“Very nice hotel for business travel”

The Hongta Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai
Ranked #82 of 5,222 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

No complaints at all. Great service. Very clean. Excellent breakfast. Nice place to stay while in the Pudong area. We had our meetings in the hotel conference room and those were very nice as well. It is very easy to catch a taxi out in front of the hotel (which is not the case everywhere in Shanghai it seems) and the Concierge is very helpful with tips for when you want to venture out into the city to explore.

• Stayed: December 2013

Reviewed 11 December 2013

Stayed 5 nights in this hotel for business. Check in process was swift. Staff on average very friendly and helpfull (there are always a few execeptions but that was more down to language skills than something else). Do not expect a spectacular view (even on the high floors) but decent spacious rooms with fast internet that are very comfortable.
The bar in the hotel is pretty dull but food decent. The breakfast buffet is good.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Liu_Zong, General Manager at The Hongta Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time writing us this review.I'm delighted to acknowledge that you are almost satisefied with your stay at our hotel. We are in the process of planning renovations, including most of our areas across the hotel, which certainly will come along with a new bar.
Once again, thank you for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Just stayed here for one night and arrived quite late due to flight delay.
Check-in experience was very average and not quite pleasant. Front desk agents did not even look and looked like they are not interested in serving guests. I had to wait for couple of minutes to be greeted by agents when there was no body waiting to be served.

No personal greeting such as "how are you?". "how was the flight?" Quite surprising for a luxury collection hotel. It should be a top end property but did not see any positive things about staff during my stay. Just like a local independant hotel in China if you get to stay here...

Location is good but had trouble of getting here by taxi from the airport which can be quite common issue in China but it seemed that taxi drivers still call this hotel as an old trading name.
Very convenient to visit most of places in Pudong and it is safe to walk around even during the evening. I actually walked to oriental pearl tower while enjoying the coffee on the way. Room was very spacious and good value for money.

Woud I recommend people to stay? Yes, definetely if you are on business and staying outside most of times. Really good value for money for this room size and product and it was not too pricey at all compared to nearby hotels. If you are planning to do more in hotels, I would reconsider as there are plentiy of nice hotels in Shanghai!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank NamidA88
Liu_Zong, General Manager at The Hongta Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time writing us this review.I'm delighted to acknowledge that you are satisefied with our location and room facilities.We are very sorry that our check-in services failed your expectation. I will certainly pass your comments to them for a better service delivery. You may write to liu.zong@luxurycollection.com. Again, please accept my apologies and should you visit Shanghai in the future, do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will make sure you have a comfortable stay.

Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Hi stayed in all the srarwood hotel in Shanghai and I ve to say the best in pudong is Hongta former St Regis. This hotwl kept high level of St regis . So local area are top level. The swimming pool is so relaxing.
Price/quality much better than Sheraton Pudong. Besides the nearby area on walk distance is a little better than others in pudong.
I ate in Danieli and food and courtesy has been great

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Given the size of Shanghai, it is much easier to be close to your final destination and this hotel was not close to anywhere we went. Having said that, the hotel was nice (spacious rooms, good breakfast, reliable internet). I had an issue with my hairdryer and not a very good view but other than that, it was nice and doesn't look like a typical spg hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Not in a very prime location, and definately not beside the subway station (about 100-200 m away). In fact, this hotel is not within any commercial circle. Also, the elevator landing that I stayed on has a very stale smell in the air.

I had asked for "high floor and away from the elevators" during my online booking. Instead, upon reaching my room, I realized that I was assigned a very low floor and next to the elevators. I can understand if the hotel is highly occupied and the hotel can't meet my request. But the check-in staff should at least acknowledge my prior request on my booking form, and explain to me the reason for not acceding to it instead of ignoring it completely.

The only good thing about this hotel is that it is comparatively cheaper than other Starwood hotels in the city center.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HollandVBoy
Reviewed 4 October 2013

The Hongta is well located with the subway close by and is close to business locations in Pudong. The Executive Level service was sincere and helpful, the lounge had a good supply of food and beverages in the evening although most of the beverages were not on display. Danielis Restaurant was very good for dinner and breakfast. Rooms were well equipped, a little dated but all of the fittings were of high quality. Our view of the Shanghai skyline was great. Individual care and very professional staff, Ramos in the lounge was particularly helpful.

Room Tip: Executive Floor was good value.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Liu_Zong, General Manager at The Hongta Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a detail and generous review. I am delighted to acknowledge that you are satisefied with your stay at the Hongta Hotel.

Here, I would like to share this great news with you that the hotel is expecting a full-scale renovation in the near future and rooms are definately on the top list.I do hope that we could bring you a new experience after the project is completed.

Thank you again for your comment and we certainly look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.