I stayed in this hotel for 4 days with my own family and my sister's family. My niece is eight years old and is highly allergic to peanut . For this reason,my sister is very reluctant to visit China as peanut oil is very commonly used in most cooking. Hence I emailed to many 5 star hotels beforehand and enquired which cooking oil is used. Shangrila was the only hotel that gave me a very positive and reassuring response that soy bean oil is used throughout the restaurants. The assistant director of food and beverage manager wrote to me on several occasions, the chef answered my questions through emails and on my arrival, they even came to greet us at the lobby. We stayed at the Horizon deluxe room at the grand tower and spent all of our meals at the club lounge. We were greeted by the chef again at the lounge and was provided with special meals made especially for my niece. During our visit to Yi Cafe where we had buffet dinner, the head chef of Yi Cafe took us around the restaurant and introduced to us what meals could be taken and not taken by my niece. We were so impressed with this arrangement ! This is really six stars service and attention. My niece could relax and enjoy all the meals provided by the hotel. The food was very tasty too. My sister would definitely choose Shangrila again for future trips to China. Thank you Shangrila and especially to all the chef we met and Mr Leonardo Morales, the assistance director of food and beverage of Pudong Shangrila. Wonderful six star service !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As Shanghai's preeminent hotel, Pudong Shangri-La, East Shanghai offers business and leisure travellers the perfect combination of comfort, service and convenience. Located on the Huangpu River in Shanghai's vibrant Lujiazui financial district, directly opposite the historic Bund, the hotel enjoys easy access to the city's most famous sites. Hongqiao Airport can be reached in just 35 minutes and Pudong Airport in 45 minutes.The hotel comprises a luxurious collection of well-appointed guestrooms and suites in two distinctive wings: the 577-room classic River Wing and the 375-room contemporary and exclusive Grand Tower. All rooms feature panoramic views of the Bund, the Huangpu River or Pudong's spectacular skyline.The prestigious Grand Tower provides some of Shanghai's most luxurious and spacious accommodation. It is also home to the Horizon Club, which offers guests the highest level of personalised service and attention. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Pudong Shangri-La, East Shanghai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pudong Shangri-La Shanghai Hotel Shanghai
- Pudong Shangri La Hotel Shanghai
- Shangri La Shanghai