“Exceptional service ”

Pudong Shangri-La, East Shanghai
Ranked #26 of 5,222 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

The exceptional service starts from the moment you book your accommodation. The pre arrival check in speeds everything up upon arrival and gets you into your room quickly. I booked a car to collect me from the airport which had free wifi so I spent the 1 hour trip working. The rooms are spacious and extremely comfortable. I bumped into both the general manager and hotel manager in the lift and I can see where this service culture stems from - these two gentlemen escorted me to the shopping mall

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Peter C, General Manager at Pudong Shangri-La, East Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Vanashark,

Thank you for choosing the Pudong Shangri-La Hotel for you visit to Shanghai. As a Senior Contributor I really appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor .It was a real pleasure meeting you yesterday. I am thrilled you enjoyed the convenience of our Limousine pick up with complimentary wifi, it's a great way to clear some emails and get some work done after a long flight. Clearly this work time in the car allowed you some free time to shop, I hope you found everything you needed in the Mall next door.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Pudong Shangri-La in the near future.

Peter Clarke,

Write a ReviewReviews (3,403)

995 - 1,001 of 3,404 reviews

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay from the beginning to the end.

I arrived quite early in the morning because I had to attend a meeting nearby the hotel. Not only they allowed me an early check-in, as I booked the club room, they welcomed me to have some breakfast before my meeting starts.

In general, I found the staff in this hotel (incl. even the housekeeping lady and porters) to have superior skills in English, so it makes communication a lot easier and my stay more comfortable. I also found all the staff to have hearts of service - all of them, regardless of position and rank, go the extra miles to provide me with superior experience. This is a rare-find, not only in China but also in the regions.

Highly recommended, and I will return without any hesitation.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear Reginald P S,

Thank you for choosing the Pudong Shangri-La Hotel again for you recent trip to Shanghai. I really appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am very happy to learn that our Horizon Club team were so accommodating, I am delighted to read your comment about my teams service passion, they will also be thrilled with this, thank you. I am very proud of the entire team and the level of service they provide to our guests.I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I have stayed at the Pudong Shangri La, Shanghai for over 6 stays and the hotel service is impeccable. the staff is very friendly and the hospitality is warm. The restaurants in both wings - the Grand Tower and River View are superb and the choice of cuisines are great. the hotel is good for both business and leisure stays. There are good restaurants within walking distance as well as great malls. Nice place to stay with a beautiful view of the river. Recommended to most travellers who can afford the room prices and taxes.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Peter C, General Manager at Pudong Shangri-La, East Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Dear Baptista2014,

Thank you for choosing the Pudong Shangri-La Hotel for you visit to Shanghai. I really appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor . I also appreciate your positive feedback about your stay and that you found our location very convenient to your business and leisure needs. I am thrilled you had a great stay and also had some time to enjoy the spectacular views from our rooms. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

It is my only chose ... Shangri la .
I feel I have home all place shangri la have branch...
The staff is so friendly , they will do anything you feel more comfortable.
The location is great , near to pearl tower , IFC mall , aquarium and the bund which all are lovely place

Stayed: March 2014
Peter C, General Manager at Pudong Shangri-La, East Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear L54,

Thank you for choosing the Pudong Shangri-La Hotel again for you recent return visit to Shanghai. As a Senior Contributor and frequent traveller I appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled you loved our warm and friendly Shangri-La experience here and also in other destinations. Indeed our location is spectacular as it is very central to everything and I am so happy you highlighted this for us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Shanghai in the near future.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Very good hotel excellent staff and hospitality and I would say probably the best breakfast in Shanghai
I stayed in the River wing with a river view and it was good value considering the location and view of the Bund

Dear Laurie3eck

Thank you for choosing the Pudong Shangri-La Hotel for you recent visit to Shanghai. I do appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you loved our hotel,I am also very happy you were thrilled by Yi Cafe and our breakfast. I hope hope you will have the opportunity to return again, I look forward to meeting you on your next visit.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I have been at this place several times, and I always arrive at the same conclusion: One of the best hotels I have ever stayed. And this is for a price which is absolutely affordable. This hotel can actually be one of the reasons to visit Shanghai, and if I were forced to name only one reason for that, then it would be the breakfast, beyond all other great aspects (as e.g. the location itself). And then, just on the unique breakfast, I actually do have an improvement proposal: Add Nutella to the buffet, please .... :-)

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
Peter C, General Manager at Pudong Shangri-La, East Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Jagelowsk,

Thank you for choosing the Pudong Shangri-La Hotel again for you recent return visit to Shanghai. As a Contributor and frequent guest I appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled you continue to enjoy our wonderful hotel and especially our amazing breakfast "spread", I will see what I can do about the Nutella spread also.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Shanghai in the near future. I do hope you will make yourself known to be on your next visit so we can ensure we always have Nutella in stock for you.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I was given a room with a view of the bund. room is spacious and big with all you need. Breakfast spread was good with a lot of choices. Near to Super Brand Mall for shopping, Pearl Tower and metro station is about 8 mins away. overall experience is ok.

Dear LydiaSingapore,

Thank you for choosing the Pudong Shangri-La Hotel for you visit to Shanghai. I really appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor . I also appreciate your positive feedback about your stay and that you found our location very central and convenient to your needs. I am thrilled you had a great stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.