“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #27 of 5,082 Hotels in Shanghai
Brooklyn, New York
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Nice room, good location. Close to train station and stores. No convient stores in the area. Two nearby supermarkets (Lotus and Family Mart) both closes by 10 PM. Walking distance to the boardwalk and beautiful view of the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Benson W
Peter C, General Manager at Pudong Shangri-La, East Shanghai, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Benson W,

Thank you for choosing the Pudong Shangri-La Hotel for you recent visit to Shanghai. I do appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you loved our hotel and had a great with us. Thank you for your comments regarding our convenient location.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back on a future visit.

Peter Clarke,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Shoreham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2014

This was our second stay at the Shangrila and we were not disapointed. Nothing was too much trouble, we are already looking to stay again next October. This was my Husbands 65th birthday and all the reception staff wished him a happy 65th birthday . Try and have a Bund view room worth the extra money.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 16th floor. Very quite, no noise from the floor above. Wonderful views over the...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Eileen M
Dear Eileen M

Thank you for choosing the Pudong Shangri-La Hotel for you recent return visit to Shanghai. I do appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled you had another great stay with us and that your husbands birthday did not go unrecognized or un-celebrated.

I hope we have more opportunities to welcome you back in October.

Africa
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed on both towers of the hotel. I must say I loved the older tower though. It had more soul. The lounge was better and bigger with nicer views of the river. The other lounge is nice too and has views of the Jin Mao Tower and the new tallest building coming up. Service is so good for such a big hotel with so many things going on. I was attending a conference held at the hotel. There is a mall across the road. No direct link though but you have to cross a small road - Super Brand Mall. And then there is a high end one across which is linked to Ritz Carlton hotel - IFC Mall. It's easy to go across and take morning jog along the river.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank kkn889
Dear kkn889,

Thank you for choosing the Pudong Shangri-La Hotel again for you recent return visit to Shanghai. I appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled you enjoyed our Hotel and our service staff so much, thank you for the wonderful rating. I am delighted you experienced so many of our services including BOTH our towers they are truly 2 very different ( but equally impressive) experiences . The views from the River Wing are more spectacular of the HuagnPu River and the Bund due to the proximity to the river.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Shanghai in the near future.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stayed here recently and would recommend to anyone wanting to stay close to the river on the Pudong side. Close to great shopping malls and easy access to the ferry accross the river. Nice big comfortable bed.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Natalie G
Dear Natalie G

Thank you for choosing the Pudong Shangri-La Hotel for your visit to Shanghai. I really appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am also delighted you had a great overall experience. I appreciate your comments on our location and I must admit I think the Ferry crossing is a great way to see the Bund from a very unique angle, thank you for mentioning that.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Pudong Shangri-La in the near future.

Guilin, China
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Great service, excellent food and good location. Pay the extra for use of the Horizon Club, well worth it. Helpful staff, excellent Health Spa. Generous, delicious, varied breakfasts. Justifies its five stars. All our requests and queries were dealt with courteously and promptly. Decor and outside environment perhaps slightly tired. Comfortable beds and quiet rooms

Room Tip: We found that the deluxe rooms in the River Tower were better than upgraded rooms in the Grand Tower...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Jan F
Peter C, General Manager at Pudong Shangri-La, East Shanghai, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Jan F,

Thank you for choosing the Pudong Shangri-La Hotel again for you recent return visit to Shanghai. I appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled you loved our Hotel and our service staff so much, thank you for the wonderful rating. I am delighted you experienced so many of our services including our excellent Chi Spa and also our Horizon Club Lounge and even our comfortable beds. Indeed the views from the River Wing are spectacular of the HuagnPu River and the Bund.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Shanghai in the near future.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I stayed in Pudong Shangri-la in September 2013. I am a big Shangri la fan and try to ensure I stay with SL whenever I am in Asia. Hotels are generally luxurious so great for personal travel. On this occasion I stayed for business and I have outlined pluses and minuses - to summarise, I had a couple of service points which let it down for me but they seemed unusual and my colleague had no such experience. I have given it a 4 still as hotel is very good - the service things knocked the point off.

Pluses were:
+ Location - excellent location close to office and on the river
+ Some great staff and service
+ Free wifi
+ Characteristic AWESOME SL Breakfast
+ Room upgrade (higher floor)
+ Room quite good - usual SL style, marble bathroom etc.

The points which let it down for me where:
- Room upgrade was a smoking room - they did let me know this before offering it to me so it was my choice. The smell of the room was overpowering!
- Some service mess ups specifically:
- colleague left phone in room and left China, left with reception for me to collect, reception left me a message and then I had a drama collecting it with reception tell me I needed to prove she had asked to to collect it - bear in mind reception called me to collect it. It was a bit embarassing and a time waste
- breakfast - I have no idea what happened with breakfast. Some days it was included, some days it wasn't. On the fith day it seemed to no longer be included - the restaurant manager told me not to worry and they would sort it out. I still have no idea what was going on here - on review my rate said it wasn't included so sounds like I had a couple of free breakfasts which is nice. However, it was like a breakfast lottery every day and it should be a basic thing for a hotel to nail.
- Pool area average

Room Tip: High floor, river facing - don't go for smoking!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Kricho
Dear Kricho,

Thank you for choosing the Pudong Shangri-La Hotel for your visit to Shanghai. As a Top Contributor I really appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am also delighted you had a very good experience overall. I appreciate your comments on the Breakfast, and how wonderful the selection, however I also note the billing and will make were we correct this type of communication. I am glad you were able to retrieve your Colleague's phone and again I will address the communication issue. Thank you so much for your other kind comments regarding the room, location and Free wifi.

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 20 April 2014

A very nice hotel with excellent rooms and very decent and polite and helpful crethe food in the yi cafe is more than excellent with a wide range of variety
I would repeat my experience
Only suggest that the prices are some how decreased

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

Peter C, General Manager at Pudong Shangri-La, East Shanghai, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Dear AShokry,

Thank you for choosing the Pudong Shangri-La Hotel for your visit to Shanghai. I really appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am delighted you had an excellent experience and in particular your delight with Yi Cafe, it truly is an amazing choice of cuisines.