“I will be back again.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 4,941 Hotels in Shanghai
Beijing
“I will be back again.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

I had great stay with my family, although it was short but very comfortable with home feeling away from home. Staffs are outstanding and take very iniciative to go out of their box to make our stay great! This is the place that you should stay while visit Shanghai. The hotel location is the best of the best in Shanghai. I have stayed with lots of other brand hotels like Westin, InterContinental, Sheraton, St' Regis and so on, not many of them can actually compare with the services from Shangri-La not only Pudong but also other Shangri-La hotels in the world.
Thank you!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank Shenyu H
Peter C, General Manager at Pudong Shangri-La, East Shanghai, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear Shenyu H,

Thank you for choosing the Pudong Shangri-La Hotel again for you recent visit to Shanghai. I do appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled enjoyed our wonderful hotel and enjoyed our outstanding team, thank you for highlighting them. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future.

Peter Clarke,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (416)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

A friend and I stayed here for a short break and were, as always, delighted with the unfailing Shangri La hospitality. Unfortunately, we booked too late to get rooms on the Horizon floor but our standard rooms were luxurious and didn't disappoint.

Having been unlucky with the wet and windy weather on our arrival from Hong Kong, we settled down for a Spa / pool session to begin with and so started our tour of the city refreshed and relaxed. The Spa is fabulous and a great experience; the pool is very inviting and the fitness room well equipped. Being in the Pudong business district, the hotel is a short ride from the main city but there is plenty to compensate for that.

The hotel Cafe provides the usual tempting Shangri La style buffet meal throughout the day, with numerous international cooking stations. Breakfast time can be very hectic, but the efficient waiting staff remain in control of proceedings! At dinner, for a very modest supplement, you can choose from a list of excellent wines as part of the deal. One evening, we opted for the gourmet Chinese restaurant and enjoyed one of the best meals of its kind we've had in 3 years in Asia.

The spectacle of the city lights from the restaurants is truly engaging and it's great to walk along the river during the day, with the famous view across to the Bund. Looking forward to going back again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Asiatravelhopper
Dear Asiatravelhopper,

Thank you for choosing the Pudong Shangri-La Hotel for you recent visit to Shanghai. I appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled you loved your stay, we do offer some of the best views in the city and our restaurant offerings are unmatched in the city. AS a seasoned traveller I really appreciate your comments.

I do hope we have an opportunity in the future to welcome you back to the Pudong Shangri-La.

Munich, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

Over the years I have stayed at numerous hotels all over the world - business hotels as well as holiday resorts. What I can say about the Pudong Shangri La is that it has set the standard for all other hotels, and none have been able to meet this standard.

For over 10 years I have been staying there, typically at the River Wing with a view of the Bund. That by itself is a wonderful experience.

The rooms are wonderful - arrangement, colours, furniture - absolutely great. I can truly say I feel like at home.

The Horizon Club (River Wing) is another wonderful experience I can only recommend. The staff is absolutely attentive and friendly. The snacks and breakfast offered fabulous.

Favoring the Pudong side over the Puxi side, the hotel is located in the heart of Pudong. Many shops around sight seeing can be easily arranged by means of taxi.

A hotel I can only recommend and which truy deserves all credits!

Room Tip: The BUND VIEW ROOMS are an absolute must - in particular at night
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Oliver K
Peter C, General Manager at Pudong Shangri-La, East Shanghai, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear Oliver K

Thank you for choosing the Pudong Shangri-La Hotel for you recent visit to Shanghai. I appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled you have been a loyal guest for the past 10 years, you must make yourself known to me on your next trip. I would love to meet you . I do hope we have another opportunity in the future to welcome you back to the Pudong Shangri-La.

Shanghai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

Stayed for a stay-cation/birthday treat over Chinese New Year and enjoyed it so much we stayed for an extra day. We stayed in the Bund view Horizon Club room in the Tower. The Club staff were extremely helpful from top to bottom. We even got seating advice for our next trip to Vancouver!
We like it so much that we are returning. They can even arrange a Rolls Royce for airport pickup.

Room Tip: The Bund view rooms offer wonderful views but most in the Tower have good views regardless based on...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank IM4SATB
Dear IM4SATB

Thank you for choosing the Pudong Shangri-La Hotel for you recent visit to Shanghai. I do appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled that overall you enjoyed our hotel,and extended for an additional night, the best compliment we could get. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Pudong Shangri-La and I hope the advise for the Vancouver Trip was useful. We have a beautiful Shangri-La Hotel there also.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

From the arrival to departure, the feeling of staying at Shangri-la is like a prestige family home.

The smiles and passion in them in servicing you makes this hotel my default stay whenever I come to Shanghai.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

2 Thank Alina T
Dear Alina T,

Thank you for choosing the Pudong Shangri-La Hotel again for you recent visit to Shanghai. I do appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled enjoyed our wonderful hotel and felt the warmth and passion to serve from our team. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future.

Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

We stayed at the Pudong Shangri-La and it was a perfect family getaway. Our son (age 8) was welcomed and enjoyed his time in the Horizon Club, pool, and jacuzzi. He was welcomed by the staff and made to feel at home.

Room Tip: It is worthwhile to book a Horizon Club room hat includes breakfast and light snacks and drinks duri...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank Joel K
Dear Joel K,

Thank you for choosing the Pudong Shangri-La Hotel for you visit to Shanghai. I appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor . I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us in particular the Horizon Club services. As a parent I totally understand the importance of making sure the children are also well care for, it adds to the pleasure of our trips when our children feel welcome and special. I do look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

One night approx. £350 a room + breakfast. This is outrageous, no matter how many bowing flunkies there are to escort you to your room. The room itself was enormous - with 2 desks, a sofa, several chairs, electric curtains, electric blinds, separate dressing room, stupid poetry on your pillow, little white mat by the bed so your (hotel provided) slippered feet need not touch the carpet. So many ridiculous 'extras' which in my opinion count for nothing.

So many switches that I had to get the lift down to the ground floor, to ask a flunky to come and show me how to turn the lights off at night. This place is a triumph of unnecessary bells and whistles. I could not justify it to myself.

Breakfast was however excellent - scrambled egg with lobster no less ! great shame I had to get some work done & couldn't spend the morning grazing.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the view. Ideally get a room facing the river.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank me-myself-i-tp
Sherryn_Bates, Director of Sales & Marketing at Pudong Shangri-La, East Shanghai, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear me-myself-i.tp, Huddersfield,

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay expereince with us. I am pleased you enjoyed the breakfast and the view from the guest rooms. The Hotel offers a variety of value added seasonal specials and these offers are listed on our website, however perhaps I can ask you to contact me direct when you are next visiting Shanghai and I can offer a package that will suit your requirements. I look forward to welcoming you back. sherryn.bates@shangri-La.com

regards