“Good budget hotel”

Ranked #103 of 5,031 Hotels in Shanghai
Bangkok, Thailand
“Good budget hotel”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I stayed here during last July. It's a budget hotel which offers what it claims to. The indoor pool was nice and the gym was also okay, though nothing great. Overall it's a clean hotel with a nice and friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
mandy l, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Shanghai Vista, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Guest ,Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our indoor pool made your stay experience more memorable. We will continue to strive in delivering quality services, allowing our guests' to indulge in the best they deserve.Once again, we look forward to your next stay with us and continuous support in the near future. Thank you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Spend 3 days on business trip, had 19th floor which allows good city view. Taxi are easy from here, good location for sight seeing, reception staff friendly. Concierge follow up of my lost bag and delivery was efficient. Lounge on 19th floor is ok, friendly staff again. Breakfast selection in lounge is fair but fruit can be improved. Coffee machine broken but staff jumped in to make coffee in their kitchen. 3rd floor is not belonging to hotel.

Room Tip: Higher is better - good view, less noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
mandy l, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Shanghai Vista, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Guest ,
Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff service made your stay experience morememorable. We will continue to strive in delivering quality services, allowing our guests' to indulge in the best they deserve.Once again, we look forward to your next stay with us and continuous support in the near future. Thank you!
Yorkshire
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Last two nights of our stay spent at this hotel. Well placed on the outskirts of centre, but with places around if you wanted to take a walk. Taxis from the hotel to the city centre were easy to get. Centre is very modern with well known modern shops. Just a short walk from centre was the French quarter which sounds better than what it was, the best thing was the lack of vehicles as area is pedestrianised but shops are limited to modern shops and coffee houses. Walking around the bund was good but could have been a lot better had the weather been better. Hotel has a pool and jacuzzi on top floor which the others in our group said was excellent.

Room Tip: During our stay we were on the higher floors, which were quiet, maybe lower floors would be noisier...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
mandy l, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Shanghai Vista, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Guest ,
Thank you very much for your feedback and we are pleased to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and that we were able to provide you with a memorable experience. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations.Thank you again for your feedback and support and we lookforward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Shanghai Vista in the near future. Thank you!
Shanghai
Reviewed 12 June 2014

If you are looking for a highly consistent level of service, and a bit of challenge trying to survive it, you should settle for the Holiday Inn Vista Shanghai. You can indulge in an experience you truly won't forget: Service staff who couldn't care less about you and will go out of their way to make your stay as miserable as possible. I had the pleasure of experiencing this during my last stay: As usual, I had ordered an outside food delivery to my room. Just as I had done many times, including the night before. I was informed by the front desk that they would not let the delivery guy come up to my room. I was told that it was a new policy (maybe just made up 10 seconds ago!). I told their staff that I done the exact same thing just the night before, same company, same delivery guy, was no problem that day. Also, I told them that I was just having a shower and that it really wouldn't be convenient for me to come down. Nothing happened, so after a while I called the front desk again and asked to speak to the supervisor. I was put on hold for about two minutes or so and nobody even bothered to pick up. Maybe there was another new policy that said "ignore the customer". Would make sense. So finally I had to go down, just wearing my bath robe. The supervisor at the reception, her name was Rose, didn't seem to care and I had to walk the delivery guy up myself. Like I had to escort him, through all the busboys and receptionists who were populating the lobby like trees in a forest. Obviously no one of them could have taken over the immense responsibility of accompanying the delivery guy on his 5 minute journey to my room. I then asked to speak to the GM and I was told that he would talk to me at 8am the morning of the next day. I had to go to a meeting that day and by the time I left my room to check out (8.10am) nobody had contacted me, the GM was a no show, no call, no nothing. Although that was agreed on. So, at least it can be said that the service level at this wanna-be-youth-hostel is pretty consistent: It sucks at every level including the senior management!

Room Tip: Avoid ground floor to 21st floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
mandy l, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Shanghai Vista, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Shanghai Vista.We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience our service may have caused you. Your comments has been documented and will certainly be looked into. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.As we would like to respond to you regarding the problem, could you please send us your email address and telephone details to mandy.liang@holidayinnvista.com.We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you!
gloucester
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stayed here on a Virgin organised tour of China.
Facilities all fine and staff excellent, most understood enough English to be helpful (my Chinese is rubbish!)
Free WiFi in lobby but you need to get the staff to set it up I found.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
mandy l, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Shanghai Vista, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thanks for your kind feedback.We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff service made your stay experience memorable. We will continue to strive in delivering quality services, allowing our guests' to indulge in the best they deserve. We look forward to your next stay with us and continuous support in the near future. Thank you!
scotland
Reviewed 31 May 2014

room adequate, good pool, ground floor café ok, breakfast buffet very good, location not central but taxis to and from the Bund easily obtained. Free wifi available only if one joined the holiday inn loyalty scheme - with a 24hr delay, we found

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
mandy l, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Shanghai Vista, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Guest ,
Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will continue to strive in delivering quality services, allowing our guests' to indulge in the best they deserve.Once again, we look forward to your next stay with us and continuous support in the near future. Thank you!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Reasonable hotel, food was ok as were most other facilities, far enough away from the madness of Nanjing road, the Bund etc. but accessible by train 10 minute walk to station would stay again no problem

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
mandy l, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Shanghai Vista, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations.We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again in the near future.