“Unfresh smell inside the room”

Holiday Inn Shanghai Pudong
Ranked #113 of 5,161 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed 19 December 2013

This is the 3rd time i stayed in the same hotel for business purpose. The room is generally fine and hotel services are also not bad. The only improvement during these couple stays is the smell. I'm not sure due to the cleaning or the ventilation system. It just made me uncomfortable while entered into the room. I need to take over awhile before i fell sleep.

The price no doubt is a bit high but that's Shanghai! Can't compliant...

Room Tip: Pick the upper level seems better, 20th floor and above.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Fiona L, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Shanghai Pudong, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you very much for choosing Holiday Inn Shanghai Pudong and taking your time to share your feedback about the hotel facilities. Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience caused. We would like to assure you that we have communicated your feedback with the concerned department and corrective actions have been taken.
Thank you once again for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

In China on business, as first visit spent two nights in Shanghai. Moved to Holiday Inn as original hotel was not good.
Welcoming, classy, reception good. OK, in China should speak manadrin but don't, so pleasing to be helped upon arrival.
Rooms very smart and modern, fine views of downtown Shanghai.
Restaurant was high western standard. Nice entertaining bar.

Recommended

Room Tip: Highest floor gives great views
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I've stopped in Shanghai many times over the past few years but never stopped at the Holiday Inn before. I've never been fully satisfied with any of the hotels I've used before but this time I can honestly say going for a known hotel brand has been a wise choice. The hotel staff are quite friendly although for most of them their English is still work in progress. However as my Mandarin Chinese is none existent then I don't make this comment as a criticism. The rooms are spacious (I stopped on the 22nd floor) and quite quiet but for occasional traffic noise and on the whole my sleep was very good. A good pool and gym if you feel the need and an excellent array of eateries within the hotel if going out is not what you want. Free wifi throughout the hotel is excellent and on the whole my stay was very comfortable. I found the room rate competitive and the location central to all the local sights. When I come back to Shanghai next year I will definitely stay here again

Room Tip: Remember to negotiate free wifi when booking
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Had 5 days there in October 2013. This was the third stay there over 5 years. The service gets better every time. Nice, comfortable room and good service throughout the hotel.

The best is the dedication fo the guests. Left some personal items in the room safe and an Asst. Manager went all the way out to Pudong Airport and contacted me at my boarding gate to ensure I had all my belongings. Very dedicated to doing the best they can for their customers.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

This hotel is a terrific option if you need a place to stay in Shanghai's Pudong area. My colleague and I chose this place because our distributor's office is in Pudong and the price seemed fairly reasonable. The property was easily found by our taxi driver when he drove us from PVG Airport. The hotel location was fairly convenient as it was more or less in the central area of Pudong. The exterior was a very attractive high rise and the lobby area gave a good impression. Our check in was reasonably quick and I was given a room on the Executive Floor due to my IHG status. This gave us access to the Executive Lounge, which was one of the nicest aspects of this hotel. The service there was excellent and the breakfast buffet offered in the lounge was terrific. My room was very spacious and clean with a nice work area. The bathroom was particularly nicely furnished with attractive fixtures. The internet was wired, which was OK, but the server was slow at times. I think this had more to do with the Chinese government firewall than the hotel's service, however. In all, I was very happy with my hotel choice and would not hesitate to recommend it if you are staying in Pudong.

2  Thank Debbie K
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Very efficient check in.Recognised Priority Club status. Immediate upgrade. Comfortable clean room.
Great service in the Executive Lounge. Good nosh during Happy Hour and good choice for breakfast with fresh eggs cooked to ones liking.
Beware of Oktober Fest that takes place evey year second week of October. Chinese people and German beer in large steins results in much hilarious projectile vomiting!!

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I stay in this hotel during my last business trip in China, the rooms are comfortable and, very important, not so noisy as the standard in China.

The restaurant and the quality of the food is good even if the available table are not so much compared the number of the guests.

In my opinion is a nice hotel where to stay but two expensive considering it is an holyday inn

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business