We returned from the above trip of 12 days full of information and memories of a wonderful trip. The Shangr-la hotel was excellent. Lovely rooms and amazing breakfast selection.
The organisation of the whole trip was faultless and the standard of all accommodation was highly luxurious with exemplary standards of service .We started in Shanghai for two days then 5 days up the Yangtze in a lovely river cruise boat, one night in Xian to see pandas, finishing with 2 days in Beijing.
The boat only had about 240 people on it so was small enough not to feel swamped. The food on board was of a very high standard.The company were very well organised with a daily news paper informing us of where we were going the next day and the option of going to a talk on the trips out .
We were assigned a knowledgeable guide for the whole trip. There were 18 people in the group. Our guide Jenna was excellent,looked after us very well and gave us lots of information,sharing her life's experience of growing up in a rapidly developing China. She could not have done more for us.Whenever we needed to change venues our luggage was collected from outside our door, we were taken to the airport and handed our boarding cards.So easy!
We saw so many marvellous sights and Jenna just seemed to bypass any queues so that we did not waste any time. There was an option of buying a drinks package on the boat although house wine and beer are included in the cost of the holiday; you really needed to be a dedicated drinker to do it justice!
I am pleased we did this trip from Shanghai to Beijing rather than the other way round as the first part of the Yangtze was very industrial with chemical factories on the banks. Many barges carrying rubble and chemicals. As we moved up towards the Three Gorges Dam the scenery became more rural and attractive.
Beijing was a good place to end the trip as we were able to see the main highlights of the trip i.e. Terracotta army, The Great Wall and The Forbidden City.
The whole trip was very busy and we were up and out most days by 8am. We would never have seen so many sights in twelve days if this had not been the case
I can not fault The Viking River Cruise company, their organisation, value for money, standards and care made our holiday a really amazing experience
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As Shanghai's preeminent hotel, Pudong Shangri-La, East Shanghai offers business and leisure travellers the perfect combination of comfort, service and convenience. Located on the Huangpu River in Shanghai's vibrant Lujiazui financial district, directly opposite the historic Bund, the hotel enjoys easy access to the city's most famous sites. Hongqiao Airport can be reached in just 35 minutes and Pudong Airport in 45 minutes.The hotel comprises a luxurious collection of well-appointed guestrooms and suites in two distinctive wings: the 577-room classic River Wing and the 375-room contemporary and exclusive Grand Tower. All rooms feature panoramic views of the Bund, the Huangpu River or Pudong's spectacular skyline.The prestigious Grand Tower provides some of Shanghai's most luxurious and spacious accommodation. It is also home to the Horizon Club, which offers guests the highest level of personalised service and attention. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Agoda, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Pudong Shangri-La, East Shanghai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pudong Shangri-La Shanghai Hotel Shanghai
- Pudong Shangri La Hotel Shanghai
- Shangri La Shanghai