“Nice hotel to stay when you visit Sanghai”

The Hongta Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai
Ranked #84 of 5,159 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel all together 4 days. It was good experience. Good location. Good service.
Comfortable bed. Excellent service. We rooms at executive floor. Executive lounge was comfortable. Breakfast buffet was on 39th floor. Most of the time we were out of the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mdo1942
Liu_Zong, General Manager at The Hongta Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us such a generous review. I am delighted to acknowledge that you are satisfied with your stay at our hotel. Your compliment is definitely a big source of motivation to the entire team.

Thank you again for your kindness and continuous support. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed for 8 nights on a business trip to Shanghai. The hotel is great. Older style but big rooms, excellent service and most of the staff speak pretty good english. The only downside is the location which is really out of the way. Taxis for what ever reason quite often don't seem keen to go there so sometimes it takes a bit of an effort to find a cab to go back to the hotel but that is not in anyway the hotels issue. I would definitely stay there again when I next go to Shanghai

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Liu_Zong, General Manager at The Hongta Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us such a generous review.I am delighted to acknowledge that you are satisfied with your stay at our hotel.It is a great honor for us to be your next stay in Shanghai. Your compliment is definitely a big source of motivation to the entire team.

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

I spent more than a week at the Hongta Hotel, overall a very good stay. Location is very convenient, with a lot of dining options nearby and several lines of metro available at walking distance. The room was clean, big, and comfortable, the bed and linens of superior quality. I enjoyed the view of the SWFC every morning and night. Breakfast and internet were free with the good rate I got. Breakfast has a great selection of food, all excellent. I made use of the swimming pool a few times, very clean and great for relaxing. The personnel is outstanding for courtesy and helpfulness. The downside is that the hotel started showing the sign of time. I was here in 2008 when it was the St. Regis and things were newer back then. Now carpets in corridors and room have faded colors, my room seemed to have a bit of old smoke smell, the gym has old equipment and old carpet, the locker rooms of the pool were so-so. Overall it was a very good stay. Some renovation would bring back the hotel to the top.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Liu_Zong, General Manager at The Hongta Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us review.I am delighted to acknowledge that you are overall satisefied with your stay at our hotel.

Here, I would like to share with you that we are in the process of planning renovations.I do hope you could enjoy this after the project is completed.

Thank you again for your kindness and support. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

The Hongta hotel is located in a very convenient part of Shanghai. Close to the convention center, one subway stop from great shopping. The best part, the hotel was wonderful. Nice upgrade, wonderful service. Be careful of the pool deck. It's concrete and very slippery.

• Stayed: May 2014
Liu_Zong, General Manager at The Hongta Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for your comment about pool deck which serves a good voice of customer and is the expectation that I can personally communicate to my team for a better service delivery.

Thank you again for your kindness and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

This a typical business hotel. The rooms are very spacious and well maintained, but everything looks a bit dated (style-wise, condition is good). Bathroom has a full sized bath tub and a separate shower. Appliances or ok, but below contemporary five star standard (e.g. Small TV, no coffee maker, no iPod docking station, but Bose radio). SPG gold members get free Wifi and free breakfast.
Location is a bit off - about half way between central Lujiazui and century park with not much outside.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Liu_Zong, General Manager at The Hongta Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for taking time to write us review.

I thank you for your comments about our room facilities which serves a good voice of customer. Please feel free to contact your personal butler for freshly brewed coffee, iPod docking station or any further assistance durning your stay and they will assure you a comfortable stay.Here, I would like to share with you that we are in the process of planning renovations, including most of our areas across the hotel, hope this will bring you new experience after the project completed.

Once again, thank you for your time and comments. We look forward to having you back again soon.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stayed at the Hongta Hotel in December 2012. it was cold in Shanghai, freezing actually, got in from the airport, room was spacious and clean, bathroom large with a bath tub and shower cubicle - impressive. but then ordered dinner in room. Food served warm but little to no flavor. The next evening ordered a rice based dish (forget the exact name) without shrimps.. well it came with shrimps and an overload of Soy sauce.. breakfast though was good on all days, the Bar was ok, service friendly enough.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for taking time to write us review. I am pleased to know that you are satisfied with our room facilities durning your stay in December 2012.

I am very sorry that the in room dining service failed your expection.I thank you for your comments which serves a good voice of customer and is the expectation that I can personally communciate to my team for a better service delivery. We are now in the process of updateing in room dining menus and hope you will enjoy the new dishes which will be availabe soon.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

This hotel isnt brand new and is a former St Regis (now under The Luxury Collection) but still kept its tradition of butler service. It is around 20-30 mins by cab from Nanjing Road. Furnitures are a little outdated but they maintain them pretty well.

I have to say this hotel has one of the most generous and nicest GM I ever came across. He kindly upgraded us (2 rooms) to huge suites almost 100sqm in size. The room has pretty large living room with sizeable working desk. Bedroom is also nice with large marble bathroom attached with walk in closet. It was my parent's 40th anniversary and on one evenign when we came back to the room we saw a nice piece of cake which was given to us by the hotel. It was nice gesture and we're grateful for that.

Breakfast for platinum SPG can either be taken at the lounge or main restaurant. Lounge has abit more vibrant feel to it but less foods selection. On a second day we had breakfast at a main restaurant at Lobby level. Foods're more in selection which feature everything what a standard hotel breakfast should be. Not the best breakfast I had but nevertheless it was adequate and filled all of us nicely.

The Hongta will be my no.1 choice should I be back in Shanghai again no doubt. Again location wise, its not the best out there but for hospitality and especially how nice the GM, Mr.Zong Liu had been treated us (he even came up to greet us at the lounge on a Saturday morning during breakfast which I assume is his day off) is something worth mentioning.

Thank you again for making our stay a memorable one.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Liu_Zong, General Manager at The Hongta Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a detailed and generous review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and will certainly pass your kind words to the other departments.

Thank you again for your comment and we certainly look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.