We have just returned from a six night visit to this amazing hotel. We stayed in a Premier Bund view room in the newer grand tower and could not fault the room, fantastic layout with large desk, great lighting and views, beautiful furnishings and wonderful bed. The nightly turn down service is amazing with the staff incredibly friendly and respectful and quiet as they went about their nightly routine of turning down the bed, adjusting the curtains, refreshing the bathroom and leaving wonderful chocolates. We also chose the Horizon club room which gave us access to the lounge and nightly drinks and nibbles - incredible! In fact the food, from the awesome Y cafe breakfast buffet to the Horizon club and room service meals, along with Jade 36 were incredible. The food that comes out of this hotel is incredible and has to be seen to be believed - the bakery items, the smoked fish, the chocolates all amazing!! Again, the service cannot be faulted from the Austrian manager of the breakfast buffet who made sure our every need was met and remembered to the conceige staff who recommended a wonderful Hot pot restuarant near his home out in the suburbs - everyone was wonderful.
We also used the well equiped gym and could not fault it.
Yes it is true it is at times difficult to get to the Puxi side with cabs as there is a great deal of development going on due to the world fair 2010 so the best option is to take the Metro over to the Puxi side and if necessary cab from there but to be honest the metro system is clean and easy for the non-Chinese speaker to handle.
The Shangri-La is like an oasis of calm amougst the chaotic charm of Shanghai - yes, I would stay there again in an instant - Class!
Oh, it is not cheap but if money is not a major concern I think it is wonderful and the Horizon Club benefits worth it as they are generous and not at all tight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As Shanghai's preeminent hotel, Pudong Shangri-La, East Shanghai offers business and leisure travellers the perfect combination of comfort, service and convenience. Located on the Huangpu River in Shanghai's vibrant Lujiazui financial district, directly opposite the historic Bund, the hotel enjoys easy access to the city's most famous sites. Hongqiao Airport can be reached in just 35 minutes and Pudong Airport in 45 minutes.The hotel comprises a luxurious collection of well-appointed guestrooms and suites in two distinctive wings: the 577-room classic River Wing and the 375-room contemporary and exclusive Grand Tower. All rooms feature panoramic views of the Bund, the Huangpu River or Pudong's spectacular skyline.The prestigious Grand Tower provides some of Shanghai's most luxurious and spacious accommodation. It is also home to the Horizon Club, which offers guests the highest level of personalised service and attention. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Pudong Shangri-La, East Shanghai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pudong Shangri-La Shanghai Hotel Shanghai
- Pudong Shangri La Hotel Shanghai
- Shangri La Shanghai