“Typically Excellent Four Seasons”

Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai
Ranked #23 of 5,146 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed 1 November 2011

This is a typically excellent Four Seasons Hotel, with excellent rooms, excellent service, and excellent facilities. The location is very near downtown on the Puxi side of the river and in walking distance to most places that people visit and do business in that part of town. The pool is also very nice.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
FourSeasons_Shanghai, Manager in Training at Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2011

We are so happy that you enjoyed stay with us. Sincerely look forward to welcoming you back. Should you have any questions and concerns, please contact us directly through pr.shg@fourseasons.com

Reviewed 27 October 2011

Business trip so only used room and breakfast. Both very good. Bed very comfortable. Separate walk-in shower. Very good service.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 16 October 2011

Competition for best hotel in Shanghai is tough and at amazing levels, and the Four Season has a good shot at it, adding top level service to fine facilities.

After using hotel's limo car transfer from the airport, I was greeted by name at the reception and formalities were over in one minute. In the room, as it was early morning, a freshly squeezed orange juice and a couple of fresh pastries were waiting for me. Great staff performance went on throughout my stay.

Room is not large, with very comfy king size bed and full sized marble bathroom. Top toiletries (L'Occitane etc) and bathrobe.

Great fitness centre with a 20m indoor pool that made me want to resume my swimming, spacious relax areas, and great changing and dressing area, great to drop by if you check out in the morning but actually only leave in the evening like I did. All with the staff support that you'd expect.

Downsides? As I said, room size is not huge, and then the breakfast choice while large and good quality, is not at the level of, for example, the Shanghai Shangri La.

Great value for money in my case thanks to a competitive corporate rate. Definitely one of the places to stay in Shanghai.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Roberto_NW_Italy
FourSeasons_Shanghai, Public Relations at Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2011

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for liking our limo service, room, bathroom and its amenity and fitness center.We will strive to continuously enhance guest dining experience and exceed guest expectation. Sincerely look forward to welcoming you back. Should you have any questions and concerns, please contact us directly through pr.shg@fourseasons.com

Reviewed 16 October 2011

I have just returned from a three night stay at the Four Seasons. Although I was a little dubious at first regarding the location, everything you need is accessible and within walking distance. The hotel really is of a good standard. Staff are fairly friendly, breakfast was ok and the two rooms we had were aways well serviced and had the larger bathrooms that the four seasons are famous for. The rooms, however, were a little dated... the surface of the bathtub was yellow and wallpaper was beginning to peel in the bathroom. The beds were very comfortable and on the occasions that I required assistance, a member of staff was able to come to my room very quickly. I had to ask for an iron and ironing board as these were not provided in the room. I had room service twice which was fine, and dined downstairs on one occasion which I would really recommend. Having stayed at other Four Seasons, perhaps it did not quite meet my expectations in terms of the usual quality associated with the brand as the staff lacked that extra friendliness but overall I was still happy with my stay and might consider returning, at least to the restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank kawaiitraveller
Reviewed 5 October 2011

If you're going to Shanghai this is the place to stay. Great location, very nice accomodations with very friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 October 2011

I always book this hotel for my Shanghai business trips. The service at the Four Seasons is very good and the restaurants at the hotel are excellent. The rooms are average sized, the beds are comfortable, and it is has a large bathroom. The hotel is situated in a good and save area. However going the Bund or Nanjing Road requires to take a taxi.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 September 2011

We had our wedding banquet at that hotel and everything was organised and executed well and our expectations were exceeded. We have stayed in more than 60 luxury hotels worldwide over the last seven years so we know what we are talking about. Thanks to John from the Event Sales team, thanks to the door man, Troy and the service team, chef and everyone else involved!

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank tfrogk
FourSeasons_Shanghai, Public Relations Executive at Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2011

We are so happy that you enjoyed your wedding function and your stay. Appreciate your special recognition on John from event, the door man, Troy and the service team and chef. We will strive to maintain our best service and facilities to exceed guest expectation. Sincerely look forward to welcoming you back. Should you have any questions and concerns, please contact us directly through pr.shg@fourseasons.com