The Hongta Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai
Ranked #71 of 5,102 Hotels in Shanghai
“Again a pleasure”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

My second stay in this hotel and I'll definitely come back for a third time. Kind staff, good infrastructure and nice restaurant/bar.
It just takes a few minutes to the next subway station from that you can reach the city centre for 3 RMB within minutes.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Liu_Zong, General Manager at The Hongta Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us such a generous review. I am delighted to acknowledge that you are satisfied with your stay at our hotel and would like to choose us again.

Thank you again for your kindness and continuous support. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Liu Zong

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Houston
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The hotel is about 5 min walk to a nearby subway station so it's convenient for travelers who prefer public transportation. Room is very large and super swanky with mahogany panel and doors. A mix of old world and contemporary design give guess a sense of coziness. Staffs were helpful but not truly friendly as you would expect from a luxury collection hotel! The breakfast at the executive floor was sumptuous and delicious with fresh produce. Next door to the hotel is a truly upscale but reasonable Shanghai cuisine restaurant.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nathantran
Liu_Zong, General Manager at The Hongta Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for taking time to write us review. I am pleased to know that you are alomost satisfied with your stay at our hotel.

Rebuilding a young and energetic team with an attitude of going extra miles to assist the guests is our number one priority of hotel operation. I thank you for your comments, which serves a good voice of customer and is the expectation that I can personally communciate to my team for a better service delivery.

Once again, thank you for your time and comments. We look forward to having you back again soon.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

It is indeed a luxury hotel, with the best point being the size of the rooms. I think the only thing that kept me away from a 5 is the hospitality. But I guess after visiting so many hotels in india the bar is high up.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Liu_Zong, General Manager at The Hongta Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us such a generous review. I am delighted to acknowledge that you are satisfied with your stay at our hotel. Your compliment is definitely a big source of motivation to the entire team.

Thank you again for your kindness. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Aventura, Florida
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel all together 4 days. It was good experience. Good location. Good service.
Comfortable bed. Excellent service. We rooms at executive floor. Executive lounge was comfortable. Breakfast buffet was on 39th floor. Most of the time we were out of the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mdo1942

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed for 8 nights on a business trip to Shanghai. The hotel is great. Older style but big rooms, excellent service and most of the staff speak pretty good english. The only downside is the location which is really out of the way. Taxis for what ever reason quite often don't seem keen to go there so sometimes it takes a bit of an effort to find a cab to go back to the hotel but that is not in anyway the hotels issue. I would definitely stay there again when I next go to Shanghai

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Liu_Zong, General Manager at The Hongta Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us such a generous review.I am delighted to acknowledge that you are satisfied with your stay at our hotel.It is a great honor for us to be your next stay in Shanghai. Your compliment is definitely a big source of motivation to the entire team.

Manlius, New York
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

I spent more than a week at the Hongta Hotel, overall a very good stay. Location is very convenient, with a lot of dining options nearby and several lines of metro available at walking distance. The room was clean, big, and comfortable, the bed and linens of superior quality. I enjoyed the view of the SWFC every morning and night. Breakfast and internet were free with the good rate I got. Breakfast has a great selection of food, all excellent. I made use of the swimming pool a few times, very clean and great for relaxing. The personnel is outstanding for courtesy and helpfulness. The downside is that the hotel started showing the sign of time. I was here in 2008 when it was the St. Regis and things were newer back then. Now carpets in corridors and room have faded colors, my room seemed to have a bit of old smoke smell, the gym has old equipment and old carpet, the locker rooms of the pool were so-so. Overall it was a very good stay. Some renovation would bring back the hotel to the top.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Liu_Zong, General Manager at The Hongta Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us review.I am delighted to acknowledge that you are overall satisefied with your stay at our hotel.

Here, I would like to share with you that we are in the process of planning renovations.I do hope you could enjoy this after the project is completed.

Thank you again for your kindness and support. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

The Hongta hotel is located in a very convenient part of Shanghai. Close to the convention center, one subway stop from great shopping. The best part, the hotel was wonderful. Nice upgrade, wonderful service. Be careful of the pool deck. It's concrete and very slippery.

• Stayed May 2014
Liu_Zong, General Manager at The Hongta Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for your comment about pool deck which serves a good voice of customer and is the expectation that I can personally communicate to my team for a better service delivery.

Thank you again for your kindness and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.