“Spent two nights here”

Ranked #108 of 5,105 Hotels in Shanghai
Lee's Summit, Missouri
“Spent two nights here”
Reviewed 10 July 2012

This was at the tail end of our trip. Staff spoke good English, or found someone who did. Beds were comfortable. Pillow was nice and soft, and labeled as such. We had a king sized bed, the kids had two twins in their room. Bathroom size was okay. Not much around the hotel. A few shops, got some cold sodas and beer. Wandered around a little. Were warned off the sidewalk - there was a snake! Breakfast was good. I got some fresh noodles. My only wish would be for free wi-fi in the lobby.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Melinda D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Durham, England
Reviewed 6 July 2012

This was the third hotel as part of a package booked through Thomas Cook, again it was their choice, and the location was very good for wandering out and exploring on your own. The ground floor bar was very good, a good selection of drinks, and when we were there ‘a buy 2 beers get one free’ was on offer. The cost of a coffee was however a little steep especially when over the road about 100yds away was a Starbucks, so when we needed our coffee fix guess where we went! You can get free wifi in the lobby area, without the need for passwords. We tried the buffet meal one night in the hotel restaurant, it was very good, and there were a few items we hadn’t tried before, but the head waiter helped us with the explanations and asked the chef to make up the dishes for us. The breakfast was also served here, a limited choice but enough to set you up for the day ahead. If you are looking for a little bit of European food, then near to the Starbucks on the same side of the road as the hotel is a Pizza Hut!! Just around the corner from the hotel is a canal, it’s the Beijing to Shanghai canal, and there is a little pedestrian bridge which is a good view point for taking photos along the canal side. Very pretty at night! The rooms were a good size, and although we had a bathroom malfunction the first night, on going to breakfast we asked them to sort it out, and it was done straight away. Excellent service! There were the usual toiletries in the bathroom, and storage in the wardrobe, with drawers and plenty of hangars. There was a desk instead of a dressing table, so to put my make up on I had to use the bar area which was in front of a full length mirror. A walk in shower instead of a bath, with a rain shower head was a nice change. The pool is a good size, however, as we didn’t have swimming caps we could only use the Jacuzzi, as we didn’t fancy paying the high price they wanted for a cap. The view was good from the pool area. All in all, a good hotel, and there were no problems in walking around at night, and all except a very pushy flower seller kept their distance. It’s a hotel I would return to.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank love_2_travel666
Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed 3 July 2012

i went in a group to attend an exhibition at Shanghai. The property is centrally located , though it is a 20 minute taxi ride to People's sqaure , or change 2 lines in the subway. There is a pizza hut , mc donalds, starbucks in the vicinity.
The lobby is good, the rooms are big , but the bathroom is small . The service is prompt. Being in China little communication problem with language with the house keeping staff.
The room was not cooling , so we called the housekeeping staff, the mechanic checked and said that the a/c is working properly , but we would perspire at night. The hotel had offered to change the room if we are uncomfortable, but we would get so tired by the time we reach hotel , that decide not to repack our bags and change the room

Room Tip: subway line no 7 station is the nearest
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank rajesh60
Weston Supoer Mare
Reviewed 2 July 2012

This Hotel was rather typical of what you'd expect from Holiday Inn. We spent 2 nights here and our stay was fine. Nothing exciting but nothing to complain about either. If you need a fairly reasonable hotel then this could be it. Location isn't that good for a tourist but was fairly quiet too.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Room enviroment is very poor, no air condition supply, also no window can open, really bad.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Elle G
Singapore
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Well located, lots of options for food and dining in the area. The executive lounge is well appointed and the service in all areas of the property is excellent.
The rooms are also good, with decent amenities, and outlets where you need them. This hotel makes it easy to do business on the road.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank RoadWearySIN
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2012

I've stayed in many Holiday Inns and this one has been so far the best one I've ever been to. From the service of the staff to the nice touches in the room, I was very pleased with my stay. On my first day in Shanghai I was so tired and jet lagged from my flight and getting to the hotel (I'd probably advise taking a taxi instead of my chosen route of using the metro) I was pleased to find that the reception staff were more than happy let me check in at 12pm rather than having to sit around and wait until the official time, this was more than welcome as I was in desperate need of a nap and a shower!

Location was great, not too far from the metro (Line 7 - Changshou Road) which is excellent for getting to all the main spots, changing at Jing'an Temple to get to Line 2.

My favourite part of my stay was the Jing Lounge in the lobby, a great, relaxing environment with friendly staff and a pianist who played until 11pm. It was a great way to end the evening looking out the floor to ceiling windows with a drink.

The only real complaint I had about the whole thing was the quality of the breakfast, while there was plenty of choice available from the buffet I couldn't help but feel the hot food wasn't very well heated so you ended up with cold bacon and beans most of the time. After a while I just stuck with the fruit and continental style options which wasn't as satisfying, especially after paying 200 yuan each day for the option.

I only had dinner in the hotel restaurant once in the buffet bar, which again suffered from the same problems as the breakfast and was very expensive for what you got. After that I tended to eat at a local Chinese restaurant/takeaway just across the way from the hotel (directly opposite the entrance) where the staff, while non-english speaking, were very kind and offered a delicious meal at a much cheaper price.

Overall I was happy with my stay and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo