“Nice Holiday Inn!”

Holiday Inn Shanghai Pudong
Ranked #114 of 5,111 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I arrived hotel by hotel Lim. and the driver was very helpful. A very good first impression for the hotel. Well prepared check in and room, everything is smoothly! Breakfast was normal, staff are nice and good service.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Shanghai Pudong

Reviewed 15 February 2014

I have stayed at this hotel two times this month and have enjoyed both stays, the hotel is clean, modern and conveniently located in Shanghai Pudong. The staff are friendly and make you feel very welcome, the rooms are spacious and well maintained ensuring a good nights sleep, the bathroom facilities are also very good. The room service menu is fine and the service is prompt. The internet speed is good although there is No WiFi available in the rooms

Room Tip: Choose a high floor for great views of the city skyline at night
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 February 2014

After a long family vacation in China, we stayed two nights at the HI Pudong hotel before flying back home. This is my first visit to this hotel and overall was impressed with the room and amenities. The bathroom had a nice size tub which was great for the kids. The nightly happy hour for Rewards Club members has a nice selection of snacks and drinks. There are two subway stops within walking distance from the hotel (Less than five minutes)

We found the concierge very knowegdeable and friendly to talk to. He provided us numerous options to take our children to for some daily activities.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I usually stay across the road, but possibly in part due to my good review of that hotel, it was fully booked this time, so I decided to try the Holiday Inn. My overall summary is that it is good as a business hotel; the rooms are a little small and the bathrooms definitely a little too cosy if you were travelling with spouse/family, but just for me on a business trip; absolutely adequate. I got a good night's sleep, nicely appointed room, comfortable bed. The shower was a little grotty, no big issues just some peeling caulking, that kind of thing. I have to say that the breakfast buffet is excellent and the coffee was first class; I was extremely impressed with the breakfast and this is important to me on a business trip. I do swim upon arrival and then as my work out daily, and the pool was disappointing; grotty, overheated (not sure if that is wise from a health perspective at 25degC), and they make you wear a swimming cap. I had to ask myself; what issues have they had here to drive the mandatory requirement for everyone to wear a swimming cap?? there was no element of luxury with this pool - you get in, do your laps, leave as quickly as possible. There was a jacuzzi in the changing room area, but very grotty and you would not use it. The changing rooms themselves had not seen a good clean in a very long time. This place reminded me of the old time "swimming baths"....let's just say it's very different in the place across the road. I did not try the gym as I did not take the necessary work out gear for that. Overall, I would stay here again, I would take work out clothes and avoid the pool, I would make sure I got the breakfast every morning - it's the best part of the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tracy P
Reviewed 19 December 2013

This is the 3rd time i stayed in the same hotel for business purpose. The room is generally fine and hotel services are also not bad. The only improvement during these couple stays is the smell. I'm not sure due to the cleaning or the ventilation system. It just made me uncomfortable while entered into the room. I need to take over awhile before i fell sleep.

The price no doubt is a bit high but that's Shanghai! Can't compliant...

Room Tip: Pick the upper level seems better, 20th floor and above.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Fiona L, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Shanghai Pudong, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you very much for choosing Holiday Inn Shanghai Pudong and taking your time to share your feedback about the hotel facilities. Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience caused. We would like to assure you that we have communicated your feedback with the concerned department and corrective actions have been taken.
Thank you once again for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

In China on business, as first visit spent two nights in Shanghai. Moved to Holiday Inn as original hotel was not good.
Welcoming, classy, reception good. OK, in China should speak manadrin but don't, so pleasing to be helped upon arrival.
Rooms very smart and modern, fine views of downtown Shanghai.
Restaurant was high western standard. Nice entertaining bar.

Recommended

Room Tip: Highest floor gives great views
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I've stopped in Shanghai many times over the past few years but never stopped at the Holiday Inn before. I've never been fully satisfied with any of the hotels I've used before but this time I can honestly say going for a known hotel brand has been a wise choice. The hotel staff are quite friendly although for most of them their English is still work in progress. However as my Mandarin Chinese is none existent then I don't make this comment as a criticism. The rooms are spacious (I stopped on the 22nd floor) and quite quiet but for occasional traffic noise and on the whole my sleep was very good. A good pool and gym if you feel the need and an excellent array of eateries within the hotel if going out is not what you want. Free wifi throughout the hotel is excellent and on the whole my stay was very comfortable. I found the room rate competitive and the location central to all the local sights. When I come back to Shanghai next year I will definitely stay here again

Room Tip: Remember to negotiate free wifi when booking
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business