Bund Sightseeing Tunnel

Ways to Experience Bund Sightseeing Tunnel
from US$29.50
More Info
1,192 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 March 2017

I had read the TA reviews and understood that this is not worth the money, but my sister & mother were curious about it and we finally decided to try it. It's just a silly thing, some pointless images on the walls. While in there, both my mom & sister acnowledged that this was not worth it.
It costs 50 RMB one way or 70 roundtrip, while the metro will most likely cost you 10 RMB roundtrip. And it's far more interesting to see the different people i the metro rather than the images in the tunnel.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

We wnted to explore Shanghai and although I hate the open busses my family insisted to do so. It was nice and I learned some new things about Shanghai. The guide advised us to buy tickets for the Bund sightseeing tunnel when I told him we wanted to see the Pudong Area and the financial district. He told us the tickets were cheaper at the bus so we bought 4 tickets for 40 yuan (RMB). He told us that we had round trip tickets. Anyway, te attraction itself was not special at all, it is like you are in a small metro with a light show on the walls. Absolutely boring. We were the only one using the tunnel! When we wanted to go back it appeared that we had to pay 50 yuan per person extra because they sold us SINGLE tickets on the bus. So we decided to take the Metro. DO NOT USE THIS ATTRACTION, it is a disaster!

2  Thank RutgerRabbit
Reviewed 10 March 2017

There aren't enough words in the English language to accurately describe this bonkers little tram ride beneath the Huangpu River. Between the tourist information sign asking visitors to "not go barebacked in public" to the incoherent voiceover yelling things like "fossil variants" and "hell or paradise?" this was one of the best experiences I had in Shanghai. All the other reviewers here simply can't see the diamond in the rough. It was worth every penny and then some. 10 out of 10. Would recommend.

7  Thank Alastair W
Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

I didn't look this up on trip advisor, I simply guesstimated it would be the best way to cross the river to the action end of Pudong. So the bar I set myself was based on the entry advertising....

My experience began by descending down the escalators surrounded by aquatic wildlife pictures. At this point I wondered to myself, surely there isn't anything alive in that river, what is this thing going to be? Sea life projections through a tunnel? Wrong...

You hop on to a modern cart and your weird sci-fi trance party begins with a deep male voice declaring "Meteor showerrrrr" as LED lights blink around you...

The cart proceeds 4ish minutes along the tunnel with random flashing lights; a photosensitive epileptics worst night mare.

Look, I honestly can't complain for 70RMB return it's a cheap laugh and a quick way to cross the river.

Date of experience: February 2017
1  Thank selinl2017
Reviewed 25 February 2017

I went at a perfect time- NO line, NO crowd, walked right on after paying 50 RMB. Since that's only 8 bucks, who cares. The good thing was that it got us back across the river conveniently, but other than that, a total waste of time. (That and we'll always be able to laugh about it.) The sound/music was ridiculously bad, many stretches of the tunnel lacked visual effects as though they were burned-out or something. It's hard to believe a country with so many lactose intolerant people would allow such an immensely cheesy attraction.

Date of experience: February 2017