The Hongta Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
All reviewsst regisbutler servicethe executive loungecentury avenuespg platinumtop floorbeautiful propertypvg airportacross the riverbusiness areaexcellent hotelwater pressurethe hotel offersbusiness staythe financial districtbuffet breakfasthotel is located
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Stayed here for a few nights. Enjoyed it very much.
It used to be the St. Regis Shanghai, somehow it was changed to Hongta. But some best of the St. Regis were left, such as the services. It was great they still had the butler service for each guest. The concierge was very good too, they asked me lot of questions and found me a few things.
I took the metro from PVG to the Century Ave. stop, then walked about 8 min to the hotel. It was reliable and cheap. A taxi ride would cost 150 RMB. The hotel was just across the street from the Courtyard I used to stay. Checkin was fast and nice. The room was large with a marble bath. The hotel was upkept nicely. The staff was very nice. I had a great stay.
However, the only drawback was the breakfast buffet. It did not have many items, nor the quality was up to a 5-star level. I could tell they tried hard to make it good, but it seemed to me they were doing a sloppy job, neither the taste nor the presentation was good. I hope they can improve it.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank NYCha
Liu_Zong, General Manager at The Hongta Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Hongta Hotel for your recent stay and very pleased to know that you enjoyed most aspects of your stay with us. We have been working very hard to ensure our standard of cuisine lives up to your expectation. With the new culinary team, we are putting significant efforts to improve the breakfast experiences of our guests. I would also like to share with you that we're expecting a full scale phase by phase renovation of the hotel in the very near future and our restaurants are definitely on the top of the list. I do hope that we can bring a brand new experience to you after the project is completed.

Once again, thank you for your constructive comments and we look forward to having you back again soon.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

The Hongta Hotel is certainly not to be missed. Jazz music plays in the lifts; the hotel is remarkably clean; the Club Lounge on the 40th floor provides spectacular views of Shanghai centre and the hotel is easily reachable from 2 major Shanghai Metro stations. Whilst here, pay the extra to stay in one of the executive rooms and be well taken care of!

Room Tip: Join the SPG programme.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jason H
Liu_Zong, General Manager at The Hongta Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a wonderful review. I am delighted to acknowledge that you are satisefied with our facilities and services. Guests' satisefaction is the supreme hornor to us. Please be assured that I will cascade your comments to the entire team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 1 May 2013

Stayed at this hotel last Friday and Saturday night with my partner while we were meeting parents in Shanghai. This was without a doubt one of the best hotels we've ever stayed in. The amenities were great, the spa, pool and salon were really cool too but best of all (for me) was the gym. This is the first actual, decent, proper gym with a selection of weights that I've seen in any hotel. Usually you just the token several machines, but I would go to this gym if it was located here in Nanjing, even if the hotel wasn't attached.

Further to that, the executive lounge with chocolate buffet and view was a lot of fun, but after living in China for three months it was the breakfast which really lit up our stay. Good hotels like this usually have decent buffets but the Hongta's was sensational, one of the best meals we had in Shanghai - and we even went to Kafer which is a five star german restaurant with prices to match the amazing food.

I am shocked that anyone would describe this hotel as average, but we've stayed in quite a few hotels in China and this was our favorite.

PS - This is the first Chinese hotel I've stayed in with a decent mattress on the bed and not the typical Chinese concrete hardness that they love so much.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank TobyGraham99
Liu_Zong, General Manager at The Hongta Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

It's always such an inspiration to read such nice comments as yours. Thank you for your time and trust. I very much appreciated your positive comments and I will surely pass them on to the entire team!

Again, Thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 17 April 2013

I have visited Shanghai once a year for the past 4 years and every year my coworkers and I choose this hotel. This hotel was once called the St Regis....but it has since changed its name to the Hongta Hotel. The level of customer service that I have experienced at this hotel is incomparable. They provide a butler service which goes above and beyond to accommodate your needs. This hotel is perfect for a business trip because it is centrally located to all the major things to do on the Pudong side of Shanghai via a short cab ride or by train.

There are also two great shopping centers that are both within walking distance of the hotel which fulfills all ur dining and shopping needs.

The hotel rooms are very spacious and the fitness center has so much to offer

I would definitely highly recommend this hotel to anyone that I know would be staying in the Pudong area of Shanghai! This hotel may have changed its name but it has not changed its level of customer service. The staff is great and I look forward to another stay at this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Jersey K

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. I'm proud to learn that we have been able to provide comfortable accomodations for you and your coworkers. Your generous compliment is definately a big source of motivation for the entire team.

As you've mentioned, since last year, hotel has been rebranded into Luxury Collection, which is the sister brand of St. Regis and delivers the same types of luxury services. We will continue to strive for better guest experience

Thank you again for your comment . We also look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 28 March 2013

A nice hotel close to the metro.
In this hotel you have a gym's floor, a nice resto, but less interesting than the pure japenese resto on the other side of the road.
Anyway it is perfect for working after hours of trip. A good location.

Room Tip: Ask a card for the taxi, a card in chinese obviously
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Franck91310
Liu_Zong, General Manager at The Hongta Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your very positive review. It's always such a pleasure to know that our guest is satisfied with his/her stay. We cannot wait to welcome you back! Thank you again for your comments!

With Regards,