US$171
US$406
US$233
SmithHotels.com
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$306/night.

US$181
US$134
  • Breakfast included
US$260
US$210
  • Restaurant
US$152
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$171/night.

US$144
US$239
US$394
US$257
2,092 results
All reviewsdin tai fungthe club loungehigh end shoppingnanjing roadbusiness tripbit datedluxury hoteljing'an templeexcellent hotelbreakfast buffethotel is locateddumplingsfitness centerfrench concessionshopping mallbusiness hotelsubway station
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Been staying here since I was a kid. this hotel may be old but my stays here are still wonderful today thanks to the great service. The club lounge team is absolutely great - very kind and attentive, and I would like to express my sincere gratitude to Peggy for her warm hospitality.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank James Q
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My first time to mainland China
First I was very concerned about a 30 hour round trip flight to Shanghai, of course we have to factor in that this is my first time visiting a communist country to do business. Man let me tell you this was one of the greatest experience's I have every had in my life. The city is way more modern then most cities in America, the people are very friendly yet very professional. the sites will take your breath, the food is like no other don't even try to compare to Chinese food in America. I was so overwhelmed I went three times in one year and took my 26 year old son with twice

Ronnie

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Ronnie_W216
Ritz_Carlton_SH, Manager at The Portman Ritz-Carlton, Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Ronnie_W216,

On behalf of the Ladies and Gentlemen in our hotel, we would like to thank you for choosing The Portman Ritz-Carlton Shanghai and spending the time to share your wonderful feedback with us.

We are delighted to know that the genuine care and personalized service provided by our Ladies and Gentlemen made your first trip to mainland China a comfortable one. At The Ritz-Carlton, we pledge to provide the finest personal service and facilities for all of our guests to enjoy a warm, relaxed yet refined ambiance.

Once again, thank you for your continuous support and we look forward to welcoming you back at The Portman Ritz-Carlton, Shanghai soon. If I can be of any assistance with your future reservations, please contact me directly at Gloria.chen@ritzcarlton.com as I would be more than happy to assist.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a typical Ritz for service and style. The rooms are a little dated but very well appointed. The location is very good and is walking distance to “watch street” where you will find a plethora of Swiss watch retailers. Cab rides from here to the main attractions are no more than 10 minutes. Traffic can get quite heavy in shanghai during peak times and this can easily double. The pool in this hotel is Olympic size and the gym is enormous offering an excellent assortment of equipment and amenities. Breakfast buffet is excellent with a wide selection of eastern and western dishes. Espresso maker in room is a nice touch in the morning. I used the laundry service which was fast and very affordable compared to other hotels of this class. 9 items including a business suit was $35US. Concierge was helpful in recommending tourist attractions and areas to visit. Be sure to take a few hotel cards with you to show the cab drivers where your hotel is as English is not commonly spoken by the cabbies. Overall excellent choice. A special thank you to the cleaning staff who do an excellent job and offer turn down service every night. Bathroom amenities are first rate. Wi-if is hi speed. The breakfast selection is excellent and ranks among the best offering eastern and western dishes with an excellent selection of fresh fruits and juices, hot tables and omelette station. Go early (before 8:30 a.m.) as line ups are frequent and long.

Room Tip: Be sure to book 1 bedroom premier suite.
Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Aldo B

Dear Aldo B,

We are delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay with us. At The Ritz-Carlton, we pledge to provide the finest personal service and facilities for all of our guests to enjoy a warm, relaxed yet refined ambiance.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

It was my first business trip to Shanghai and Portman Ritz Carlton was chosen for its excellent location: 5mins walk to the local office.

Everything seemed perfect, the room was a bit old though. It was really exciting to know that my package includes access to executive lounge and I decided to give it a shot.

The lounge manager STEVEN had been of great help to me: when he learned that it was my first time in Shanghai, he offered me a thorough introduction to Shanghai, from history to attractions. Other staffs had been nice and friendly. The lounge was quiet and clean, with a wonderful city Skyline view. And the afternoon tea, was just splendid! Outscoring any other hotel that I've stayed at.

STEVEN escorted back to room and made sure I'd got everything I needed, really appreciated it!

It had been such a wonderful stay at Portman Ritz Carlton, and yes! I definitely, and highly recommend it!

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank simonewang1979

Dear simonewang1979,

We are delighted to know that you had an amazing stay with us, and the genuine care provided by our Steven made your stay memorable. At The Ritz-Carlton, we pledge to provide the finest personal service and facilities for all of our guests to enjoy a warm, relaxed yet refined ambiance.

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

This is an amazing hotel, with top-end standards. I stayed 2 weeks for a business trip and I could not find a single point to complain. Starting with the check-in directly in the room, with a very kind, polite and competent employee. I had an amazing room at 38th floor with a stunning view. The room was big, very well clean, spacious and with all the possible comforts. The breakfast serves an amazing choice of food, both western and eastern. Of course prices are matching such level of comfort and luxury. But it’s really worth.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Francesco G
Ritz_Carlton_SH, Manager at The Portman Ritz-Carlton, Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Francesco G,