“Simply the best”

Ranked #27 of 5,104 Hotels in Shanghai
Toronto, Canada
“Simply the best”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I travel 80-85% globally for business, frequently red eye flights of long duration, so a home away from home seems like an illusion.
so many hotels advertise 5 star service when they really mean high price low service.
Shangri-La Pudong is the exception to the rule.

From your airport pick up to drop off it is one seamless flow of guest goodwill with a smile and service integrity.
Where else do employes run to grab an elevator for you, move flipcharts with a smile,charge you fairly for extended stay, and serve the best in food.

Room Tip: use the executive tower
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Peter C, General Manager at Pudong Shangri-La, East Shanghai, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Peter 1290,

Thank you for choosing the Pudong Shangri-La Hotel for you recent visit to Shanghai. I appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor and I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay. My team will be thrilled with your comments as we strive for perfection daily as it's never easy to achieve. I am thrilled you took the time to share. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Peter Clarke,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Luoyang - Henan Province
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I am always happy staying at Marriott, but at Shangri-la is even better... Everything is impeccable... great details that make a huge difference, from the services to the location absolutely perfect!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

Dear Maria Luisa M,

Thank you for choosing the Pudong Shangri-La Hotel for you recent visit to Shanghai. I do appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled you enjoyed our hotel, river front location and service so much. We have the most amazing views of the Bund and the River over any other hotel in Shanghai, I am happy you had time to enjoy. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Pudong Shangri-La or any Shangri-La in the future.

Orlando
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

Happy with every aspect of the hotel. Had a room with spectacular view of the bund. Hotel is so big, it has more than one main entrance - check before unloading your luggage.

Could not hv been more pleased with my stay. Regrettably, I Did not get to try restaurants.

Good job, mgmt & staff!

• Stayed October 2013
Dear TinyThots,

Thank you for choosing the Pudong Shangri-La Hotel for you recent visit to Shanghai. I appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor and I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay. I do hope on the next visit you have time to visit one of our 10 dining options in the hotel, I'm sure we will not disappoint. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Connecticut
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Have stayed here many times and have had mostly very positive experiences. This last time was still good, but a little wear is showing, both in the facilities and also the service levels. Was initially given a room on a non-smoking floor that just wreaked of cigarettes. Rather than give me a similar room (or even an upgrade), was given a room with twin beds that seemed smaller. Mold was apparent in the shower stall. It was quiet, but overall made for a lesser ambiance and experience compared to earlier visits.

Room Tip: You want to be high up and face the Bund
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Aipotu,

Thank you for choosing the Pudong Shangri-La Hotel for you recent visit to Shanghai. I do appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am very sorry that your stay was not up to our usual standards nor your expectations. As a frequent traveler I really do appreciate your comments. I apologize for the smoking room allocation and the poor follow through from my team, if you wouldn't mind contacting me offline at peter.clarke@shangri-la.com so I can further review the situation, I would greatly appreciate it.

I do hope you allow us annother opportunity to welcome you back in the future where we can make up for your previous experience.

Beechworth, Australia
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Just spent 5 days at Shangri-la Pudong and like the other Shangri-la hotels we have stayed at the service, location & amenities are superb. Paying the extra for Horizon Club privileges is money well spent - the staff are wonderful and very attentive & helpful. The Jade Bar on the 36th floor has magnificent views and a dangerous cocktail list. The breakfast buffet was just incredible - very hard to resist over-eating cuisines from all over the world for breaky - I couldn't!! Rooms were kept spotless and restocked every day. The river view rooms have magnificent views of the Huangpu River, particularly at night time, and the Bund. The only minor gripe is that papers were not delivered every day but all up we loved it.

Room Tip: River view bund suites are superb
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Lucille,

Thank you for choosing the Pudong Shangri-La Hotel for you recent visit to Shanghai. I do appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay, the views and services overall. I am thrilled you had to time to over indulge at our Breakfast Buffet, it certainly can become not only the most important but the only meal of the day....I am sorry about the newspaper delivery however we only receive our international papers in the late afternoon from Hong Kong, I apologize for this. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Pudong Shangri-La in the not to distant future I hope.

Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2013

What a great hotel. Fantastic setting, right on the river overlooking Shanghai. Rooms were great, place was immaculate. Staff freindly and helpfull. Jade Bar was a nice setting for a quiet drink with great views over the river and city. Food and drink in the hotel were a bit on the expensive side but that's what you might expect for the type of hotel it is.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Peter C, General Manager at Pudong Shangri-La, East Shanghai, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Raymondo1951,

Thank you for choosing the Pudong Shangri-La Hotel for you recent visit to Shanghai. I appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor and I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay. From Views to Food and Beverage to service, it was a perfect experience and I am thrilled you took the time to share. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Pudong Shangri-La in the not to distant future I hope.

Singapore
Reviewed 13 November 2013

On checking in, the customer service officer walked me to my room. The airport transfer was professional and smart. The room was immaculately clean, house keeping took extra care to layout my numerous skin care lotions by height of bottle. It was amazing the attention to details. I will definitely stay here any time

• Stayed October 2013
Dear ilivetotravel4ever,

Thank you for choosing the Pudong Shangri-La Hotel for you recent visit to Shanghai. I love your trip advisor name, hopefully Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts can be a big part of your travel 4 ever plan!!!!! I do appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay. I am so happy you had a seamless experience from your arrival at Pudong Airport to your hotel room. I have also recognized our room attendant who took care of you during your stay, thank you for highlighting that detail. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Pudong Shangri-La in the not to distant future I hope.