“Good business hotel”

Jin Jiang Tower Hotel
Ranked #128 of 5,111 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed 18 April 2013

This was my 3rd stay at this hotel and was a better experience that I had last time I wrote a review. The wifi service is now much better but still is a little annoying as you have to log in each time you move around the hotel. I stayed in an executive room which if you like a more spacious room is well worth the extra, my only grip was that the room I was allocated was close to the lift well and you could hear the constant swishing of the lifts. The superior rooms are quite pokey and my friends one was looking rather tired with stains on the furnishings. The Villar House club lounge on the 40th floor is comfortable with expansive views of the city and attentive service. I found the breakfast in the main dining area on the ground floor more appealing with a very good range of Asian and European foods to select from.

Room Tip: Stay in an executive room and ask for one well away from the lifts.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Chris1950822
Jill W, Front Office Manager at Jin Jiang Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

Dear Chris:
Warm greetings from Jin Jiang Tower Shanghai. Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to post your review of your most recent stay with us.
I am grateful to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us! Please kindly be noted if you have any request on room arrangement,please do not hesitate to let us konw .
Hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Jin Jiang Tower Hotel

Reviewed 6 February 2013

It's my first stay in New Jin Jiang Tower Hotel, usually I stay in a hotel in Xujiahui district.
My stay was divided in to two bookings.

29th to 31th January 2013 (Superior Room at 20th floor)
The room size is OK, not small but also not that spacious. Bathroom is well appointed, comes with a Japanese style toilette as well a big basin and mirror.
Bedroom has a queen-size bed which is comfortable to sleep, a corner sofa and a desk to work.
Breakfast and internet was not included in the room rate, so I've paid extra charge of around 200 RMB per night. The carpet at the bedroom and ceiling in the shower looks kinda of running down and need a maintanence.
At that time I also didn't know it was possible to upgrade to a room in the Executive Lounge at high floor, which had would cost 300 RMB per night.
Really bad that the frontdesk officer didn't offer to me as I would rather to pay 100 RMB per night more, but would get a spacious room at the Executive Lounge floor and include all the benefits such as free internet, breakfast, breakfast at Executive Lounge at 40th floor.
My colleague who was with me together on this trip had enjoyed an upgrade thus I've learned about this, so I've requested for it after I came back from a short trip (1night) for my second stay from 01st to 4th February. The frontdesk officer directly booked me to an Executive floor room, which this time expacted my request.
Beside of this issue, I really like much the Spa area at the 6th floor. There has a indoor swimming pool (water is warm), relax pool, massage area, sauna, etc.
For hotel guests the access to swimming pool and sauna is free of charge.
The hotel locates quite central (Puxi area) from where you can reach many destination by a short taxi drive. Opposite of the hotel are some nice restaurants such as Bi Fen Teng or a Japanese Teppanyaki for 200 RMB all you can eat.
All in general I had a comfortable stay and would choose Jin Jiang Tower again, but only room at the Executive floor.

Room Tip: Upgrade for 300 RMB per night to Executive Lounge (high floor) is valueable, as the room is more spa...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank tsri
Jill W, Public Relations Manager at Jin Jiang Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2013

Warm greetings from Jin Jiang Tower Shanghai!

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We are especially grateful and encouraged for your comments and hope you get more and more familiar with Jin Jiang Hotels, the largest hotel management group in the Asia. We regard all of our guests' feedback as an important tool for our training and improvement.

We look forward to having you back again!

Reviewed 2 February 2013

we booked a double room and wanted an extra bed, so we had to pay for the extra bed. The front desk upgraded our room to the an executive room.

The room was very spacious with a great view from the 33rd floor. We had access to the executive lounge which had good breakfast serving a good range of food. The hotel staff are very friendly and the location and price for stay was very reasonable. Definitely will come back

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Warm greetings from Jin Jiang Tower Shanghai!

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your most stay with us.

We are so pleased to know you are satisfied with the Villar Executive Room and have already shared your comments with my colleagues. Please know that we would be eager to have you back again in the future.

Best Wishes!

