“A truly exclusive experience”

Twelve at Hengshan, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai
Ranked #48 of 5,032 Hotels in Shanghai
Santiago Metropolitan Region, Chile
“A truly exclusive experience”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Their service and hospitality truly set them apart !. I was invited to join the event taking place in Twelve at hengshan and I can tell you this is one of the best hotels I've visited. They are very helpful, staff speaking very good english . Hotel has a modern design and view from the room on inside patio is something special. Excellent breakfast buffet with all eggs cooked on order,They had us all impressed including my 3 years old son by preparing a special pancake for him<wlEmoticon-smile[1].png>. I wish , I could stay longer than one day

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank CynthiaAkca
Johnny_Mathis_LC, General Manager at Twelve at Hengshan, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your time and efforts in writing such a great review on TA following your stay. I am absolutely delighted to note you had such a memorable stay and that you have rated us so highly.

Thank you for recommending Twelve at Hengshan, a Luxury Collection Hotel and we look forward to the immense pleasure of welcoming you and your family members back to Twelve at Hengshan, a Luxury Collection Hotel in the not too distant future.

Johnny Mathis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Twelve was our first hotel in this journey of five weeks in Asia. I was very impressed because I did not have any expectations of what would find in Shanghai.
The Hotel is very beautiful. Nice decor and splendid architecture.
The room, discreetly decorated, offering more than comfort, especially in the bathroom with great toilet Toto! How not to love?
The breakfast was excellent for my taste. I understand that tastes may differ, especially in Asia, so this was one of the hotels I eat well.
Staff trying to please, and that's important.
The location is not the best, but at least the neighbourhood is quieter than the chaotic Bund.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay and for your nice comments on our room&bathroom facilities, culinary and our services. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Shanghai.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

It's definitely a high end hotel, but I would not rank it better than a Sheraton caliber hotel. Rooms are nice and spacious. The cleaning lady tends to turn the ac off so coming back in the evening to a muggy hot room is not so great. Breakfast buffet is decent-eggs, sausage, congee - typical hotel food in china.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Eyeleans
Johnny_Mathis_LC, General Manager at Twelve at Hengshan, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Twelve at Hengshan, A Luxury Collection Hotel Shanghai for you recent visit to Shanghai. I do appreciate you taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. I really do apologize for the inconvenience caused during your staying period. Please do not hesitate to contact me at johnny.mathis@luxurycollection.com if I can be of assistance.

Denver
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I stayed at Twelve in mid-June of this year. I was their for business travel, and since it is a boutique hotel I wasn't expecting much. However, from the second I pulled up to the door this hotel impressed! The service is attentive and very genuine, the hotel is immaculate, the location is perfect and centralized, and the design of hotel is practical yet impressive modernism. It had everything I needed for business, but also offered many small amenities that made me feel relaxed and that I was on holiday.

I honestly can't find one thing wrong with this hotel, it is amazing.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank pickt00
Johnny_Mathis_LC, General Manager at Twelve at Hengshan, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your time and efforts in writing such a great review on TA following your stay. We are so proud as well as most appreciative of your wonderful comments of our hotel location and services.
Thank you for recommending Twelve at Hengshan, a Luxury Collection Hotel and we look forward to be of service again in the near future.

Texas
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This is a wonderful hotel, with a fabulous lobby and staff, great rooms, and a great spa and fitness center. This is my second visit and the staff knew that when I arrived and treated me very nicely. It's a great hotel. Also, the Hengshan subway stop has now opened an entrance right across the street from the hotel (entrance number 4 I think), which is incredibly convenient. Subways in Shanghai are very nice, frequent, and fast.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank hcmjkm
Johnny_Mathis_LC, General Manager at Twelve at Hengshan, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us again and we greatly appreciate your detailed feedback which have been shared with our team. In reference to your comment on the hotel location, it's really just outside of the subway station and we are pleased to let you know that the hotel lies in the heart of Shanghai’s former French Concession surrounded by restaurants, cafes, boutiques, galleries and restored art-deco buildings.

Shanghai
Reviewed 16 June 2014

It's my best hotel in shanghai,with best lacotion in shanghai,the staff very friendly ,rooms very nice and clean,RESTURANT and food perfect,I stay in this hotel until now 12 stays ,no any more comments:)))
Maher abu-nasser

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Maherrr
Johnny_Mathis_LC, General Manager at Twelve at Hengshan, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay and for your nice comments on our hotel location, room facilities, culinary as well as our services. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Shanghai.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I have been traveling to Shanghai for over 20 years and while I enjoyed all my previous stays at the Westin on the Bund, this hotel is a cut above. I find the staff incredibly friendly, the hotel one of the most modern, the restaurant wonderful and the fitness facility top notch. The service I have found to be absolutely the best in Shanghai. On top of all the hotel offers, for a western traveler, this area is where you want to stay, with multiple eating and drinking options close by.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Keith W
Dear Keith,

Thank you for staying with us at Twelve at Hengshan, a Luxury Collection Hotel and we greatly appreciate your detailed feedback which have been shared with our team. In reference to your comment on the hotel location, we are pleased to let you know that the hotel lies in the heart of Shanghai’s former French Concession surrounded by restaurants, cafes, boutiques, galleries and restored art-deco buildings. Apart from the above, I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us and greatly appreciate your kind patronage. We look forward to the immense pleasure of welcoming you back to Twelve at Hengshan, a Luxury Collection Hotel in the not too distant future.