Fairmont Peace Hotel
US$125
US$98
US$351
2,245 results
All reviewsjazz barcathay roomgold loungethe dragonjasmine loungeart decophoenix restauranticonic hotelhigh teananjing roadwalk in closetacross the riverdressing roomfabulous hotelpudong skylinethe ground floorspecial thanks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Stayed for 5 nights and we were very impressed with the hotel. High attention to details in the decor, clean and new rooms, nice exercise and spa department. The Jazz Club is also worth a visit. Good value for money and excellent location.
The Cathay Room restaurant has good food, and just as beautiful veiw as other more expensive restaurants at the Bund.

Room Tip: If deluxe room, skip the view, it is not of the Bund anyway.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2011

I stayed there with my family for a week. Everyone thought everything about this hotel was excellent. We thought it was better than the royal meridian and st. Regis. I highly recommend the peace hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011
Kamal_Nammani, General Manager at Fairmont Peace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am very pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I hope we get the chance to welcome you back again one day soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2011

My girlfriend, friend and I stayed at the Fairmont for a night back in May. The Fairmont is a lovely hotel, the staff are all very attentive and polite, and will help you out in any way they can. For such a nice hotel, we also got a pretty low rate, so we were very pleased.
The high tea was excellent, and I highly recommend it. However, everything was very, very rich, so if you're having stomach problems it might not be the best course of action.
The room was spacious and beautiful, and indeed the entire hotel had lovely flower arrangements and smelled wonderful. The exercise room, spa, and pool were also very nice, even though we didn't get the chance to use them.
The only problem I had with the stay was that the wi-fi Internet was not free. It may seem like a trivial issue, and I understand high-end hotels often hide small charges here and there, but not having free wi-fi just doesn't sit right with me. In this day and age, when Internet is everywhere, it's just ridiculous. We stayed at budget hostels all throughout China that had free wifi, and for a high-class hotel not to have it just left a bad taste in my mouth.
Other than that, an excellent place to stay in Shanghai.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I was delighted to see that overall you enjoyed the hotel, the service and all the amenities we have to offer; however, I did note your comment on the internet and I appreciate your view on that. I do apologize that our team did not assist you with this matter as some of our room categories do include complimentary internet. As well, members of our loyalty program, Fairmont President’s Club receive complimentary internet as well. And sign up is quick, free and easy!
I hope that during your next stay with us we can assist you with this and ensure that your stay is flawless.

Reviewed 3 August 2011

This is the third time in one year that I have stayed at Fairmont Peace Hotel in the Bund district of Shanghai. It is true there was a learning curve from the reopening until now. The staff is receiving the proper training and service is a priority with everyone working at the Peace hotel. If you want a great hotel near to the downtown action and the water front the Peace is the place for you to stay at.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I was very pleased to note your comments on our service. This is especially comforting coming from a ‘regular’ guest! I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future!

Reviewed 2 August 2011

Traditional, spacious, beautiful suites with charming modern touches. Bathroom extraordinaire! Well-trained but somewhat silent staff, perhaps due to language insecurities, but their English beat my Mandarin hands down! Excellent location on the Bund. Dining was a treat, with many options and consistently fine food.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business