“I like holiday inn shanghai vista”

Holiday Inn Shanghai Vista
Ranked #109 of 5,138 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed 17 April 2010

I stayed here recently, it's location is very good.Close to Nanjing road shopping area and one Metro station arround here.We took the metro to the bund and Nanjing road.(Just 5 minutes walk to the metro station) About RMB25 for the taxi fee to downtown for 15 minutes.A lot of Chinese restaurant arround there.
The hotel room is good, clean and modern.Got the map and city infomation from concierge.The staff of them were very friendly and warmly for us.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank cantoneseHongkong

Reviewed 6 April 2010

Wow, Holiday Inn must have rebranded because this hotel was really nice and a far cry from the $50 a night motel-style off the highway Holiday Inns I remember from the USA.

My husband and I stayed here as part of a SmarTours trip. With the great deal we got on hotel/airfare, we expected the hotels to be subpar but the Holiday Inn exceeded our expectations.

The hotel itself is great. Very modern, clean and fresh. The beds are very comfortable and the bathrooms have great glass door showers with removable shower heads and a bench. Each room has a fish bowl with fish. Just little touches that you wouldn't expect from a Holiday Inn. The breakfast served was nice, if crowded a bit.

The biggest downfall is the location, it is pretty far from most attractions and main subway stations. But for the price I'll deal with it. Plus, cabs in China are so cheap! No more than $3 USD to get you most places.

Don't miss the pool and fitness area on the top floor! Great views and very nicely designed pool area.

Overall we were very pleased with our stay.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
sam-xie, Chief Concierge at Holiday Inn Shanghai Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2010

Thank you for staying with us in the Holiday Inn Shanghai Vista. Also thank you for your review on our hotel.

Concerning our location, the hotel is only 2 km to Shanghai’s main shopping street Nanjing Road and JinAn Temple. Also within walking distance is the Jade Buddha Temple (1km), Zhongshan Park Shopping mall and the Suzhou River. Also there’s the new Subway Line7 with the new ChanShou rd Station just 4 mins walk from hotel, connecting you to the whole city network.15 mins to the EXPO Park directly from our hotel. Please check with our concierge desk.

If you, as guest, request any help concerning city information, just contact us at the concierge desk anytime.,

With warm regards

Sam Xie
Chief Concierge
Member of Clef d’Or Shanghai Chapter

Reviewed 22 March 2010

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights last time. The hotel location is so so, I stayed the hotel because I needed to be in the area. Although the hotel is not located in the downtown, it is however very easy to get to all area by taxi and only 10 minutes. You can take the metro to the BUND and NANJIN road (about 4 mns walking to the metro station).
The hotel room is average size, but clean and modern, the room rate was really low - only $70/night - which is a big value in Shanghai.
Check in was quick, but the housekeeper service was so so and on the other hand, concierge was very helpful and so were the friendly bellboys.
Overall, if you want to travel to location in shanghai, I recommend you choose this hotel can save a lot of money.

2  Thank milanobusinessman
Reviewed 21 March 2010

I stayed 3 days and 2 nights at Holiday Inn. The check in was fast. As we entered the hotel, a live pianist was playing classical music, which created high class ambience. The lobby decor was grand and amazing, but yet still warm and inviting and this applied to the rooms as well. The bed were comfy having a soft and hard pillow.

They also had an indoor pool and a golf simulator. The pool was at the top level and overlooking the city of shanghai. Unfortunately the simulator was not working at the time.

It is located near the heart of shanghai. Across the road are shops and restaurants. I went to use the internet and needed the staff to write something in chinese for me. The staff was very helpful in this.

The breakfast had a wide selection of eastern and western. They had a chef to make an omelette for you. The juice was freshly squeezed and food was amazing.

I highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: March 2010
2  Thank ausytraveller
Reviewed 19 March 2010

Very good hotel,I love !
The hotel is a great location – close to the Nanjing road shopping area. The staff was very friendly and hospitable. Breakfast was included with the room and was a large buffet.
Our room was very clean and modern. The bathroom was SOSO.We had free wi-fi at the hotel.

1  Thank ItalyItalyman
Reviewed 13 March 2010

Very impressed with the room quality and modern feel of the hotel. We had a suite so really spacious. The only thing that I did not like was the noise of the doors banging in the morning, it was really load and annoying for a light sleeper. But overall I would still stay at this hotel again as I found all the other aspects of the hotel nice.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WalkingTall1234
sam-xie, Chief Concierge at Holiday Inn Shanghai Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2010

Dear Walking Tall 1234 from Vancouver,

Greetings from Shanghai and thank you for your time to write a review on our Holiday Inn Vista in reference to your current stay on Saturday, 13th March 2010.

We are delighted for every comment on Trip Advisor we receive, recognizing the power of the opinion and written word from our guests as a source of encouragement and guidance for the future hotel development and goal setting.

While I am very happy to learn that you will return in the future to our hotel and that you were happy with the modern feel and touch of our recently renovated rooms and facilities, I would like to investigate further in your comments of loud door banging during your recent stay. May I ask you to let me know by email your room number, arrival and departure date, so we can launch an full investigation on the causes of your discomfort and rectify them accordingly. You may send the information directly on my email otto.kurzendorfer@ihg.com.

Once again thank you for your very positive comments, it is always good to hear your feedback, allowing us to further improve our service and facilities.

With warm regards from Shanghai and I hope to welcome you back next time in Shanghai for the 2010 World Expo, our newly opened Metro Line No. 7 will bring you within 5 walking minutes from the hotel directly to the main expo entrance site in Pudong.

With warm regards,

Telephone- (86) 21 6276 8888*2828
Facsimile- (86) 21 6277 5178
Email- Otto.Kurzendorfer@ihg.com

Reviewed 4 March 2010

I had a chance to stay in this Hotel and was very suprised by the reasonable price and excellent rooms and service!! I travel around the world for the past 16 years and stayed in many places.
The rooms are very nice (I stayed on the 19th floor, executive level), clean, quiet, enough space, all what a traveler needs incl. internet access etc. TV programming includes CNN and DW. A special note for the shower, that's how you want it!
The General Manager shows great interest in running this place to a higher standard, so, a special shoutout for Otto Kurzendorfer!
I would recommend this Hotel to anybody.

1  Thank AndyA6