“Excellent services”

Ranked #1 of 5,059 Hotels in Shanghai
Hong Kong, China
“Excellent services”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I was treated as a valued customer in each area in the hotel, no matter in front desk, swining pool, concierge......During my last stay in Mandarin Oriental Pudong, my flight was cancelled. So I made a late check out request in order to wait for the arragement from travel agency. I was offered a late check out up to 4pm which I belived it was the longest times I received during peak hour on Friday!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MO_Pudong, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental Pudong, Shanghai, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Edgar_Ma,

Thank you very much for your positive comments about Mandarin Oriental Pudong, Shanghai! We are delighted to learn about your appreciation of our high level of service. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel for another fantastic experience.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 19 July 2014

My wife and I stayed 6 nights. It was an excellent experience. The staff provided excellent service, the club lounge was excellent, the hotel taxi service was awesome, and the room was clean & spacious.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Conpoy
MO_Pudong, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental Pudong, Shanghai, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Conpoy,

Thank you very much for your positive comments about Mandarin Oriental Pudong, Shanghai! We are delighted to learn about your appreciation of our high level of service and facilities. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel for another fantastic experience.

Shanghai
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed for 3 nights at Mandarin Oriental and I had an amazing experience. Clean, neat, very friendly and professional staffs and good room decoration and amenities. I'd also recommend breakfast here! They have variety of good quality food available!!

Stayed July 2014
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I think the title says it all. This is a fabulous property with staff that are terrific. I really enjoyed my stay at this property and wish I could have stayed longer.

Check in was a breeze, done in the room itself. Beautiful corner room on the 18th floor. The room is gorgeous and everything that you could possibly need is in the room. Lovely views, beautiful furniture, everything in immaculate condition. Bathroom is gorgeous.

Staff, particularly Mia at front desk and Jieyuan at concierge were incredible - competent, professional, thougtful. All the staff were terrific and level of english was excellent consistently.

Breakfast was excellent and a great selection. Chef was very personable, offering suggestions, help and freshly baked apple pastries.

Gym was excellent and really enjoyed the facilities - pool was huge and beautful, spa facilities wonderful.

I can't say enough good things about this property and hope to return again. A.Wong

Room Tip: try to get a corner room
Dear AndrewW2,

Thank you for your kind review of Mandarin Oriental Pudong, Shanghai. We are delighted to hear that you have had such a wonderful time with us, and that you appreciate the hospitality offered by our professional team. I have shared your comments with our colleagues and they are very motivated by your positive feedback. Hope we can welcome you back before long.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I spent 5 days at the Mandarin Oriental Pudong, Shanghai and I absolutely loved my stay. The Airport Limo transfer was smooth and welcoming, and the on-car wifi enabled be to quickly catch up on e-mails. I was warmly greeted and escorted to the room for check-in. The room was amazing! I loved the bed, the linens, the pillows, the oversized bath tub with TV, and the general feel and ambience of the room was very warm and I instantly felt at home. The food was good, and gym fantastic, I utilised their Personal Trainers whilst there and they were very good too. Going out on the town a little inconvenient, but it was a 5 minute walk to our office. Very hard to fault and I can admit I can be a difficult customer but will definitely stay there on my next visit!

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking the river as views at night are quite something
2 Thank Deanbsward
Dear Deanbsward,

Terrigal, Australia
Reviewed 17 July 2014

An amazing service orientated Hotel. If you want to feel special, pampered like royalty, then this is the hotel for you. You will get sick of hearing your name after a few days. The hotel was 80% booked out when were were there but you just don't see them. The restaurants are first class, the breakfast is as good as the best and better than most. The only down side is they don't have a club to join that I could see. If they did, I would stay here every time.

Room Tip: The Hotel car is great to be picked up and delivered to the Airport. Views are good but not outstand...
1 Thank gwil41735
MO_Pudong, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental Pudong, Shanghai, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear gwil41735,

Thank you for your kind review of Mandarin Oriental Pudong, Shanghai and we greatly appreciate your detailed feedback which have been shared with our team. In reference to your comment on the club, we are pleased to let you know that the hotel does have the club floors for our guests and the guests can enjoy 24-hour access to the second-floor Club Lounge, offering complimentary refreshments throughout the day and evening, and the facilities and privacy to relax, work or conduct business. Apart from the above, I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us and greatly appreciate your kind patronage. My colleagues and I look forward to the immense pleasure of welcoming you back to Mandarin Oriental Pudong, Shanghai in the not too distant future.

Woodbridge, Connecticut
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This was our first time to Shanghai and we made the mistake at initially staying at the Ritz Carlton Pudong first. The level of service at Mandarin is so far above and beyond Ritz, the Ritz should be embarrassed. From the moment the Mandarin sent their house car and greeter to the Ritz to pick us up, we felt at home. The pampering had begun that Mandarin is so famous for. I cant really list all the employees who made us feel welcome and valued, but, it starts from the drivers, to club room staff, and obviously all begins with Max the hotel manager.

I strongly recommend the club level it is well worth the few extra dollars and the food presentations are numerous, and the level of service legendary. The breakfast and happy hour are so much food, you would not even need to go out after.

The rooms are large and luxurious. We were traveling with our kids and had rooms 919 and 920, and it was a harborview suite and connecting room through a common vestibule. The rooms are comfortable, with great rainfall showers, and Jacuzzi tubs. Fitness center and staff were amazing, and the spa looked great, although we did not have time to enjoy it.

Also one of the best restaurants we went to was 58 degrees at the hotel. Great French food and amazing service. One of the best meals in Shanghai.

Room Tip: All rooms are great. But, club level is amazing.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
MO_Pudong, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental Pudong, Shanghai, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Jleibo,