The location is great thats why i gave a rating of 2 .
However the service really disgusted me .
I stayed four nights in this hotel , and on the first day i arrived i asked the receptionist for advise on where could i make more business cards as i had to attend an exhibition so they told me to turn left and walk for like five minutes ,
So off i went and couldn't find the place and in china you just can't ask people on the road because of communication problem so i decided to go back to the hotel to ask if one of the hotel staff could accompany me since its only like five mins away .
he was rude about it and told me that he was not suppose to leave work . well, even if it was the case , he could have said it nicely and offered for a solution
On my last day when i was checking out at 7 a.m and had a flight to catch , i had to do a printing of my tickets so i asked them kindly if they could direct me to where i can print .
Again they were rude and said " our business center opens at 8 a.m ,sorry can't do anything"
so i explained that i have to take a flight and its very important ,its like i had to beg them .
so finally one of the staff after hesitation guided me to the computer where i could print which was 5 steps away from the reception .
so he led me to the computer where i could finally print my tickets but the setting language of the computer was Mandarin .
so i went out to ask one of the staff at the reception to come help me and again rudely they were like "No you have to wait till 8 a.m "
This time i flipped and i scolded them as they were just standing by the reception and not even doing any work .
so finally a lady staff comes and tell me 5 rmb for one page of printing , as i was in a hurry to head off to the airport i didn't want to say anything else .
I got my print and paid her 10 rmb for my two page of printing and rushed to the airport.
the staff working on the door was nice though as he actually did some work and arranged a taxi for me .
I hope that this reaches to the hotel owner as the workers don't seem motivated .
p.s i forgot to mention , the room i had got was facing the main road , so at night when i was sleeping , all i could hear were cars and trucks horning
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxurious business class hotel, situated four kilometers from the Shanghai Railway Station, is close to Nanjing Road. Guests will enjoy proximity to the Oriental Pearl Tower, the Bund, Shanghai Grand Theater, Shanghai Government Building, and the People’s Square. The 387 modern guestrooms are adorned with ultra trendy decorations and new furnishings that are comfortable and colored with soothing... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Majesty Plaza Shanghai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Majesty Plaza Shanghai Hotel Shanghai
- Majesty Plaza Hotel Shanghai
- Ramada Shanghai
- Ramada Plaza Shanghai
- Shanghai Ramada