“A Great Shanghai Surprise”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shanghai
Savills Residence Century Park
Ranked #31 of 348 Speciality Lodging in Shanghai
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We were two couples sharing a 2-bedroom duplex for 5 days. The apartment, at 276 square meters (about 3,000 sq feet), is even more beautiful than the pictures on the website as the furnishings are all 5-star and the place feels brand new.

The location is a short taxi ride away from the airport Maglev train station and is across the street from the Kerry Parkside Mall, which has a great variety of restaurants, shops and a grocery store (where we bought everything we needed to stock our kitchen). The front desk would arrange our taxis everywhere, which took no more than 10 minutes to arrive (note that there is a nominal RMB 4 surcharge for telephone taxis).

The units feature large flat-screen TV's in each bedroom and the living room and there is a huge spectrum of channels. The kitchen is fully equipped, including a combination washer/dryer. The upstairs master bedroom has 2 seating areas, a dressing room, dual sinks and separate shower stall with 3 different types of shower heads. Note that the mattresses are very firm. Daily housekeeping was as good as any five-star hotel I have experienced.

As outstanding as the apartments themselves are the management and staff. Nothing was too much for them and every request was not only handled quickly buy they always followed up to make sure that all was well. They were more than happy to make dinner reservations and took the initiative to reconfirm the day of the meal.

Savills Century Park made our trip to Shanghai more relaxing and enjoyable than we thought possible and we can't wait to return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Travel Richly

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Excellent facilities and ideally located close to subway. Attentive staff who were always on hand to help if needed.
Good range of tv channels, excellent air conditioning and everything was spotless

very comfortable beds

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2014

When I moved to China I was looking for a serviced and full furnished apartment, to have my move and also my stay as smooth and stressless as possible. I have looked at around 15 apartments in the beginning, for a stay of 2 years, all over Shanghai, focusing on Pudong and Puxi. All of them were fully furnished, 50% also serviced.

Finally I decided for Savills, which was the last apartment I have visited, and luckily I did!

Location:

For me as a heavily business traveller the location was ideal! I was looking for a quiet area, not within the city centre, to get off all the noise and stress after work. Savills fulfilled this demand perfectly. At the edge of century park, overlooking the Villas area, in a fresh and green looking atmosphere. Rooms (garden view) are totally quiet, I did not even hear a single car passing on Huamu Road. Overlooking the skyline (up to the World Financial Center) gave me a special feeling to relax. Century park just 3 minutes of walking distance, opened opportunities to walk in pure nature and enjoying Century Parks facilities.

The compound itself has a very luxury and exclusive touch, extremely nice outdoor area in style of a big park, also nice to take some walks after work and relax. Gym very close by and club house facilities are all perfectly serviced, clean, and offer latest sports equipment. As it's available only to Savills and Villa's guests, there is always plenty of free room. Maybe opening hours can be adjusted to serve guests coming also after 8pm.

Swimming Pool extremely nice, with beds available, very clean water. Staff very nice and helpful on every matter!
Last not least, Savills is located just across Kerry Hotel, which offers Kerry Mall, where I got really all the stores I need for daily life.
Starting from exclusive huge supermarket 'Ole' with a lot of western imported products, to hair cutters, clothing stores, convenient stores, pharmacies, electronic supplies, restaurants of all styles (US to Asian). So in short: very convenient and easy shopping experience on 3 levels.
All these location aspects have been one of the key motivations for me to go for Savills, as I got everything I need just in walking distance.

Savills Serviced Apartments:

I was impressed from the beginning when I saw the apartments the first time, and literally they topped all of the 15 apartments which I saw as well prior to my move. They are furnished and equipped in a way which do not leave any open demands: complete high quality furniture (beds, wardrobes, carpets, tables, chairs, etc...) in very warm and convenient colours, providing a cosy atmosphere rather than the 'cool stuff' you see in some other apartments. A lot of assets, like iron board, umbrella, electronic equipment (radios, TV's, iPod docking stations, alarm clocks in the bedroom), and also cool ambient lighting in every room, fully adjustable. Little things which makes your stay very convenient and cosy, and things which I usually do not pay too much attention too when selecting apartments. But once you got them you never want to miss them.

Full kitchen equipment, like cutlery, plates, etc. All completely new.

Toaster, Rice cooker, etc....so everything is available, you don't need to ship any single item from your home. And if there is anything you need in specific (like I wanted to have a fruit juicer), you just go to Kerry Mall across the street and get it for a good price.

