Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai
US$245
US$186
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
The Kunlun Jing An(Shanghai)
US$175
US$295
US$240
  • Restaurant
1,277 results
All reviewsbusiness tripbreakfast buffetroom servicelobby loungechinese restaurantluxury hotelconcierge staffexcellent staygreat roomf bhotel roomindoor poolexcellent hotelcentral locationgrand hyattrooms are largenanjing road
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Had a really great 2 night stay here at the end of a two week trip in Hong Kong and visiting various cities around China. It was perfect for us - great transport links and away from the hustle and bustle of the City/Bund but not too far! Breakfast was great, every member of staff we came across could not be more helpful. LOVED the lobby bar for a late evening drink complmented by a guy who played the piano. Would def choose to stay here again if we come back to Shanghai.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
FourSeasons_Shanghai, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2012

Thank you very much for your comments and feedback . We are delighted that you enjoyed your room and drinking experiences at Lobby Lounge. Please kindly note for your next visit "Downtown Sparkling Friday" is available at Lobby Lounge. You could enjoy 50% off a selection of bottled Champagne and fun snacks. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Four Seasons Shanghai very soon.

Reviewed 12 June 2012

I stayed there for a night for business. The room rate was RMB2,100 + tax. The hotel is not huge in today's standard. Decoration at lobby and room looks rather ordinary in my view and actually not too much off (in terms of deco) than the locally managed 4 stars hotels. I would only rate this hotel 4 stars at most.

Breakfast selection isn't great either.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 June 2012

For a five star hotel the experience was mediocre, not terrible. There were irritants - e.g. being put into a smoking room when I'd specifically requested a non-smoking one. (If it was non-smoking, the previous occupant had definitely smoked before leaving.) The room size is pretty small for that tier, relative to the newer competition. As I'd just gotten off a 15 hour flight I was way too tired to get pissed off about the "aroma" in my room.

Plus, on the last night of my stay, when I called the front desk to ask where a condom was in the room (since apparently they don't have condoms in the hotel rooms.) I was offered a single condom (a crap condom by the way) for 45 RMB, cash only.

What's "lame" in Chinese?

It's not like you will arrive to a blood-stained mattress when you're shown to your room, but pretty much every 5 star experience I've ever had (esp in China) beats this one ...

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank SKIN f
FourSeasons_Shanghai, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

Thank you for your valuable feedback and comment. We will think over your advice carefully. We wish you a pleasant stay and look forward to provide you with the usual level of Four Seasons service during your next time in Shanghai.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

Rooms on 15/F:
Spent two nights here. Nice lobby. Lots of staff to help check-in quickly. Spacious room with everything which I need. Great L'occitane bathing items. Extremely smooth bed linens so that I can very high quality sleeps. Good turn-down service. Guaranteed late check-in at 2pm so that I can have lunch at the hotel before I leave. But there are quite a number of smokers in the lobby which can be quite irritating.

Buffet breakfast at Cafe Studio G/F:
Excellent services. Fresh food. Lots of choices - Western and Chinese. I particularly love the salad bar, fresh orange juice and breakfast tea.

Dim sum lunch buffet at Si Ji Xuan 2/F:
Excellent services as usual. Nice eating utensils (jade). Nice environment. Excellent dim sum, tea and fruits. But the tables are a bit packed. Four Seasons Style Shrimp Dumpling is beautiful and tasty. Very worth the cost. Just RMB128 + 15% service charge. Cannot eat such great food at this reasonable price anywhere in Shanghai.

But for location:
Not too good. Around 10 minutes' walk from West Nanjing Road Metro Station (probably partly due to the large construction site near Four Seasons Shanghai Puxi). Despite the construction site, we cannot hear any noise inside the room. There are numerous eateries in In-Point and West Nanjing Road. Quite convenient.

Look forward to the opening of Four Seasons Pudong on 1 September this year! Love to come again!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ACPY12345
FourSeasons_Shanghai, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2012

Thank you very much for your comments and feedback . We are delighted that you enjoyed your room and dining experiences at Si Ji Xuan and Café Studio, but please accept our apologies for the discomfort experienced due to the smoking in the lobby lounge. We are working diligently to address the issue to ensure the comfort of all of our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to Shanghai very soon!

Reviewed 29 May 2012

This is a first class hotel, made that way through the service, professionalism, attentivenss and obvious passion of the staff. Well done.

Room Tip: I have stayed at the Four Seasons on three separate occassions and can honestly say I have never had a bad room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Ron F
FourSeasons_Shanghai, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Thank you for sharing your feedback and comments. We are delighted that you had such positive experiences with us.We look forward to being of service to you again soon.