“Feeling right at home at a wonderful hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mandarin Oriental Pudong, Shanghai

Mandarin Oriental Pudong, Shanghai
Ranked #1 of 4,941 Hotels in Shanghai
Singapore, Singapore
“Feeling right at home at a wonderful hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

My first day and I was immensely impressed with their professionalism, the level of service provided and the lovely room. By the second day, I actually looked forward to returning to the hotel after a full day of meetings. Now sitting at the table waiting for dinner to be served, I am truly overwhelmed with the attentiveness and friendliness from every single staff I meet. Agree the menu at the Zest is limited, but I will not complain. The floor manager (presumably) noticed I could not decide what to have, had a chat to find out my preference and offered to arrange dumpling noodle which is not on the menu. He went on to arrange salad on the house as it would take a little longer to prepare; and the noodle was served well before I'm done with the salad. Everyone makes me feel right at home. Even the chef who prepared the noodle is so friendly and wonderful! And did I mention I love the gym?

1 Thank awwl
MO_Pudong, Manager at Mandarin Oriental Pudong, Shanghai, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear awwl,

Thank you so much for taking your time to write us a great review regarding your stay at Mandarin Oriental Pudong, Shanghai. We are delighted to learn that you have had such a wonderful time with us, and that you were delighted by the attentiveness and friendliness of our staff. I believe your positive feedback will certainly motivate our staff to further satisfy our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel for another wonderful stay very soon.

Yours sincerely

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Ormond Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

The position of the hotel is great.If the club lounge and restaurants were on a higher floor it would be the perfect position as the view would be the best of the Hotels on the river.Our bedroom was river facing and was beautiful. Bathroom excellent, room/suite comfortable.The spa, gym and pool the best I have experienced.Club level good but food was fair.We used all the facilities in club lounge like the conference room etc. All very well organized and wonderful service.Avoid week-end as the club lounge is packed with families and screaming kids.There should be a min. age for kids to be allowed in a club lounge.The only down side of the hotel was that language was a problem on more than one occasion.

Room Tip: Room 1920. River view.

1 Thank ihicks
MO_Pudong, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental Pudong, Shanghai, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear ihicks,

It’s wonderful to know that you enjoyed the hotel’s convenient location, our guestroom features and Wellness Center. Thank you very much for your kind praises on our professional staff which will certainly motivate our colleagues in our mission to completely delight and satisfy our guests.

I have duly noted your feedback regarding our staff’s English skills and not allowing children to use the Club below a certain age. We greatly appreciate your valuable feedback and kindly rest assured it will be certainly reviewed by our related department heads as a source of opportunity and improvement.

Apart from the above, I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us and greatly appreciate your kind patronage. My colleagues and I look forward to the immense pleasure of welcoming you back to Mandarin Oriental Pudong, Shanghai in the not too distant future.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

This is by far the best Shanghai spot so far. Location is right on the water, excellent top notch service, called by name EVERY time i saw a front desk staff member or butler. Rooms are gorgeous, I had a corner room with multiple viewpoints. The bathroom is tremendous and extremely well laid out. Beautiful finishes throughout. I literally did not leave the hotel from the time I checked in until two days later when I had to leave. The lounge is a great spot to have a drink or have meetings, and the buffet restaurant staff were extremely accommodating and well trained. The airport transfer service was prompt and comfortable, clean car, uniformed driver, easy to spot from when you leave the customs area at Pudong.
All in all, you can't ask for more in a hotel.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
MO_Pudong, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental Pudong, Shanghai, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Bobbyz51,

Thank you for your kind review of Mandarin Oriental Pudong, Shanghai. We are delighted to hear that you have had such a wonderful time with us, and that you appreciate the hospitality offered by our professional team. I have shared your comments with our colleagues and they are very motivated by your positive feedback. Hope we can welcome you back before long.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stayed here back in 2013 on a business trip when it just opened. Just fantastic. You can expect the MO signature service and attention to detail.. My deluxe room faced the Bund and was a good size, cosy for the 2 of us. The room was well appointed and room service excellent.

My wife had nothing but praise for the staff and how they looked after her and helped with her inquiries whilst I was at meetings. Shes super hard to please so they must have been good!

The only drawback is at the time the hotel was still quite new and many of the taxi drivers didn't know where it was, even with the hotel namecard. Shanghai taxi drivers are pretty rubbish anyway but that did cause a couple of hiccups. Its probably not an issue now.

I would come back and stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Dezzydez,

Thank you very much for your positive comments about Mandarin Oriental Pudong, Shanghai! We are delighted to learn about your appreciation of our high level of service and facilities. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel for another fantastic experience.

California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I booked an executive apartment through Agoda. After I arrived at MO pudong, there was some confusion about what's included in the reservation (for the most part it's an Agoda issue). After I talked to sorted things out, MO pudong graciously honored what was advertised on Agoda's website.

The employees at this hotel are fairly young and not the most experienced, however, they do try to meet your every need. Especially wanted to thank Daniel at the business center who fixed the Xbox connection problem for us, and Joseph at the front desk who even wrote me a personal email to apologize for a minor issue. Even the cleaning lady was a delight to talk to.

The apartment we stayed at was modern and spotless. Bed and pillow were pure heaven. The bathtub/shower area has a great view of the river, and it was so spacious that my visitors' kids used it as their lounge area!

The high tech wiring could use some improvement. The air condition in the bedroom couldn't be turned off for some reason, I had to ask the hotel to just unplug the whole thing. The lights in the room would suddenly turn on/off with no apparent reason.

Overall an excellent stay thanks to the great service provided by everyone.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank LoveAthens2014
MO_Pudong, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental Pudong, Shanghai, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear LoveAthens2014,

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

I was treated as a valued customer in each area in the hotel, no matter in front desk, swining pool, concierge......During my last stay in Mandarin Oriental Pudong, my flight was cancelled. So I made a late check out request in order to wait for the arragement from travel agency. I was offered a late check out up to 4pm which I belived it was the longest times I received during peak hour on Friday!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MO_Pudong, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental Pudong, Shanghai, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Edgar_Ma,

Thank you very much for your positive comments about Mandarin Oriental Pudong, Shanghai! We are delighted to learn about your appreciation of our high level of service. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel for another fantastic experience.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

My wife and I stayed 6 nights. It was an excellent experience. The staff provided excellent service, the club lounge was excellent, the hotel taxi service was awesome, and the room was clean & spacious.

2 Thank Conpoy