“A New Kind of Consistency”

Holiday Inn Shanghai Vista
Ranked #106 of 5,059 Hotels in Shanghai
Shanghai
“A New Kind of Consistency”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

If you are looking for a highly consistent level of service, and a bit of challenge trying to survive it, you should settle for the Holiday Inn Vista Shanghai. You can indulge in an experience you truly won't forget: Service staff who couldn't care less about you and will go out of their way to make your stay as miserable as possible. I had the pleasure of experiencing this during my last stay: As usual, I had ordered an outside food delivery to my room. Just as I had done many times, including the night before. I was informed by the front desk that they would not let the delivery guy come up to my room. I was told that it was a new policy (maybe just made up 10 seconds ago!). I told their staff that I done the exact same thing just the night before, same company, same delivery guy, was no problem that day. Also, I told them that I was just having a shower and that it really wouldn't be convenient for me to come down. Nothing happened, so after a while I called the front desk again and asked to speak to the supervisor. I was put on hold for about two minutes or so and nobody even bothered to pick up. Maybe there was another new policy that said "ignore the customer". Would make sense. So finally I had to go down, just wearing my bath robe. The supervisor at the reception, her name was Rose, didn't seem to care and I had to walk the delivery guy up myself. Like I had to escort him, through all the busboys and receptionists who were populating the lobby like trees in a forest. Obviously no one of them could have taken over the immense responsibility of accompanying the delivery guy on his 5 minute journey to my room. I then asked to speak to the GM and I was told that he would talk to me at 8am the morning of the next day. I had to go to a meeting that day and by the time I left my room to check out (8.10am) nobody had contacted me, the GM was a no show, no call, no nothing. Although that was agreed on. So, at least it can be said that the service level at this wanna-be-youth-hostel is pretty consistent: It sucks at every level including the senior management!

Room Tip: Avoid ground floor to 21st floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
mandy l, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Shanghai Vista, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Shanghai Vista.We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience our service may have caused you. Your comments has been documented and will certainly be looked into. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.As we would like to respond to you regarding the problem, could you please send us your email address and telephone details to mandy.liang@holidayinnvista.com.We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
gloucester
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stayed here on a Virgin organised tour of China.
Facilities all fine and staff excellent, most understood enough English to be helpful (my Chinese is rubbish!)
Free WiFi in lobby but you need to get the staff to set it up I found.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
mandy l, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Shanghai Vista, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thanks for your kind feedback.We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff service made your stay experience memorable. We will continue to strive in delivering quality services, allowing our guests' to indulge in the best they deserve. We look forward to your next stay with us and continuous support in the near future. Thank you!
scotland
Reviewed 31 May 2014

room adequate, good pool, ground floor café ok, breakfast buffet very good, location not central but taxis to and from the Bund easily obtained. Free wifi available only if one joined the holiday inn loyalty scheme - with a 24hr delay, we found

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
mandy l, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Shanghai Vista, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Guest ,
Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will continue to strive in delivering quality services, allowing our guests' to indulge in the best they deserve.Once again, we look forward to your next stay with us and continuous support in the near future. Thank you!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Reasonable hotel, food was ok as were most other facilities, far enough away from the madness of Nanjing road, the Bund etc. but accessible by train 10 minute walk to station would stay again no problem

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
mandy l, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Shanghai Vista, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations.We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
Midlands, England
Reviewed 8 May 2014

A very nice and welcoming hotel. Our room was clean and large with tea and coffee facilities. The staff were very helpful and the breakfast plentiful. Although it is not within walking distance of the Bund and Nanjing Road it is close to the metro, so easy to get around. Would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
mandy l, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Shanghai Vista, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Guest ,
Thank you very much for your feedback and we are pleased to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and that we were able to provide you with a memorable experience. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations.Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Shanghai Vista.
singapore
Reviewed 25 April 2014

This is a 4-star hotel in Changshou Road, Shanghai. I like its locality and the warm hospitality of the staff. It is a short distance away from the Shanghai Railway Station. A short bus ride will reach the station. Though the place is not as bustling as the Nanjing East/West area, it is easy to move around the area as the Changshou metro (line 7) is about 8 minutes' walk away. The buffet breakfast is good.
I like to relax at the indoor swimming pool and the heated jacuzzi on the top floor.
Simply, if you want comfort and quality, choose this hotel. I want to stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the east. You may be greeted by the glorious sun!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
mandy l, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Shanghai Vista, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Guest,thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next stay with us and continuous support in the near future. Thank you!
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This is a rather aged building over Changshou Road: a busy four lane road in a residential area not too far from the central Nanjing Road. At 10 min from the hotel there is a station of the subway line N. 7: two stops to the Jing'an Temple, the very heart of Shanghai downtown. On arrival the man at the door tried to help me with luggage and led me to the reception counter. The main lobby is wide, bright and well decorated, Check in was kind and swift. I got a king size bed in a very spacious room. Very simple furnishing and the standard Holiday Inn amenities. Toilet and shower instead were too small compared to the room size. The window was very dirty outside, rain is dirty in Shanghai and windows get not cleaned very often. My sleep was a bit disturbed by the fan which kept going for all the night even if I had turned it off. Then in the morning suddenly it went off by itself. Breakfast is in a room which is a bit too small to accommodate many guests. Standard selection of food at the buffet and kind service from the waitresses. Unfortunately I could not use gym and swimming pool because thy were under renovation during my stay. This brings down the value of the stay for what I paid

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
mandy l, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Shanghai Vista, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Shanghai Vista and taking your time to share your feedback . We are pleased to know that you like our hotel location and service.Please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience caused due to the fitness center decoration. Thank you once again for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again. Thank you.