“Beautiful wiew in Shangai”

Jin Jiang Tower Hotel
Ranked #124 of 5,105 Hotels in Shanghai
Bursa, Turkey
“Beautiful wiew in Shangai”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The hotel staff are very friendly and the location and price for stay was very reasonable. Room was clean and everyday cleaning. Room wiew is amazingon the 31th floor.
pool and sauna was good . breakfast you 'll have a lot of choice.

Room Tip: changle road side is amazing wiew.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Jill W, Manager at Jin Jiang Tower Hotel, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Guest:

It was really great to heard that you have enjoyed your stay with us and Thank you very much for your support to JinJiang Tower!
We are Looking forward to your next visit and enjoy memorable stay with us!

Best wishes.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 25 June 2014

A friend of ours recommended Jin Jiang Tower couple of years ago and we have stayed in the hotel back in March 2013.
The hotel is in a great location, close to shopping and restaurants.
Clean and reasonable size room.
Most of the staff was friendly and helpful.
Without doubt we would consider staying at the hotel in the future

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Jill W, Manager at Jin Jiang Tower Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments regarding your experiences at Jin Jiang Tower Shanghai.
We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and were comfortable in your room.
.Jin Jiang Hotels is the largest hotel management group in China. We hope you may get more and more familiar with the brand during your next trip to China.

We look forward to welcoming you back!
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I’ve stayed in this hotel in two occasions in the period of one week. First time was for a single night and the second time was for a couple of nights.
Hotel looks impressive from outside – almost 50 floors tall tower with the rooms all around and the impression remains while walking into a huge lobby.
On one side of the lobby is a bar/buffet restaurant used for breakfast in the morning and a buffet style dinner in the afternoon. There is also a small gift shop and an exchange machine and an ATM. In the opposite corner there is a reception counter with English speaking receptionists. Although I didn’t I use it myself business centre is located in the lobby as well.
Impressiveness disappears once you enter room floors – I’ve stayed on two different ones and the carpets do show some tear and wear – but I guess this is as expected as hotel is already a bit old.
As standard access is provided with key card – what I like with this one is that its RF-ID operated and doesn’t have magnetic strip, which in my experiences always causes the problems. You also have to use the card in the elevator for access to room floors.
Originally a booked a Delux city view rooms; in the first occasion I’ve got free upgrade, according to receptionist, but I doubt this was the case as both rooms looked pretty much the same, actually the first room shown even more tear and wear.
Rooms
Rooms itself are spacious, with 180 cm wide bed, flat tv working desk, chair, futon, safe, mini bar, bathrobe, slippers and other small amenities. I guess TV was designed to be watch from the futon and not from the bed. (it was installed on the wall left from the bed)
Even though room were spacious bathrooms were tiny. With door opened there was approx. 10 cm between edge of the door and the toilet. They have all the small amenities that you’d expect – the only thing missing was shower gel – there were shampoo, conditioner, body lotion and bath foam. There are showers above bath, first bathroom had ceiling mounted shower as well. The second bathroom had a Japanese style toiled seat – something I didn’t expect to see 
Overall hotel is pleasant and offers great value per price and I’d stay there once more. The downside are a very high prices in hotel restaurant(s) – 280 RMB for buffet dinner, 38 RMB for bottle of water and approx. 50 RMB for a small (330ml) beer. Another annoying thing is also a security deposit of 500 RMB per night!!! I don’t know why this is necessary, I didn’t see it in other hotels I stayed in china, even higher starred, and not even all the things in minibar are worth 500 RMB.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Jill W, Manager at Jin Jiang Tower Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2014

Warm greetings from Jin Jiang Tower Shanghai!

Thank you very much for sharing your comments regarding your experiences with us. We regard all of our guests' feedback as an important tool for our improvement.

We look forward to having you back again!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This hotel is in the French Concession area. So, if you want to walk around and explore, this is the perfect base to do it from. I did not take the Metro but it's not far. I never had a hard time getting a taxi out front. The staff is very helpful getting the cab driver to understand where you want to go. They also gave me fairly decent estimates of cost.

I had a Deluxe city view room with a nice view towards Pudong. My room was very nice - comparable to a nice Marriott (not the JW Marriotts) or Hyatt in the US with less comfortable beds than a Marriott. I do wish my pillow had been a little better but I'm nit picking. The halls are a little worn and the lobby is very dated but who cares if the rooms are nice, location good, and the price is right? I had no problems with the front desk staff or the wifi. The wifi in China is slow. Make sure you have a VPN service if you want to check Gmail.

I pre-ordered a SIM card and had it delivered to the hotel. It was a bit difficult to retrieve it since the hotel staff has limited English but we all somehow got by. They can arrange to get a SIM card for you for a small fee.

The hotel staff do kind of freak out if you have not arranged for breakfast in advance. You have to pay extra and they just can't understand it if you forget and then have breakfast. The breakfast buffet is has omelets, European style items, and a Chinese breakfast. It was quite good but I like Chinese breakfast. I ate in the restaurant upstairs one night and it was not great and the restaurant is rather bleak (no windows). I recommend walking around the corner to one of the local restaurants instead.

There is an ATM in the lobby that worked great. Very convenient.

This would be my first choice going back unless cost was no object.

