“Good location good hotel”

Jin Jiang Tower Hotel
Ranked #116 of 4,998 Hotels in Shanghai
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Good location good hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2012

Good hotel for a quick stay in Shanghai. Very nice room, although bathroom tired. Excellent gym. Great breakfast buffet. Well located within walking distance to Old Street and waterfront (for the fit). We dined at an excellent little bistro type restaurant down the road, wonderful food and super cheap and very relaxed casual dining. (English difficult but possible). (Go out the front of the hotel and turn left and walk no more than about 50m). Nice bar area, and all round a good stay although brief, but will come back to this hotel for sure.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vicki B
Jill W, Public Relations Manager at Jin Jiang Tower Hotel, responded to this review, 25 December 2012

Warm greetings from Jin Jiang Tower Shanghai!

Thank you very much for sharing your comments regarding your experiences with us. We regard all of our guests' feedback as an important tool for our training and improvement.

We look forward to having you back again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

Great property to stay. Rooms are good, huge windows. My room had a unblocked sunrise view, which was the best thing for me.
The place is close to the famous Nanjing road and other areas.
I stayed only one night so did not eat there, but there are many options close by.

Room Tip: High floor and east side!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Jill W, Public Relations Manager at Jin Jiang Tower Hotel, responded to this review, 21 September 2012
Warm greetings from Jin Jiang Tower Shanghai!

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to share what you enjoyed most about your stay . We are especially grateful for your comments and hope you get more and more familiar with Jin Jiang Hotels, the largest hotel management group in the Asia.

We look forward to welcoming you back!
Lichfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

Beware...the rooms are large and definitely setup for business, but with that comes some really nice luxuries, made all the better for us as we were at the end of a long trip around china.

It is ideally placed for the metro, and within quick easy walk or tube of everywhere you might want to go.

The huge glass wall from bathroom to bedroom is interesting...but being able to watch the tele either in the bath shower or even on the loo is curious, (far more people will be trying it than admitting it!!!) Get the right room, and the views are superb.

It is very clean, efficient and a great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments regarding your experiences at Jin Jiang Tower Shanghai.
We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and were comfortable in your room.
The room type is an attempt we made to create more open space in the room. Concerning about the acceptence for all the guests, we provide a curtain for your choice.

Jin Jiang Hotels is the largest hotel management group in China. We hope you may get more and more familiar with the brand during your next trip to China.

We look forward to welcoming you back!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

I was with my friend .. In a business trip .. It was recommended by my partner in Shanghai .. The hotel is in the middle of shanghai .. The rate is good .. The Taxis available outside the hotel gate .. They provide internet during your stay with additional fees which is recommended. They provide Islamic food by order.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business

Warm greetings from Jin Jiang Tower Shanghai!

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit your impressions of our hotel. I am grateful to hear that your enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to share your comments with our management so they may be recognized for their commitment to service.

We hope that you are enjoying a pleasant journey onwards and we have the opportunity to welcome you back.
China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

For the positive: the rooms are good, the location excellent... for the negative: but the food is overly priced but very very poor quality, the staff is untrained, very very bad service. 80 rmb for a very very small portion of very bad tiramisu served in the room.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to post your review of your most recent stay with us.

I am pleased to know you are satisfied with the room. However, I am so disappointed to hear that your impressions of my colleagues and the food are so poor; however, we will be sure to use your comments for our development.

Please know that we would be eager to have the opportunity to serve you better in the future.
Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

First of all, for those of you who are planning to stay at this hotel in the near future - do not do it unless you need/want to get up really early in the morning...There is a big construction site right next to the hotel, and they start the work at 6.30 am. After that, it is absolutely impossible to continue sleeping. My room was facing the construction site, so the noise was awful. Maybe it is better on the other side, so if you DO stay at Jin Jiang, ask for a room that is on the other side.

Having said that, there was other noise as well. My hotel room wall was so thin that I could hear the person next door snoring (this was before the construction noise). It felt as if there was no wall between us at all. Very unpleasant. However, I am a light sleeper, so maybe this wouldn't bother those of you who sleep more deeply.

My colleague got an upset stomach after the hotel breakfast, which is quite worrying. I was ok (didn't have breakfast, but had dinner), although the food at the hotel certainly wasn't anything to celebrate.

Otherwise, this hotel is ok for a Chinese hotel. Don't be fooled, it is NOWHERE close to five stars, or even four in international terms...max. three. Rooms are large (I got an upgrade though), my bed was clean and the room tidy overall, but the room was quite worn down and the corners of the bathroom were moldy. The internet connection worked surprisingly well.

Before I arrived at the hotel, I enquired about getting a hotel car to pick me up from the airport. I never got an answer from them at all, so can't say that the service would have been good...However, the reception staff were efficient and spoke good English.

Room Tip: While there is construction work ongoing next to the hotel, ask for a room on the opposite site.
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time for bringing this to our attention and I feel very sorry about your unpleasant experience.

It must have been frustrating to get bothered by the noise in room. I also understand how disappointed it is when you didn't get any answer on the demand of limousine service. I have addressed all the problems seriously with my team. Your suggestions will be well-noted, as we are always trying to recognize what our guests value most. I truly hope this inconvenience caused would not damage your impression on the Jin Jiang Hotels.

Alkmaar
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

Jin Jiang Tower usually is one of the cheapest 5 star hotels in Shanghai center, and while not up to the standard of other 5 star hotels like hilton etc., you get good value for money. Rooms are large and well equipped, service is ok and in the 7-8 times that I've stayed here over the past two years, I have received a room upgrade quite a few times. Breakfast is good too, and location, close to huaihai road is just excellent.

Only downside is a bit of slow internet connection, and what pissed me off a few times this year is that the gym and sauna have been closed for over a year; with every time the re-opening date getting postponed. They don't mention this on their site, and once I send an e-mail to enquire about it before booking, but I never got a reply. I don't know if it's reopened (they used to have a very large Japanese style hot bath and jacuzzi) now though.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business