Even my request on replacing the washing machine with a dish washer was fulfilled, as I used Savills in-house laundry service, which is a very convenient way to get your laundry done. Laundry price is absolutely fair, even better than fair, and saves you from a lot of troubles by doing your own laundry. Always on time, always high quality, even if you don't order ironing service, shirts are always like ironed. And best of class: I didn't even miss a single item of my clothes during the 13 months stay.

Bed equipment was perfect, fresh and new linen and sheets every week, always prepared like in a hotel, cleaning staff very helpful and friendly, even post checks to see if all the cleaning has been done properly. Never had even a single complaint, apartment looked like new every other day (I had 3 days cleaning service a week, which is included in the rent). Even little repairs (lamps, etc.) have been done without any ask.

I also had a water dispenser on request in my room, which I recommend rather than drinking tapped water. For empty gallons, you simply call reception, and you will have the new gallon within minutes. They even help to change gallon.

Overall my experience was amazing! I felt like home, literally, and the very friendly staff made my stay an experience, which I would rate like a small little family experience. Even when far away from my home, I always felt like being home! The staff was always helpful, they always had a smile on their faces, they helped with simple things like calling a cab, advising the taxi driver where to go (as they don't speak English), they are really always at your service, even in busy times, they help with small business related things like printing or sending postal mails. And when you sometimes come back and see your room is just being serviced, simply go down to the lobby and enjoy a free cup of tea or fresh coffee (nice coffee machine!!) while relaxing in big comfortable chairs, listening to easy lounge music and reading latest news papers and magazines. And they front office staff will always help and serve.

Whatever request you may have, the front office staff is willing and interested to help you as fast as they can. A very special thank you to Ken Zhang, the front office manager, who always helped on every request, always had a solution to whatever ask, and managed his whole team in an extraordinary way!

I would definitely recommend Savills Residence for business travellers planing to stay in Shanghai for some while and looking for a very convenient location overall. Savills fulfilled all my needs I had. I even forgot to mention that it's just only minutes walking distance away from the metro, which connects you to all of Shanghai. Even minutes drive away from Maglev, the airport express train, which gets you to Pudong airport in 8 minutes (!!).

Savills was the best place for me. When I received notice to from my company to leave for my next place, Singapore, I was really sad to give up such a nice, friendly, home-like place. I will get back to Shanghai for sure very soon, and will say hi to Savills! It was a great and amazing experience I never wanted to miss! Luckily I found this place!

Room Tip: Go for the rooms facing the garden area, they are absolutely quiet!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank andi1180
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I booked a 2 bedroom apartment with 2 others for 5 days. The apartment was well decorated with a huge fridge/freezer, microwave, ipod dock, and satellite TV. The twin bedroom was a bit small for me but it still had room. The master bedroom was a nice size. Most of the staff could understand English and were happy to help us. The only downside was the hardness of the beds, it would be nice to sleep on a softer surface.
Although the apartment is not in central Shanghai this was not a problem for us, as the metro is only 5 mins away. We went everywhere by metro for around £1.85 for 1 day travelcard. We only used the taxi when going out late at night after 10.30pm to the clubs, and the costs were very reasonable. But be mindful the prices of using the taxi costs more after 11pm. Furthermore the residence is 5mins away from a shopping mall. We regularly visited here to do our shopping for breakfast and eat at some of the restaurants in the evening.
I would definitely stay here again if I came back to Shanghai, and would recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank rbex
Reviewed 12 December 2013

nearby shanghai expo. New building and security very good.
Rooms are very clean and comfortable, there have washing machine, cooker and other, allow to cook.
Suit for family trip, I will stay at this hotel again if I visit shanghai again

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Savills was our home for 5 1/2 months! We moved tho S.hai from southern England and LOVED our stay in Savills! The entire place is lavish, clean and comfortable! The staff are delightful and always ready to help. We miss Tony so much, always helped out with my twins and shopping etc, they really went out the extra mile to assist.
The compound is very leafy and wonderful for walks. The clubhouse has a great swimming pool and across the road is The Kerry Centre (Mall) which hosts a variety of restaurants, supermarket, Spas and the great Baker & Spice Cafe/ Bistro.

Savills we all miss you so much!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Dwayk
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

Fantastic what else can be said for a budget price stay. Lavishly furnished, excellent security, clean and a home from home. We stayed here 8 nights for business which is literally a stone throw away from the expensive Kerry Hotel charging nearly £145 per night !! These are self catering apartments so you will need to buy food for breakfast in the morning and we out for lunch and dinner most nights. We had a 2 bedroom apartment with all mod cons such as microwave, washing machine and drier, large tv's in every room. This is a absolutely great place to stay.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business