“Real Italian cuisine”

Ranked #663 of 16,921 Restaurants in Shanghai
Price range: US$14 - US$48
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Acqua e Farina mean Water and flour in english , from this two classic recipe take shape most of the famous Italian dishes..This new Italian spot in Shanghai, Pudong area close to the river, is a celebration of the Italian style. Nice an comfortable environment ,Friendly staff ,Italian, Chinese , Spanish and Portuguese language, offer also outdoor , free WiFi and parking..Set lunch, Sunday brunch and special dinner menu are available..
“Real Italian cuisine”
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Have had lunch with businesspartners there on March 4th. Nice bience, very clean, english speaking staff. Food was excellent and very authentic. And excellent espresso after lunch, what is hard to find in China. While having had a cigarette at the bar afterwards, I had the chance to have a chat with the chef. And then I knew, why food was so good and authentic: the chef is Italian and very passionate on what he is doing. I had to learn that he even makes the pasta himself by hand. It all made a simple business lunch to an unexpected very nice experience. Grazie e in bocca dell lupo per il tuo ristorante. Peter

Acqua E Farina S, Owner at Acqua e farina italian Restaurant, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Peter , it was my pleasure meeting you here and share good time..Hope all the best for you and your future business in China.

Madrid, Spain
“Simple and easygoing”
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff, clean toilets, easy ordering.
Entrees are scarce, and main courses are not complex, with a fair presentation.

Visited March 2014
Acqua E Farina S, Manager at Acqua e farina italian Restaurant, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thanks for your feedback on tripadvisor and for dedicate some of your time for post your nice review..It was our pleasure to be your dining place and hope to see you again..Cheers

Samun
Restaurant Manager
Acqua e Farina Italian Restaurant Shanghai
Iran
“Fantastic Italian food in shanghai”
Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

After few days staying in Shanghai, this restuarant is really fabiolus with perfect service and perfect foods.
Its chef & owner welcome us and we have had a realy nice time.
Really delicious seabass and nice italian white wine.
A must try in shanghai

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Dr-Payam
Acqua E Farina S, Owner at Acqua e farina italian Restaurant, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Hello dear, thanks a lot for found the time to your review, we also appreciate your company here and had a great time..

Shanghai
“Hate to say it but...very disappointing”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Went here on a Saturday night with 2 friends after someone had recommended it and as it featured in the Enjoy Shanghai book (30% off voucher). I had high hopes but was very disappointed. The appetisers were good, we had a salad and bruscetta. However, my pizza was shocking. In a local restaurant I love their potato pizza so I thought I would try the one here. The description said: tomatoes, ham and potato. It did NOT say fries / chips, but that is what was on my pizza!!! Never before have I seen fries on a pizza. It tasted very dull and lacked flavour. My friends cannelloni was also disappointing as it was very dry. The service was ok but lacked something. Was nice to meet the owner but nothing could make up for the fries on a pizza. NOT authentic Italian I am sure!!I hate to say it but I will not be back.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank anafonitria
Acqua E Farina S, Owner at Acqua e farina italian Restaurant, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Hello Dear friend, your disappoint is also my disappointing..when only one guest is not happy that's mean we didn't do a good job..My Apologize for the accident and please next time I will like you call me directly for this.. all your feedback are necessary for improve our service and quality.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Undeserving of a high Trip Advisor rating”
Reviewed 24 May 2013

This is a relatively new restaurant here in Shanghai and as I have lived here for a few years, I have seen many places come and go and I will predict now that this is a place that will not last long.
The quality of the food is poor and yet they have the audacity to charge high prices. I ordered the lasagna and can honestly say that it was similar in quality to a similar one that I have tried in a cheap cafe nearby.
There are so many fantastic restaurants in Shanghai, if you come here on holiday, this does NOT deserve to be on your list.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank nipon4
Thank you for your review anyway..