“Good”

Ranked #12 of 5,111 Hotels in Shanghai
A TripAdvisor Member
Beijing, China
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Service and food is good! This is a old hotel but still worth to stay! The location is cool, subway is just under the building, Zhongshan park is in front of the hotel! !!!!!!! It is too much requirement, i can't put 200 words!!!!! How come you ask me to write that much!!!!!

MarcelvanMierlo, General Manager at New World Shanghai Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent Tripadvisor review! We very much appreciate your feedback and positive remarks about our location and nice comments about our newly renovated Hotel.

We now look forward to see you back here in the New World Shanghai Hotel very soon and I thank you again for your positive comments and Tripadvisor contribution!

There are newer reviews for New World Shanghai Hotel

Reviewed 3 April 2014

It's a competent business hotel. Compared to the Renaissance ( next door) - it's charges were lower, while service was comparable.
The room was a bit smaller- but reasonably big. Had a good view of Zhongshan park.
Buffet breakfast was quite good and spa/fitness facilities were good- though it was not possible to use the pool due to the cold weather ( it's outdoors)
Other dining options were good including the cantonese cuisine restaurant. And room service was quite good.
Would stay again - if travelling on business.

Room Tip: The ones facing the park, and the higher floor
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Vikrant,

Thank you for your recent Tripadvisor review! We truly appreciate your kind feedback and positive remarks about our hotel. Especially coming from a seasoned traveler as yourself we hope your comments will inspire other guests to come try us out also.

I appreciate your nice comments about our newly renovated hotel and facilities and Value for Money proposition. Your kind comment about the Food and Beverage outlets have been shared with the F&B team to act as encouragement for them to continue delighting our guests. I am also happy to inform you that our outdoor pool will be opening again soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I stayed in the New World Shanghai Hotel for 2 nights in March. The location is very convenient. Walking along Dingxi Road, there are lots of restaurants, convenient shops and places for shopping. It is located just next to a metro station. Unfortunately, I haven't got a chance to experience the metro service in Shanghai.
My room has a good view to Changning Road and the park.
The price (~RMB5xx without breakfast) is reasonable compared with other hotels at such a convenient location.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear JohnsonHongKong,

Thank you for your recent Tripadvisor review!

We appreciate your observation about our convenient location right across the famous Zhongshan Park and on top of the metro station with three popular metro lines serving it and in between both Shanghai airports. Thank you also about your comment about our value for money product, something that is echoed by many of our guests.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

this is my first time to new world shanghai hotel. I got a nice trip here.good location, good service! the hotel has nice lobby, and warmly and friendly staff, always smile. I paid rmb300 for upgrade to R club room then I can go 38 the lounge to have my nice breakfast! I have a new friend,named caroline who works in R club lounge. she is a nice girl, and friendly. she helps me lot, such as the informations and the best service for the breakfast. I'd like to advice all of your choose the R club room, you may also use the R club meeting room 2hours for free per night, its quite good for business. overall a nice hotel. I like it! my best choice for this trip

Room Tip: R club room with park view
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
MarcelvanMierlo, General Manager at New World Shanghai Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Ivy N,

Thank you for your recent Tripadvisor review! We truly appreciate your kind feedback positive remarks about our hotel and hope your comments will inspire other guests to come try us out also.

I appreciate your nice comments about our newly renovated Residence Club Rooms and Residence Club Living Room on the 38th Floor. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel and facilities and thank you for your nice comments about our Associates and facilities.

Thank you also for the kind remarks about Caroline. I am sure your observations will act as encouragement for her and Residence Club team of Associates to continue to delight our guests. We appreciate your observation about our convenient location right across the famous Zhongshan Park and on top of the metro station with three popular metro lines serving it and in between both Shanghai airports.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

My stay in New World Hotel was very comfortable. The staff are friendly and always have time for you. Exceptionally well performing is the team leader (Anna). Hope the English language level for all staff can be lifted to her standard. I have face some lack of communication skills especially in the restaurant, room service and gym facilities.

Overall a a good hotel 8.5 out of 10. :)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
MarcelvanMierlo, General Manager at New World Shanghai Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear Roman839,

Thank you for your recent Tripadvisor review! We truly appreciate your kind feedback and comments about our newly renovated hotel. We hope your comments will inspire other guests to come try us out also and we look forward to see you back here in the New World Shanghai Hotel very soon.

Thank you also for the nice comments about our helpful staff and especially your kind remarks about Anna which I am sure will act as encouragement for her and our other associates to continue to delight our guests. Your comments about the English language levels have been noted and I am happy to inform you that the hotel has employed a part-time English Teacher to help improve the language skills of our associates.

I thank you again for your positive comments!

Reviewed 11 March 2014

The time in this Hotel was again perfect, The new design of the Hotel, rooms, bathroom, Lounge etc. is excellent, The Service is top, every one is extremly friendly and helpful, It started at check in that a Lady with smile helped me immidiately with cash for the taxi driver and I had give it back in the next time without time pressure, perfect. Good recommendation for an upgrade room and every time with a smile, called Anna An. Yes the next time I will stay again on this perfect place to releaxe and make business. Thanks

Room Tip: the rooms need a I phone Music box holder
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
MarcelvanMierlo, General Manager at New World Shanghai Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Ralf F,

Thank you for your recent Tripadvisor review! We truly appreciate your kind feedback and positive comments about our hotel.

Thank you for the nice comments about our newly renovated hotel and friendly service. I also appreciate your positive remarks about Anna An which will most certainly be shared with her and will act as encouragement for her and other colleagues to continue delighting our guests. We now look forward to see you back here in the New World Shanghai Hotel very soon

I thank you again for your positive comments and Tripadvisor contribution!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

This is a hotel where you get personal service, staff use your name and have trained to pay attention to the details. Staff English levels in telecom, restaurant, bar and housekeeping of a good standard. First nights room service food arrived in good time, hot, well presented and thankfully without MSG. This is a great hotel that wins my repeat custom.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Zhuang888
MarcelvanMierlo, General Manager at New World Shanghai Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear Zhuang888,

Thank you also for the nice comments about our helpful staff and especially your kind remarks about the English levels of our team are appreciated. Your positive experience with our Room Service will also be shared with the team and will surely act as encouragement for them and our other associates to continue to delight our guests. I appreciate your time and effort to share this with us and other Tripadvisor readers.

I thank you again for your positive comments!