Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
Haitian Hotel(Shanghai)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsjiaotong universitynew towerplatinum membernice hotelclub floorbit datedthree nightscomfortable bedshongqiao airportbreakfast buffetlanguage barrierfrench concessionan upgradestandard roomchinese restaurantenglish speaking staffhotel is situated
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I stayed in Crowne Plaza Shanghai for 13 days for a business trip. I must say it was really such a good choice to be spending my nights in this hotel. The staffs were nice, friendly and efficient. The buffet was delicious though it was almost the same every day. The location was pretty good since the Metro was almost just a 5 mins walk. There are also a lot of different restaurants just near the hotel. The price per night is very affordable. My only concern was the noise coming from my neighbor. I don't know whether it was just their television or they really must have been talking very loud. But overall, I had a great stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Marta V, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Dear Annehabby,

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Shanghai and for taking your time to write a review about us.

Our team is committed to provide our guests with the highest quality services and we are pleased to read your comments related to our staff, buffet, location and price.

We have shared your comments with the team and will reinforce the service trainings to keep offering a great level of service to our customers.

Looking forward to welcome you any time soon at Crowne Plaza Shanghai.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

There is an old and new tower in this hotel. I was lucky to get the new tower. The room is big, spacious and modern.
Location-wise, it is about 20 mins to the bund by car. It is situated in a relatively quiet neighborhood and there are eateries around. People from the film industry are known to patronize this hotel regularly.
My only complaint is that the water don't get drained fast enough while bathing. An overspill of water occurs, thankfully not a serious flooding problem.
Overall, it is a good stay, prices are cheaper than similar grade hotels downtown. It's a bit further to downtown but not too far.

Room Tip: Get rooms in the new tower.

Dear Alvin_Liu,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our room in the new wing made your stay experience more memorable. We will continue to strive in delivering quality services, allowing our guests' to indulge in the best they deserve.

Once again, we look forward to your next stay with us and continuous support in the near future.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I have stayed there for 2 nights, for a conference organized by nearby University Jao Tong.
Rooms are nice, clean, wide and linen is very soft as well as the pillows. Just register online to the IHG Rewards Club and you will get free wifi and a free drink in the lobby bar.
In-room safe, iron and umbrella is provided. As a welcome gift I received fruits.
Breakfast is great, a lot of international and national delicatessen are served and freshly prepared.
The hotel can advice you on one and half day tours of Shanghai which I enjoyed (grayline tours).
Employees are very polite. As taxi drivers could not always understand western characters, the hotel offers leaflets for taxis which have directions for taxi drivers in both English and mandarine. (as of June 2014 allow 70 rmb for a taxi to the superfast trains station, 60 to the maglev and 190 rmb to the Pudong airport)

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not facing the main street, which is very noisy.
1  Thank Tiranno
Marta V, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Tiranno,

Thank you very much for taking your time to give your review about Crowne Plaza Shanghai.

We are pleased to hear we have met your expectations, as well as, to read such a detailed review about our rooms, IHG Rewards Club benefits, staff and breakfast. I believe your full comments will be very useful for other Tripadvisor users.

Looking forward to welcome you back in the near future as we wish you to experience the improvements of our Hotel.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I spent there one night with colleagues. We all got twin rooms, and one of my colleagues had a room that smelled terrible in there. My room was clean but furnitures were old as was the bathroom. Also, the walls are not very thick and there was a door to my neighbour, so I could hear that he and his girl partner had a great night together.
Location is not bad, but not great either. The surrounding area is little dirty and run-down, but could have been a lot worse, knowing Shanghai. Breakfast was not very compatible with our European stomachs. We were okay experimenting with Chinese food for lunch and dinner, but we wanted to start the day with something familiar, at least. This need of ours was not fulfilled by the restaurant.

All in all, we decided to spend the second night somewhere else and it was a good decision for us. Still, I have seen many people who seemed to have enjoyed themselves in this hotel. It may not be for everyone.

The staff was helpful and everyone was smiling, which added a lot to the quality. Also, the price is reasonable. Probably, as a tourist, I would come here, but as a business traveler I had better options.

Room Tip: Higher floors are probably better, as everywhere in China, since Chinese drivers always have one hand on the honk.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Aron H
Marta V, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Aron H,

Thank you very much for writing a comment about us. Your feedback regarding the hotel is important to us and we appreciate the time you have taken.

I was concerned to learn of the shortcomings you experienced upon your recent stay, i.e. Internet issue, hot room, etc.

Kindly accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused. I have addressed these issues with my relevant departments to try to find solution.

Your impressions of our hotel are vital in helping us provide the highest level of service to which we are committed.

Once again, thank you for your observations and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Shanghai in the near future, to which I am sure that you will experience a marked improvement.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I attended several functions at Crowne Plaza and was very happy with the quality of the rooms and service. Enjoyed the event and would consider hosting one there again in the future. The staff speaks decent English and it is located close to the metro.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Marta V, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear johnsam007,

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed the functions held in our hotel, especially the quality of the room, service and location. Our team is committed to provide our guests with the highest quality services and we are pleased to read your comments.

Looking forward to welcome you any time soon at Crowne Plaza Shanghai.