Room Tip: The Deluxe City Room Views are worth the money.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Jill W, Manager at Jin Jiang Tower Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest:

Warm greetings from Jin Jiang Tower Shanghai!

Thank you very much for your comments after your recent stay with us.
I regret that you have experienced some inconvenience in terms of service and quality. All concerned issues have been thoroughly reviewed with the concerned Department Heads and related staff to avoid similar incidents in near the future.

I very much appreciate your constructive criticism, as it helps us improving our standards and
I take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us .
We are looking forword your next visit to Shanghai,Jin Jiang Tower.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Location is ok, 10 minute walk from Metro line 1. It is not easy to get taxi in Shanghai, better locate near metro.

Booked standard deluxe room (9~12/F) and be upgraded to Deluxe Panoramic room @13/F which is newly decorated w/ bigger bathroom. Front-desk took some time to search my booking during check-in because my travel agent add "NA" in front of my name.

Bell boy is busy in day time that may not help all room guest to carry luggage to the room, but they will open the door when taxi arrives, ok service.

Five star facilities inside the room based on international standard (not old-style Chinese standard), e.g. welcome fruit basket, traditional alarm clock.. except internet/wifi access is still chargeable, 80RMB per day. Outside the room, I may say it is ~4.5 star comparing with those luxury brand hotel

Seems missing a little table in the room, forget to ask room service to add back

Air-conditioner seems not balance, right/bed side is cold while left/desk side is a little bit hot

Bathroom windows are see-through from the bed, better ask your room-mate before booking this room type

One reminder is, breakfast restaurant is not big enough to cater for so many guests in Sunday morning that need to queue up to wait for a table after 9am, both food and service is ok

Room Tip: Different price give different room type, better room type are always in higher floor
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Jill W, Manager at Jin Jiang Tower Hotel, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear valued Guest:

Warm greetings from Jin Jiang Tower Shanghai!

Thank you very much for your comments after your recent stay with us.

I take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us and hope to welcome you back, so we can prove that we can indeed do better.

Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Very nicely situated, beautiful rooms, nice views from the 21st floor. Good little gym (with a fabulous view). A bit frustrating that they didn't have a business center or a way to easily print a document (though I'm sure it would have been easier if I spoke Mandarin).

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Jill W, Guest Relations Manager at Jin Jiang Tower Hotel, responded to this review, 10 June 2014

Warm greetings from Jin Jiang Tower Shanghai!

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your most stay with us.

We are so pleased to know you are satisfied with the room and gym.We have already shared your comments with my colleagues. Next time if you need print service of business center please tell GRO or AM in the lobby.They'll help you.
Please know that we would be eager to have you back again in the future.

Best Wishes!
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel with a friend in December 2013. Our first impression upon entering the hotel lobby was that the hotel was very luxurious and was most definitely a 5 star hotel. The staff were very professional and helped us retrieve our bags from the taxi. They proceeded to show us to the reception to check in and then led us to our room carrying our bags for us.

The hotel is located in a cute, hipster suburb, where there are lots of clothing boutiques and cafes. The nearest metro station (South Shanxi Rd- Line 1 and Line 10) was about a 7-10 minute walk, where a really good shopping centre and food court is located. I definitely recommend going to the food court downstairs and checking out the cheap eats. A lot of popular sights to visit were very easily accessed by the two train lines accompanied by a short walk.

The room was very bright and super comfortable. The curtains were quite effective in shielding out the bright sky. The bathroom had a hybrid shower/bath and the pressure from the water was great. The TV in the room had an extensive list of channels.

A major con is that this hotel does not provide complimentary free WIFI. Instead, they have a business centre in the lobby where there are 2 computers - one in English and one in Chinese. You can either use your credit card or buy cards from the lobby loaded with money. This process was quite troublesome, as we opted to go for the latter option. At the time of our visit, the hotel was only able to give us cards that had a maximum of 10 RMB/card, which allows about 5 minutes. Once the card was swiped, you could use the computer, but after 5 minutes the system only gives you 30 seconds to swipe your next card or the whole computer reboots and switches off. This was tiring, as the machine where you swipe your card is not next to the computer, but in the next room.

The taxi system in this hotel was ridiculous. The hotel doesn’t call for taxi’s when you need one, instead you have to wait in a taxi line in the lobby. Although, not all the taxi’s that drove past the hotel were hailed from the street by staff. It seemed like the only ones that were called in were on their payroll, hence waiting for the taxi was extremely agitating as we were in a rush to get to the airport to make our flight. I’d recommend exiting the hotel and hailing one off the street on your own.

Upon check in, we had to give a 2000 RMB deposit in either cash or on our credit card. When we were checking out, the receptionist had to be prompted by us to return the deposit. This is just a tip in the future, to ensure the staff do not forget.

Although there were many hiccups in our stay, I would definitely still recommend this hotel. For what is offered, the hotel price is well worth it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Whittytravels
Jill W, Manager at Jin Jiang Tower Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from Jin Jiang Tower Shanghai. Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to post your review of your most recent stay with us.

I am grateful to know that you enjoy the enviroment and location. We will take your comments regarding the auto BC system、Taxi service 、 the deposit service of front desk into further consideration for our improvement. We are always pleased to know what our guests value most!

Please know that we would be eager to have the opportunity to serve you better in the future. I hope that we have the opportunity to having you back at Jin Jiang Tower Shanghai!