“Una buona scelta a Shanghai” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai

Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai
Ranked #24 of 4,969 Hotels in Shanghai
Turin, Italy
“Una buona scelta a Shanghai”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

This is the first time that I went to the Four Seasons in Shanghai as usually I went to other hotels. I must say that I was satisfied for both the room and breakfast. Rooms are wide and well furnished. The buffet breakfast shows a wide choice at level of the best international hotels. I did not have time to see the jim so cannot comment on this. Personnel very polite in all situations.

Room Tip: Take a room far from the elevators
1 Thank Giovanni L
FourSeasons_Shanghai, Assistant Director of Public Relations at Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking a moment to share this wonderful feedback from your recent business stay with us! We’re delighted to hear that you were satisfied with the service, rooms, and staffs. As our hotel is located in the central area of Puxi, it provides great convenience to our guests. We’re also excited to share with you that, right near our hotel is the traditional Shanghainese lane house – Shikumen building complex, we believe you’ll explore a lot of fun there.
We’ll definitely convey your compliments to the related departments and looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Yours Sincerely,
Assistant Director of Public Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I was there for SIFF, and I did not even really care about the festival since the hotel was just a perfection by excellence, then I met my current fiance at a bar called M2, so we went to the hotel and never left,
BUT please pardon us if our visas crashe sometimes.
And the fees are kind of up high leveled but if worths
Talk to strangers and buy stuff there, they have really swell goodies,
Voila

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

We had a beautiful room that was clean and well appointed. The service was excellent in the club lounge as well as the wonderful main dining area. The lobby is quite beautiful and has ambiance galore with gifted pianists and violinists playing for happy hour. This hotel's location is fantastic, centrally located in this humongous city.This was my second visit to this hotel and my husband's 20th. Every time, he enjoys being in Shanghai and says it is still the best place to be and I agree!
We will stay there again most definitely!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FourSeasons_Shanghai, Assistant Director of Public Relations at Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai and sharing your valuable comment. We’re glad to know that you loved our convenient location and friendly service. Our staffs always pride themselves on being personal and helpful in every way possible! We also love hearing that “it is still the best place to be”. This is what our team strives for. We have passed on your review to the team and happy they made you feel like this!
Thank you again for your wonderful comment and looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

St. Helena, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on 6 occasions over the last year and conducted 3 separate complex events. All beautifully done and very fairly priced. It is not the newest Four Seasons in Shanghai but still lovely and my colleagues and I agreed that with service like this we would be crazy to go anywhere else.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for this wonderful review. We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed the complex events with us successfully! Your compliments have been conveyed to related department for future progress. As the first Four Seasons Hotel in China, we always focus on the world class service. Your comment of “with service like this we would be crazy to anywhere else” is the best reward to our unremitting efforts!
Looking forward to welcoming you in the near future!
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stayed here for three nights with three colleagues last week. I was disappointed in this hotel in so many respects. The rooms were really dated and cramped. Not what I would have expected from. Four seasons hotel.

We were completely over charged for meeting room facilities which were the worst I have ever come across in many years of travelling on business, tiny rooms, smelled damp. I contacted several managers to voice my concerns and customer service was non-existent.

To make things worse my room was double charged with various breakfast items for which no signed receipt was provided. It has taken me two weeks to get any communication on the matter from the hotel a management.

Extremely disappointed- will not be returning to the hotel and will be moving our corporate account elsewhere for our stays in shanghai.

1 Thank nh1002014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken time to review your experience with us and we first of all apologize for the inconveniences caused.

We have taken note of your preference for a different look to our guest rooms and are happy to report that we are in the midst of finalizing a new design for rooms and function spaces. We are also sorry to read that the meeting space in our Business Center was inadequate and we regret that no larger rooms were available during your visit.

We apologize again for the inconveniences caused and do hope that we will be able to restore your faith in us on a future visit to our city.

Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

was recommended by a business associate to stay here when I visited shanghai for work. the hotel wrote to me before I arrived to inform me that they will not guarantee early check in, so if I were to expect early check in, please reserve an additional night. I replied to say not necessary and requested connecting rooms for convenience. Few days later, I hadn't receive a reply so the day before I travelled, I called the hotel to confirm this. they confirmed so.
the next day when I checked in, I realized the bookings were not linked. so I reminded them about the connecting rooms and they insisted there only prepared adjacent rooms and proceeded to explain the difference between connecting and adjacent rooms. I explained to them about my email and then the confirmation phone call but they kept insisting that I had only requested adjacent rooms. I gave up arguing with them and just took whatever they assigned. subsequent the duty manager sent a box of chocolates up to my room. I appreciate the gesture but the whole check in was just unpleasant.
went to the coffee house for a takeaway coffee the next morning and was met with really rude service by the waitress. who glared and frowned at me for ordering a double espresso and then marched away.
overall, not what I would expect from a four seasons. completely disappointing.
also the hotel is really old and the rooms not very well maintained. my room smelled damp and old.

2 Thank damask_rose
FourSeasons_Shanghai, Director of Marketing at Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your time and feedback on your last visit. We are fortunate that we received your comments directly to our hotel management, with actions being taken for review and improvement.

With our renewed apologies for the room type confusion and inconveniences caused.

With best regards,

Anthony Yeung
Director of Marketing
Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Excellent hotel in a very central location. Good meeting location with local fellows with bar and restaurants area. Stayed four nights and could make use of the central location to get to the most exiting places in Shanghai. At my next trip to Shanghai I will stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Gerhard L
FourSeasons_Shanghai, Dear Guest, Thank you for taking a moment to write your experience at Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai. We’re delighted to h at Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking a moment to write your experience at Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai. We’re delighted to hear that your business trip was a success and that you also enjoyed our convenient location in central Puxi. We’ll be sure to pass along your compliments to our staff members.
Whether for business or pleasure, we hope you’ll visit us again soon.