“A good comfortable Hotel”

Ranked #94 of 4,998 Hotels in Shanghai
melbourne
“A good comfortable Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

Have stayed in this hotel many times over the years. the last time wasnt so good but this time much better. Stayed on the club floor. Rooms clean and comfortable and club lounge quiet and relaxing after a long day. The new subway system means getting to the hotel from either airport is quite easy and convenient. Would be my first choice again for visiting Shanghai on Business.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Marta V, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Shanghai, responded to this review, 8 December 2013
Dear 930turbo,

Thank you for taking your time to give a valuable review about us.

Our team at Crowne Plaza Shanghai is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and we are pleased to read your warm comments.

Thank you as well for your comments regarding the room on the Executive club floor and our location.

Looking forward to receive in a nearby future at Crowne Plaza Shanghai.

Crowne Plaza Shanghai

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

I was pleasantly surprised about the facility and service at this crowne plaza. I actually saw it being built up and blocked part of the sun of our apartment while I was living in Shanghai many years ago. This time, travelling from US to visit family in Shanghai, I am glad that I chose this hotel to relax. Staff are friendly and professional. I love it that they have both dry and wet sauna at the fitness center, they even have a room you can do yoga or stretch yourself. They have several elevators that can see through the outside. Hotel is conveniently located in the city, I saw some air hostesses also staying in this hotel. In the room, they have prepared comfortable slippers and robes for use, rest room is nice and spacious. Will definitely stay with them again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Hanna Y,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Crowne Plaza Shanghai and for taking your time to write a review about us.

Our team is committed to provide our guests with the highest quality services and we are pleased to read your comments related with our people, room, and comfort of our facilities.
It’s motivating to read your comments and your recommendation, definitely, makes our team even more proud of the daily effort to offer great experiences to our guests.

Thank you once again and looking forward to welcome you any time soon at Crowne Plaza Shanghai.

Taipei, Taiwan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

I can tell they would like to improve all guests expeirence, but probably the more they eager to meet, the more mistakes they got. Firstly arrival experince not good, servant stand there and ignore my coming and I need to take my luggage by myself. The check in frontdesk provides wrong information to me. The tube not ok, air condition system working not good. Club lounge employees disapear and I need to find them if I need something. Location is good, safe, but far from the sub station.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Marta V, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Shanghai, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Crowne Plaza Shanghai. We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience our service may have caused you. Your comments about the service and room facilities have been documented and will certainly be looked into.

We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We look forward to hearing from you and to welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Shanghai in the near future.

Swindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

top class service, porters very keen to help, front desk staff very helpful and charlies bar located in the hotel was a great fun venue for an evening with friends. by far my best stay in shanghai. also great location eight in the heart of a busy area

Room Tip: the new wing is outstanding
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Marta V, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Shanghai, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear Brewerton2013,

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Shanghai and for taking your time to write a review about us.

Our team is committed to provide our guests with the highest quality services and we are pleased to read your comments related to our service, Charlie's Bar and location.

We have shared your comments with the team and will reinforce the service trainings to keep offering a great level of service to our customers.

Looking forward to welcome you any time soon at Crowne Plaza Shanghai.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

I have stayed several times in this hotel and I do not want to look for other new.
Always in the old bulding that is great, I use to ask for the upgrade to have th access to the last floor lounge with an excellent service this upgrade is a little expensive compared with the overall cost.
This lounge is fantastic to held meetings. The swimming pool is ok to relax after a hard day.
It has a good location and you can walk arround with no worries.
I will return.

Room Tip: Ask for the upper floors
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Marcelo C
Dear anonymous,

Thank you for your stay with us at Crowne Plaza Shanghai.

We are pleased to know that you appreciated Executive club lounge and location, which are preferred by many of our guests.

Your encouraging review will help us constantly improve our quality even further as we hope to exceed over and beyond our guest expectations.

Thank you once again, we look very much forward towelcoming you back in the future.

Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

I have stayed in many hotels in Shanghai however I was amazed how efficient and helpfull the staff where at the hotel and how well they have been trained, going out of their way to please myself and other guests. The hotel is situated in a good location with plenty of things to see and do within walking distance of the hotel. On my last evening at the hotel I arrived in Charlie's Bar early for a few drinks and something to eat. The staff at bar made me feel at home and I enjoyed talking with them during the evening while also being well entertained by the live band. I look forward to returning and staying here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Dear anonymous,

Our team is committed to provide our guests with the highest quality services and we are pleased to read your comments related with our people, service and location.

Swindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

Outstanding quality hotel. The staff were so helpful, porters fantastic and the standard of the rooms was very high, especially the huge bath and separate shower. I stayed here at the end of a professional golf event I had been playing on the Ladies European Tour and will come back to this hotel every year.

1 Thank Trish J
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to share this warm review about Crowne Plaza Shanghai.

Our team is committed to provide our guests with the highest quality services and it is motivating to read such a comment full of praise about us.

Looking forward to welcome you again in the near future.