Stayed here a couple of times. It has a nice lobby with reasonably friendly staff. All things are as you should expect from a shangri-la hotel. Nothing stands out though.
Last time i stayed there i found a couple of thick black hairs under my pillow. This was the first night of my stay. I'm talking 30cm long and maybe 10 to 15 pieces. That's quite a lot in my opinion and should not be missed by housecleaning. I really hate seeing that as i was just about to sleep. Then suddenly you think they haven't cleaned the rest and god knows what people do in hotel beds. Hygiene is important. Keep in mind i was travelling alone for business and my hair was exactly 1 cm short. I'm really not capable growing such long hair anymore and it shows :)
After showing the hair, the staff kind of insinuates that it must come from myself and definitely not from them. Really? What a nice way of dealing with such an issue. I was polite but really insist they should do something about it. They just apologise in the smallest possible way and that's all. They really don't care about it. Not important to them.
I can forgive the hair being there. We are all human and everybody makes mistakes. But i cannot accept they way they deal with a problem.
After that, the staff never mentioned this again. No apologies worth something. No personal contact during my 5 day stay. Such a waste of money and time. Would not recommend. There are better hotels in the area. for ex. the InterContinental or Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As Shanghai's preeminent hotel, Pudong Shangri-La, East Shanghai offers business and leisure travellers the perfect combination of comfort, service and convenience. Located on the Huangpu River in Shanghai's vibrant Lujiazui financial district, directly opposite the historic Bund, the hotel enjoys easy access to the city's most famous sites. Hongqiao Airport can be reached in just 35 minutes and Pudong Airport in 45 minutes.The hotel comprises a luxurious collection of well-appointed guestrooms and suites in two distinctive wings: the 577-room classic River Wing and the 375-room contemporary and exclusive Grand Tower. All rooms feature panoramic views of the Bund, the Huangpu River or Pudong's spectacular skyline.The prestigious Grand Tower provides some of Shanghai's most luxurious and spacious accommodation. It is also home to the Horizon Club, which offers guests the highest level of personalised service and attention. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Pudong Shangri-La, East Shanghai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pudong Shangri-La Shanghai Hotel Shanghai
- Pudong Shangri La Hotel Shanghai
- Shangri La Shanghai