US$172
US$408
US$234
SmithHotels.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$269/night.

US$262
US$229
US$122
InterContinental
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$140/night.

2,593 results
All reviewsthe jin mao towercloud bargrand cafepiano bartallest hotelhotel startsifc mallthe pearlthe financial districtan amazing hotelriver viewthe club loungepuxi sideacross the riverluxury hoteltop floorbusiness trip
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Beautiful modern hotel that really offers some fantastic views of Shanghai (when the smog allows it). The hotel also had great facilties, a very nice pool and was a perfect location for my business needs.

My room was spacious and clean, and the bed was one of the best I have experienced in a hotel for a long time. A great view of the Bund as well.

The Execuitve Lounge was nice, although I didn't get much value for money from it. I found the breakfast options to be a bit limited in there, and as such, I started going to the main restaurant for breakfast (which had a much better selection). I also didn't like that they only serve alcoholic drinks between 5pm-8pm.

Overall a very pleasant experience and I enjoyed my stay.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I've stayed here a few times, but it is still a very special hotel, great service, excellent food and amazing views. The rooms are pretty new (at least the one I stayed at), and very well done with the signature amazing views. I have always fund the service here excellent, and people very friendly. Breakfast can get very busy, but even when there is a queue, I have found that it goes very quickly and doesn't take long. The breakfast itself is excellent 5 star quality and a great start to the day. I attended some meetings at the hotel which were very well organised, and with a very good lunch buffet set up. Probably my favorite hotel in Shanghai still.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

We had a lovely (short) stay here, with all those friendly people around, always ready to help.

And the hotel is gorgeous; nice room with a splendid view (floor 58) and an elegant bathroom,
the swimming pool is great and spa space is just lovely - although I found their treatments less impressive.
The breakfast was good - maybe a bit on the boring side.
Did not try all restaurants inside - just one day lunch and another day dinner - both less than I expected giving the luxurious location.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2014

There are five star hotels and there are five star hotel experiences! The GH Shanghai is an eclectic hotel experience which you have to experience to appreciate the difference between the 2. I stayed here for 3 nights last week and here's my 2 bits -

1) I got a room at USD 210 per night inclusive of taxes but not including breakfast. Breakfast was an expensive USD 50 per person which means USD 100 added to the overall cost for 2 people if purchased on site but there was a similar rate applicable at the Westin so that seems to be the average going rate in Shanghai for breakfast at a 5 star.
2) The check in is on the 54th floor - a smooth 10 second ride from the bottom of the Jinmao Tower. Thereafter you take an internal elevator to your room which will be higher than that. I was upgraded to a Bund facing room which had outstanding and memorable views. The bed was comfortable and I got good sleep.
3) Overall - great staff - always forthcoming, greeting us and very helpful. I found all the executives - front desk, concierge, housekeeping, the friendly taxi guys - to be a notch above average - so far me the soft product (human service level) is always more important that than the hard product (the room, decor, etc). Great training - kudos to the management for this!

Cons
1) I found the room to be partly bare missing the fine accessories of a great hotel room. Besides this no complaints regarding the hotel room at all.
2) Expensive and ordinary food at Cucina - the Italian restaurant at the GH.
3) GH is on the Pudong side and all the tourist action is at Puxi - Xintiandi, the Bund, French Concession, Nanjing Lu, the acrobat shows etc - its just a short 20 - 30 RMB/15 - 20 mins taxi ride away but none the less you have to cross the Bund for it.

Other important points
1) 2 malls right next door - IFC Mall which is a high end mall which could cater to your high end shopping and dining experiences. We chose to eat breakfast at Baker and Spice here - a high end bakery and cafe where we were able to get by on a good breakfast to start our day (eggs to order, croissants and multigrain bread, yogurt, granola and fresh fruits, fresh orange juice, coffee and hot chocolate) at USD 20 per head. We also ate open air seating at Simply Thai here. The other mall is the Superbrand Mall which is a more mass market oriented brand mall for shopping and f&b (Zara, Uniqlo, Toys R Us, C&A etc)
2) Jin Mao Tower has a public observatory to see the views which is open to the public. Hotel guests don't have free access to it and have to pay if you're not already satisfied with the views you get from the different parts of the hotel and your room.
3) Taxis are metered, plentiful and are efficiently hailed by the staff at the entrance to the hotel.
4) Theres a riverside promenade which is a 5 minute walk from the hotel which overlooks the Bund - to me this was the best view of the city and you must do this walk when there.

All in all - this hotel must be one to do for the experiences. Do it alone or with someone special!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank abhy
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I loved staying at this hotel. All personnel was friendly and helpful and I had no issues at all. On check out I left my bags at the hotel (level 54) until the evening and pick was easy and quick on the ground floor.

My room was very nice with a gorgeous view over the city and the river. It was also clean and the bed and pillows very comfortable (a lot better than the Hyatt in Hangzhou). I especially liked the bathroom, which has a really nice bath and separate shower. The toilet was separated by a door, which was nice.

Wifi also worked well and is free of charge.

Location of this hotel is very good. You can easily walk to the river side and to the metro station. Plenty of restaurants and shops near it too.