Holiday Inn Shanghai Vista
US$219
US$121
NewWorldHotels.com
  • Pool
The PuLi Hotel and Spa(Shanghai)
US$491
US$98
US$290
US$233
  • Restaurant
All reviewslobby barminutes walkingnice hotelsubway stationthe hotel staffbreakfast was excellentfitness centerhongqiao airportbusiness tripconvenient locationbusiness hotelconciergetaxichinachineseihgkfc
Reviewed 25 April 2014

This is a 4-star hotel in Changshou Road, Shanghai. I like its locality and the warm hospitality of the staff. It is a short distance away from the Shanghai Railway Station. A short bus ride will reach the station. Though the place is not as bustling as the Nanjing East/West area, it is easy to move around the area as the Changshou metro (line 7) is about 8 minutes' walk away. The buffet breakfast is good.
I like to relax at the indoor swimming pool and the heated jacuzzi on the top floor.
Simply, if you want comfort and quality, choose this hotel. I want to stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the east. You may be greeted by the glorious sun!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
mandy l, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Shanghai Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Guest,thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next stay with us and continuous support in the near future. Thank you!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

This is a rather aged building over Changshou Road: a busy four lane road in a residential area not too far from the central Nanjing Road. At 10 min from the hotel there is a station of the subway line N. 7: two stops to the Jing'an Temple, the very heart of Shanghai downtown. On arrival the man at the door tried to help me with luggage and led me to the reception counter. The main lobby is wide, bright and well decorated, Check in was kind and swift. I got a king size bed in a very spacious room. Very simple furnishing and the standard Holiday Inn amenities. Toilet and shower instead were too small compared to the room size. The window was very dirty outside, rain is dirty in Shanghai and windows get not cleaned very often. My sleep was a bit disturbed by the fan which kept going for all the night even if I had turned it off. Then in the morning suddenly it went off by itself. Breakfast is in a room which is a bit too small to accommodate many guests. Standard selection of food at the buffet and kind service from the waitresses. Unfortunately I could not use gym and swimming pool because thy were under renovation during my stay. This brings down the value of the stay for what I paid

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
mandy l, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Shanghai Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Shanghai Vista and taking your time to share your feedback . We are pleased to know that you like our hotel location and service.Please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience caused due to the fitness center decoration. Thank you once again for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again. Thank you.

Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

I though I can save my energy and have a simple dinner within the hotel for myself. But I'm totally wrong! It took 35 minutes to serve a simple vegetable dish! And I was the only customer at that moment, say 20:40! I was starving and started eating. However, it took 50 minutes to serve the other dish: fried fish and it's extremely salty and hardly to eat! For a 4-star hotel, such a service is completely unexpected and cannot be worse!

• Stayed: March 2014
mandy l, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Shanghai Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Guest ,
Thank you very much for choosing Holiday Inn Shanghai Vista and taking your time to share your feedback .Please accept our sincere apology for the dining experience. We would like to assure you that we have communicated your feedback with the concerned department and corrective actions have been taken.Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

i have been staying here for over 10 years. Originally, it was selected because it was close to our factory. When we started staying here, the rooms were very nice. Service was excellent. There was a "crispness" to the place. Now, the entire facility is showing its age. The ventilation is terrible. During this stay I had to change rooms because my room was so stuffy. This is a common problem here as I have checked with others from our company that stay here.
In addition, the restaurant is just tolerable. The breakfasts are so-so and the lunches less so.
The staff are nice and attentive. But they cannot overcome the problem with the physical plant or the restaurant.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
mandy l, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Shanghai Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear Guest ,
Thank you very much for choosing Holiday Inn Shanghai Vista and taking your time to share your feedback about the hotel facilities.Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience caused. We would like to assure you that we have communicated your feedback with the concerned department and corrective actions have been taken.Thank you once again for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again. Thank you!

Reviewed 28 November 2013

The hotel is not new and actuall it's pretty old. The gym is small but ok for you. Nearby lots of restaurant and shopping center. You also can find some massage places. For business, it's enough. If you have time, there is a park very close to the hotel. you can enjoy and have a relax walking inside. A very good place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Richard C
mandy l, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Shanghai Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback and we are pleased to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and that we were able to provide you with a memorable experience.We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations.We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again in the near future.Thank you.