I have stayed in quite a few 5 star hotels in Shanghai and the Shangrila in Pudong is one of the best if not the best. You really can't go wrong staying in a Shangrila hotel in Asia - the service, hotel ambience and rooms have the same consistent quality and standard. On the business side, the conference facilities are excellent and organisation very smooth and efficient.
This hotel is very conveniently located within Pudong area and within a short walking distance to the IFC Mall, other restaurants and shopping centers, the Pudong telecommunications tower, etc. A taxi ride of 15 minutes will get you to the Xinyang market on the basement of the Science and Technology center where you can buy all the stuff such as bags (fake), shoes, toys, clothes, etc.
The rooms are spacious with free WIFI and the beds are one of the most comfortable we have slept in. We investigated and realised that this is because they have an extra thick double-layer feather down mattress cover, on top of the mattress !
The food is really good in this hotel - breakfast spread is one of the best with all types of juices, usual western spread as well as local Chinese breakfast such as congee, all types noodles, dim sums, Indian bread and murtabak as well as nasi lemak. Fook Lam Moon, the Cantonese restaurant is really exceptional and the Cantonese dishes are really top class (although it can be on the pricey side).
The views from the rooms (if staying on the river view rooms) are fantastic and you get a great visual of the Bund opposite the river. There is even a ferry just outside the hotel on the river and a short 10 to 15 minutes ride (for RMB2) will take you to the opposite side on the Bund and where the Waldorf Astoria hotel is located.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As Shanghai's preeminent hotel, Pudong Shangri-La, East Shanghai offers business and leisure travellers the perfect combination of comfort, service and convenience. Located on the Huangpu River in Shanghai's vibrant Lujiazui financial district, directly opposite the historic Bund, the hotel enjoys easy access to the city's most famous sites. Hongqiao Airport can be reached in just 35 minutes and Pudong Airport in 45 minutes.The hotel comprises a luxurious collection of well-appointed guestrooms and suites in two distinctive wings: the 577-room classic River Wing and the 375-room contemporary and exclusive Grand Tower. All rooms feature panoramic views of the Bund, the Huangpu River or Pudong's spectacular skyline.The prestigious Grand Tower provides some of Shanghai's most luxurious and spacious accommodation. It is also home to the Horizon Club, which offers guests the highest level of personalised service and attention. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Agoda, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Pudong Shangri-La, East Shanghai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pudong Shangri-La Shanghai Hotel Shanghai
- Pudong Shangri La Hotel Shanghai
- Shangri La Shanghai