Reviewed 27 November 2012

I wasnt sure what or where to book in Shanghai but ended up at the Jin Jiang Tower based on location and price and wasnt disapointed . The room on 24th floor was nice (showing a little bit of wear in places but nothing to worry about) . The view , bed and shower were great . Breakfast was ok but nothing special .The fridge was hot . I booked online and took an internet package ... was a waste of time and money , the in room wifi was hopless .The staff in the resturant were great , freindly and helpfull and the food was great to . The location was excellent for me , short walk to Hauihai Rd shops and resturants parks and old tree lined areas . Overall a great place to stay and when in Shanghai having said that ... Everynight i returned to the hotel i was hassled by pimps and prostitutes as i tried to enter the hotel . One night i was aproached at the lift on 24th floor and sitting at the bar ....IN the foyer its not to hard to notice the girls working there ways . I really honestly cant believe management dont notice or care .
Nothing against the girls or there work but there persistant sales pitch was bloody anouying and if i returned to Shanghai i would be looking at the Okura Garden hotel or Jin Jiang Hotel (same area ) or a garantee from the Tower hotel they had delt with this issue .
One more thing , being a tall building i thought i would be waiting for lifts all the time but they were excellent , fast and never kept me waiting .

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank GBeno
Jill W, Public Relations Manager at Jin Jiang Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2012

Warm greetings from Jin Jiang Tower Shanghai!

Thank you very much for choosing Jin Jiang Tower during your stay in Shanghai and taking the time to submit a review. We apologize for the security work in the hotel. To avoid the persistant disturbance to the guests and the hotel as well, we keep making efforts to enhance the security and are now undertakint the renovation project of the elevator to allow only the in-house guest to use it. We truly appreciate your positive comments for the location and restaurant staff. Your concern about the in room wifi and room facility will be tried hard to improve. We hope to offer you a better experience upon your return.

We look forward to having you back and hope we have the opportunity to impress you!

Reviewed 29 October 2012

Good hotel for a quick stay in Shanghai. Very nice room, although bathroom tired. Excellent gym. Great breakfast buffet. Well located within walking distance to Old Street and waterfront (for the fit). We dined at an excellent little bistro type restaurant down the road, wonderful food and super cheap and very relaxed casual dining. (English difficult but possible). (Go out the front of the hotel and turn left and walk no more than about 50m). Nice bar area, and all round a good stay although brief, but will come back to this hotel for sure.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vicki B

Warm greetings from Jin Jiang Tower Shanghai!

Thank you very much for sharing your comments regarding your experiences with us. We regard all of our guests' feedback as an important tool for our training and improvement.

We look forward to having you back again!

Reviewed 9 August 2012

Great property to stay. Rooms are good, huge windows. My room had a unblocked sunrise view, which was the best thing for me.
The place is close to the famous Nanjing road and other areas.
I stayed only one night so did not eat there, but there are many options close by.

Room Tip: High floor and east side!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Jill W, Public Relations Manager at Jin Jiang Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2012

Warm greetings from Jin Jiang Tower Shanghai!

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to share what you enjoyed most about your stay . We are especially grateful for your comments and hope you get more and more familiar with Jin Jiang Hotels, the largest hotel management group in the Asia.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 1 August 2012

Beware...the rooms are large and definitely setup for business, but with that comes some really nice luxuries, made all the better for us as we were at the end of a long trip around china.

It is ideally placed for the metro, and within quick easy walk or tube of everywhere you might want to go.

The huge glass wall from bathroom to bedroom is interesting...but being able to watch the tele either in the bath shower or even on the loo is curious, (far more people will be trying it than admitting it!!!) Get the right room, and the views are superb.

It is very clean, efficient and a great place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments regarding your experiences at Jin Jiang Tower Shanghai.
We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and were comfortable in your room.
The room type is an attempt we made to create more open space in the room. Concerning about the acceptence for all the guests, we provide a curtain for your choice.

Jin Jiang Hotels is the largest hotel management group in China. We hope you may get more and more familiar with the brand during your next trip to China.

We look forward to welcoming you back!