“usual great experience”

Pudong Shangri-La, East Shanghai
Ranked #28 of 5,138 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed 30 July 2014

the horizon club provides excusive service and facilities for meetings and privacy; the location is right in the business and banking district. they offer large choices of restaurants and plenty of spaces at the Tea House and the Lobby Coffee Shop for brief meetings

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
Peter C, General Manager at Pudong Shangri-La, East Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Peter Y

Thank you for choosing the Pudong Shangri-La Hotel for your recent visit to Shanghai. I appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled we exceeded your expectations in all areas but in particular our Horizon Club floor service and Yi Cafe. I am delighted that you had a great stay, hope to meet you on your next visit.

I hope to welcome you back when you return.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

the lobby was splendid and i like the golden look of this whole place, the bathroom is one of the best bathroom i have been to with all the special smell of Shangri-la brand.there are quite a lot fancy hotels near this area but i think shangri-la is quite standing out among them all cuz it offers a very unique experience to the guests,the staff is quite helpful too.

if u are looking for a good view of the Yangtze river and The Bund and not worry about the price , this suits just fine.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Dear DanielleLY,

Thank you for choosing the Pudong Shangri-La Hotel for your recent visit to Shanghai. I appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular our amazing lobby and our Shangri-La service. I am delighted that you had a great stay.

I hope to welcome you back to the Pudong Shangri-La very soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I had the opportunity to spend a few nights at this hotel, specifically at one the the Bund view Grand Tower rooms.

The hotel's GM and team namely Violaine and Chee Hang were great to offer some advice on what to do during the day such as settling myself at the Horizon Club during the evening and watch the sunset.

If you would like to see the Bund, but do not want to endure the mad rush of tourist poking their monopods in your picture, just grab a pair of binoculars and find a nice spot at the Horizon Club to have a bird's eye view of the Bund while knocking back a glass of wine.

The rooms are very spacious and well-thought off. Waking up to the view of Shanghai was definitely one of my trip's highlight. The only downside to it was a too short of a stay to fully enjoy its facilities.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Peter C, General Manager at Pudong Shangri-La, East Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear b3h0nc3,

Thank you for choosing the Pudong Shangri-La Hotel for you recent visit to Shanghai. I appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed our hotel and facilities during your recent stay. I am so happy you commented on our amazing view, and the best way to enjoy the Bund was with a glass of wine and a pair of binoculars, I couldn't agree more.......

I am thrilled that you has such wonderful stay with us and I hope to welcome you come back soon so you can spend more time and enjoy the entire array of services the hotel has to offer.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

The room was just beautiful and spacious. It is by far the nicest hotel that we have ever stayed at, including trips for business and pleasure.

The breakfast buffet included Western, Chinese and Japanese items.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Daniel W

Dear Daniel W,

Thank you for choosing the Pudong Shangri-La Hotel for you visit to Shanghai. As a Senior Contributor I appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you had an amazing stay with us and enjoyed our amazing breakfast spread also.

I am thrilled that you has such wonderful stay and I hope to welcome you come back soon.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Pinky, Vivian, Ella, MayLisa, Sara, Jenny, Amy, Hansen, Reven, and Helen all do a great job to make me feel like home. I have never been to a VIP lounge, where the team is so prepared for my arrival, and understands my needs. A perfect example is when I injured my arm. All three shifts for whatever reason, understood my situation, and were able to help me during my busy stay. This is the type of service, where there is a system in which the team is able to communicate and understand the needs of their guest.

Well done. Expect to see me every week.

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
1  Thank TheEngEng

Dear TheEngEng,

Thank you for choosing the Pudong Shangri-La Hotel for your recent visit to Shanghai. I appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor and highlighted so may of our Horizon team, they do a tremendous job so I am really pleased you mentioned them individually. I am delighted that you had a great stay, hope to meet you on your next visit. I hope your arm is getting better.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

My family and I (including our two young children) stayed 3 nights in the River Wing of this fantastic hotel. As part of a credit card promotion we immediately received an upgrade to a Bund View Horizon Club Level room. The view was absolutely fantastic with a clear panorama of the Bund. The rooms were spacious and the staff had already set up a rollaway bed in the room for our older child at no additional charge. The Horizon Club Level benefits were fantastic including the service, food, and beverages. The service we received from assistant manager, Kenny Ooi, was beyond excellent and very personalized. Kenny's picture should be in the Dictionary next to the word "hospitality." We enjoyed the Club level so much I upgraded my subsequent Shangri-La hotel rooms in Xi'an and Beijing to Club level as well. The breakfast buffet at the café on the 2nd floor is huge and covers food from all over the world. We truly enjoyed our stay here and would definitely come back as well as highly recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Dev D

Dear Dev D,

Thank you for choosing the Pudong Shangri-La Hotel for you recent visit to Shanghai. I appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you and your family had an excellent stay at our hotel, I know Kenny will be thrilled with your comment, thank you very much for highlighting him and the Horizon Club team.

I hope to welcome you back to the Pudong Shangri-La in the not to distant future.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Shangri-La Pudong maintains the same high standards as the entire Shangri-La chain of hotels. Rooms are clean, very well maintained. Staff is very friendly, helpful, efficient and always available be it at any of the entrances, lounges, front desk etc. The Shangri-La properties are first class as is the staff. Staff is always happy to help when asked but generally have anticipated your needs.
Highly recommend this property . The location makes this Shangri-La an all around winner. Will definitely stay at this property again with no hesitation moreover look forward to returning!

Room Tip: River view will give you view of the Pearl building if in the Grand Tower