“Pudong Paradise”

Ranked #29 of 5,059 Hotels in Shanghai
Holstebro, Denmark
“Pudong Paradise”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Fabulous hotel with excellent views over the Huang Pu river and Shanghai city. As expected with Shangri La, the quality of the hotel is to a very high standard. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. Good location on Pudong within walking distance of all the major amenities and subway. Horizon Club level is well worth the extra cost with views from the lounge outstanding. Will certainly return to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

Peter C, General Manager at Pudong Shangri-La, East Shanghai, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Graeme Y,

Thank you for choosing the Pudong Shangri-La Hotel again for you recent return visit to Shanghai. I appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled you loved our Hotel, our service, views and club lounge in particular. I am happy you found our location to be spectacular and very convenient to the Subway and everything. I am so happy you highlighted this for us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Shanghai in the near future.

Peter Clarke,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights. It was very pleasant, rooms were really nice and clean and the staff was very friendly. Also the health club, swimming pool and spa were excellent. And food was very good. It was easy to move to the Bund side through the sightseeing tunnel, also taxi is cheap.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

Peter C, General Manager at Pudong Shangri-La, East Shanghai, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Sipe62,

Thank you for choosing the Pudong Shangri-La Hotel again for you recent return visit to Shanghai. I appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled you loved our warm and friendly Shangri-La experience here in particular our Health and Leisure options. As you said our location is spectacular as it is very central to everything. I am so happy you highlighted this for us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Shanghai in the near future.

China
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I had stay in Pudong Shangri-la hotel with my lovely friends to celebrate my birthday. I was been so surprised that my room has been upgrade to bund view room and the staff are very friendly and well recognized me with welcome back. When we going to Club the receptionist dress me by name and wish me a very happy birthday. And present very special birthday gift Aquarius Chocolate and amazing birthday cake upon turn down service. Thanks all of yours friendly and hospitality make us have a wonderful time and unforgettable birthday memory there. Hope will have chance staying back soon.

Room Tip: Room with bund view is very nice , especially at night.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Krystal T,

Thank you for choosing the Pudong Shangri-La Hotel again for your return visit to Shanghai. I really appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am delighted you had an excellent Birthday celebration with us stay and I appreciate your comments on the overall experience here. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Pudong Shangri-La in the near future.

Wuhan, China
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We stayed in the river wing which just face to the Huangpu River. It's a hotel with long history but definitely good service. Especially the doorman, elder gentleman, nice and helpful. Suggest to try the Cronuts, sooooo delicious!

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Tammyzhou,

Thank you for choosing the Pudong Shangri-La Hotel for you recent visit to Shanghai. I do appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you loved our hotel and had an excellent stay. I appreciate you recognizing our Doorman, he will be thrilled. Thank you for highlighting the cronuts, you need to come back for more, plus our New Pastry Chef just launched his entire Spring cake collection.... a treat for sure!!

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back on a future visit.

Singapore
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Rooms a little jaded, especially by the Asian 5-star standard, but service staff are excellent. Took the airport limo arrange by hotel, driver bothered to call up the front desk to prepare the necessary check in documentation 5 minutes before arriving

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Dear GreyElephant,

Thank you for choosing the Pudong Shangri-La Hotel for you recent visit to Shanghai. I do appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled you really enjoyed the excellent service from our team, our prime location along the river is due to us being the most established hotel brand in Pudong. This does mean that we are not as new as some, however we do have two distinct towers one of which (the Grand Tower) is more contemporary. Thank you for your vote of confidence in both service and our people. I hope we have more opportunities to welcome you back in the near future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We had an extended stay in the River Wing and between us managed to sample all the extensive facilities. It is simply an outstanding hotel, with great attention to detail in the rooms, several excellent eateries, a well-equipped gym and swimming pool in both towers and a great Spa in the Grand Tower. This is an extremely high quality experience, principally because of the quality of the people working there. The Horizon Club lounge in the River Wing offered one of the most welcoming hotel experiences I can recall. We attended a large event in the Ballroom, at which the catering and personal service were markedly better than I have experienced at similar events around the world. It fully deserves the great reviews others have given it.

Room Tip: River Wing for an uninterrupted view of the river and the Bund. Horizon Club rooms for a great brea...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank carparkview
Peter C, General Manager at Pudong Shangri-La, East Shanghai, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear carparkview,

Thank you for choosing the Pudong Shangri-La Hotel for you recent visit to Shanghai. I do appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled you had an amazing stay with us. As a Senior Reviewer and world traveller you comments are really important. Thank you for your vote of confidence in both our facilities and our people. I hope we have more opportunities to make you feel welcomed in the near future.

I look forward to meeting you on your next visit.

Suzhou, China
Reviewed 1 April 2014

The hotel is what you can expect from a luxury hotel. The rooms are nice. The service is good. There are several restaurants, bar and cafe which are very nice. The location is excellent, in the center of Shanghai, with a subway station nearby. The hotel is in front of the Bund and offers a nice view at night if you are on the river side.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Melaniemei,

Thank you for choosing the Pudong Shangri-La Hotel for you visit to Shanghai. I really appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am delighted you had an excellent stay and I appreciate your comments on the excellent location, convenience, views and overall experience here.