing road, and I could just see the Pearl Tower.
Bathrooms: Very good.
- Lighting over mirror: Good - easy to shave
- Bathtub: Yes
- Scales: Yes, but seemed to weigh light in both rooms
- Shampoos: Yes
Very classy, but the water smelled a bit, and there was slime on the tiles. No classy changeroom unfortunately.
Breakfast: Not included
Service: Good. Better English than many other hotels in China.
Location: A longer-than-expected walk to the Bund and Nanjing Road, but not too far.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shanghai is a city with a colorful past, a fast-paced present and a promising future. It is a fascinating city for every visitor. The Bund is a collection of relics of the past that imbues Shanghai with its vigorous energy today. In the middle of this all is our hotel, The Westin Bund Center, Shanghai.On level one, we have our lobby lounge, Heavenlies, serving fresh coffee and beverages all day, and The Stage offering an all international buffet. Also located on level one is our fresh deli shop, Treats, which features delicious sandwiches and take-away beverages. On level two, we have our sleek bar, Niche, open in evenings, and our Italian restaurant, Prego, open for lunch and dinner. Finally, we have our specialty restaurant, Crystal Garden, on level five serving Chinese, Japanese and Thai specialties. Our Spa & Fitness facilities are spread out over level three and five, combined by a beautiful spiral staircase. For secretarial services, you can visit our business center on level three. We provide guests with complimentary high-speed Internet access throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood APAC, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Agoda and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your The Westin Bund Center Shanghai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Bund Center Shanghai Hotel Shanghai
- Westin Hotel Shanghai
- Westin Shanghai
- Westin Hotel Bund Center
- Shanghai Westin