“Good for Business Stay”

Ranked #26 of 5,032 Hotels in Shanghai
London, United Kingdom
“Good for Business Stay”
Reviewed 14 December 2012

This hotel is great for a short business stay. The rooms are large, clean and comfortable with very little outside noise disturbance which was great. We also ate in the main Chinese restaurant and the food was great, the service very attentive and although there wasn't much ambience I think this was because it was a Tuesday evening and the restaurant was relatively quite.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Plano, Texas
Reviewed 12 December 2012

After arriving late in Shanghai, the executive club lounge accommodated my late arrival beautifully. Extremely courteous and made sure I had everything I need. Much better service from 1 month prior.

The hotel has been freshening up some of the interiors so it doesn't seem as dated.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 11 December 2012

The hotel is lovely and comfortable and definitely a five star property. The bed is very comfortable and the bed linen is high quality. The bedroom was very spacious, king size bed, comfortable lounge chair with ottoman, usual writing desk and well equipped with power points etc. The bathroom was well laid out, generous space, good lighting (not natural), with a separate shower and bath. The bath is lovely and deep, great for a good luxurious soak. Room was very quiet, and I had very restful sleep. Housekeeping offer a turn down service and will happily restock your bathroom toiletries.

I ate breakfast in the hotel restaurant, excellent selection of food, both Western and Asian, a good way to start the day. During my stay I also ordered room service dinner and breakfast (to try it out), and it was delivered in a timely manner, everything was hot, and just like the restaurant breakfast, delicious.

All the staff I came into contact with during my stay, were very professional and friendly, happy to assist.

Looking on a map the hotel might seem some distance from the business district and to sightseeing hot spots, but keep in mind that taxis are incredibly cheap in Shanghai. An example would be approx 15CNY to get from the hotel to the Bund. Be prepared for an exhilarating ride...it's great! Hotel will write down any address you require and make sure you are set on your way.

A great hotel. A great city.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 5 December 2012

It was a great stay on a great hotel. Better, on my opinion, than hyatt or shangril.la because of the good situation near center and comercial streets. Also you have metro station walking five minutes from lobby. I was on a business trip but i booked a room there just for visiting city on weekend.

Totally recommended.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
FourSeasons_Shanghai, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai, responded to this review, 7 December 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay at the Four Seasons Shanghai on TripAdvisor. We are so delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and happy about its great location during your business trip.

We would like to recommend you some authentic activities for your next stay at our hotel.

There's nothing more Shanghai than brand spanking new commerce blooming in old lanes. The former French Concession is just steps away from our hotel and with many shops that sell silver jewelery, traditional handicrafts, clothes, antiques, art, tea and T-shirts with Chinese iconography. You can easily spend a whole day there, getting lost among the weaving side streets, ducking the photographers who stage regular fashion shoots among the area's quaint old houses. Furthermore, you will find it extremely fun to explore that area with a simple bicycle.

We truly value your loyalty and can’t wait to welcome you back, hopefully very soon!

Sincerely yours,

Public Relations Department
Martorell, Spain
Reviewed 28 November 2012

We stayed at the hotel during four nights in a businees tryp. The hotel offers all that we need for a pleasant stay.

service was to kind and professional.

Great fitness area and swimmng pool to relax after a hard journey ow meetings!

Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
FourSeasons_Shanghai, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai, responded to this review, 29 November 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so kindly for posting your review of your recent stay at the Four Seasons Shanghai on TripAdvisor. We are so delighted to read that we were able to accommodate you with our beautiful Spa and that you truly enjoyed it.

We will look forward to welcoming you back when your travels next bring you to Shanghai either on business or pleasure.

Public Relations Department
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Good overall impression of a hotel. I did expect a little more comfort and level of service from Four Seasons name but I guess it has its local nuances. Food was OK (not great), bathrobes kind of wornout, room service is not the quickest. And, with everything, I was reminded I was in China. Price vs. quality is avegare, and this is how I would rate the hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
FourSeasons_Shanghai, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai, responded to this review, 18 November 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay at the Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai. We are committed to providing the highest level of service to all of our guests and based upon your feedback we did not demonstrate this and I sincerely apologize for the shortcomings you encountered while visiting our property. We look forward to provide you with the usual level of Four Seasons service during your next time in Shanghai.
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed 8 November 2012

Visiting China was my family's most memorable event of the year I must say. We decided not book any tours what so ever since my daughter wanted to stay within Four Seasons Hotel area however we managed to travel some historical sits and other interesting things welcomed us. We checked in Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai and everything was very good from our room to swimming pool to state of art changing room with beautiful powder room, sauna, steam room, some sort of relaxing room. Food was good. Chinese buffets and Western Buffets are available everyday. Unfortunately, when I discovered that guests can smoke anywhere I mean anywhere inside washroom, lobby lounge, elevator. Yet this is Four Seasons and I am sure it is 5 star hotel.. Hope I do not need to smell or see smokers next time I visit.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
FourSeasons_Shanghai, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai, responded to this review, 9 November 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so kindly for posting your review of your recent stay at the Four Seasons Shanghai on TripAdvisor. We are so delighted to read that we were able to accommodate you and your family with the right kind of room and that you truly enjoyed it.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the discomfort experienced due to the smoking in the hotel. We are working diligently to address the issue to ensure the comfort of all of our guests and will continue to work with the relevant local authorities as the regulations evolve.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Four Seasons Shanghai very soon!