Arrived at the hotel as the firs stop with a Viking River Tour itinerary.
The room we had was simple and pretty. The bed was very comfortable, the room impeccably clean. It was the perfect soft landing after a long flight. Our room had a great view of the river. It was quiet and dark at night (important stuff to me at least).
The exercise facilities were very nice, and VERY clean. The hot tub was nice and hot, unlike some hotels that keep it barely warm.
The staff members we encountered throughout the hotel were all friendly and helpful. If there was a language barrier, they were quick to find the next available person to help….and really; the barrier is completely my fault. I can’t speak a stitch of Chinese!
The breakfast buffet was out of this world. There were stations from all over the world and the food wasn’t ‘passable’ as I typically aim for out of a buffet, but it was GOOD. Really good.
Located conveniently in the heart of Pudong, this hotel is in the middle of food, and shopping and excess! The area is VERY western, though you can hop to the other side of the river and find the older town (beyond the edge of the river which is lined with turn of the century Euro style buildings).
A great stay. A+
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As Shanghai's preeminent hotel, Pudong Shangri-La, East Shanghai offers business and leisure travellers the perfect combination of comfort, service and convenience. Located on the Huangpu River in Shanghai's vibrant Lujiazui financial district, directly opposite the historic Bund, the hotel enjoys easy access to the city's most famous sites. Hongqiao Airport can be reached in just 35 minutes and Pudong Airport in 45 minutes.The hotel comprises a luxurious collection of well-appointed guestrooms and suites in two distinctive wings: the 577-room classic River Wing and the 375-room contemporary and exclusive Grand Tower. All rooms feature panoramic views of the Bund, the Huangpu River or Pudong's spectacular skyline.The prestigious Grand Tower provides some of Shanghai's most luxurious and spacious accommodation. It is also home to the Horizon Club, which offers guests the highest level of personalised service and attention. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Ebookers, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, TravelUp, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pudong Shangri-La, East Shanghai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pudong Shangri-La Shanghai Hotel Shanghai
- Pudong Shangri La Hotel Shanghai
- Shangri La Shanghai